India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

So if Gopi is expecting a girl...

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Will the Modi's go in for gendercide? I believe that's quite popular in India. And a few other countries before I get the usual disclaimers.

If RS really wants to get people talking about social issues I suggest she highlight it on her silly little show. After all it happens on a daily basis in real life...

Such a shame really... but what can one do with people who are ignorant and backward*

Which reminds me... do people protest this kind of thing? Like they get excited about other issues? Or do they just accept it as a way of life?

*My little note here was for people for practised gendercide before you get your knickers in a knot!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadGiafanmegustajalebivish.narenMadhura2105A2ZVictoryIchangedityhm_craze

Giafan Goldie
Giafan
Giafan

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
If RS does, something, like that in her show, I will seriously go and kill her.  I hate ppl, who does scan to find out whether they are having boy or girl? if it is a girl, what will happen? Both boys and girls given by God.
ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Giafan

If RS does, something, like that in her show, I will seriously go and kill her.  I hate ppl, who does scan to find out whether they are having boy or girl? if it is a girl, what will happen? Both boys and girls given by God.

Yes I hate them too. But it happens. They must show it on tv. People - especially women - enjoy seeing emotional and physical abuse of women on tv. They will love this too! I am sure trp's will sky-rocket. Or maybe Kairee can show it. Who produces that show?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Giafan

yhm_craze IF-Rockerz
yhm_craze
yhm_craze

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
i really want gohem to have a daughter..want to see koki's reaction to that...Ahem being the eldest is the heir to the so called Modi business empire..koki is really competitive and ambitious..i am curious to see how she reacts if gohem have a daughter and raji have a son..seeing the way the modis treat their daughters (kinjal is not even invited to her parents' wedding anniversary party!!) i wonder if gohem's daughter will inherit the business...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadShaunSA

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

Shaun . gendercide in India is ILLEGAL ... i do not think RS will show that in her show..

it is such a socially sensitive subject .. i don't think she will touch the topic of gendercide

Edited by munnihyderabad - 18 July 2012 at 1:55pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

megustajalebiShaunSAVeni-Vidi-Vici

Thamanna85 Goldie
Thamanna85
Thamanna85

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
That kind of storyline won't suit the Modi's, they're pretty conservative people in that subject. It would suit Urmila, say if Rashi does get pregnant and Urmila is worried it's a girl she will make her have a scan first. It could work there. I agree that it happens in real life too, and if they can show it in way for people understand and change their views then they should deffo show it T.V.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadmegustajalebiShaunSAVeni-Vidi-Vici

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

Shaun . gendercide in India is ILLEGAL ... i do not think RS will show that in her show..

it is such a socially sensitive subject .. i don't think she will touch the topic of gendercide

Just cos it's illegal doesn't mean it must not be shown on tv munni. The whole point is to educate people. I assume that's why we have these silly little serials.

Oh no wait. I forgot. The objective of these serials is to glorify the emotional and physical abuse of woman. Although I am pretty sure gendercide would come in under that.

You reckon indian women will clap and cheer to watch it? They seem to enjoy watching their own sex being tortured. I have no clue why.

ll-Shilpa-ll IF-Sizzlerz
ll-Shilpa-ll
ll-Shilpa-ll

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
I believe Aamir Khan has already touched this issue on his show, and I believe he got good response too.

As for this silly show and RS, Shaun, watch it for entertainment purposes and leave the big issues for people who can handle it better. Not only this issue, but many other social issues also.

RS writers were born stupid and will die stupid.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ramyaaangelirebelliShaunSAgauri72Madhura2105

Go to top