Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Khushi is the most disrespected character on IPK. (Page 42)

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged

@Fari

You have raised some very interesting but at the same time discomfiting thoughts. I do too feel soon she is just going to be that beautiful trophy brought out from the locked cabinet every time there is a ratings dip and I doubt she will have her own individual identity with her own story to tell which was not the case last year They had 2 separate tracks going on involving both the leads personal family lives and now all that has been diluted to just one story one roof one track. What a shame

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your analysis which gave me much food for thoughtSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

blackdice1001AmazingAmyincandescentOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged

@AiniBig smile

Girl don't worry Hope it was not too complicated or longwinded or shattered some myth Feel free to PM me anytime and it was a pleasure sharing with you

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChic

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Harshita I remember the promo. It will be suicidal for the PH to ignore Khushi for too long. We saw last weeks trps, the moment the focus shifted from Khushi / Arhi  the trp went below 3.

Honestly I don't have much hope from the PH but Ni1234 said that the channel still considers Khushi as the female lead. 

But the PH and the channel has to realize that Arhi isn't just about romantic scenes sooner rather than later. The best scenes from last week was when they hug,ASR carries her to bed and the staircase scene. Those were meaningful scenes which touched our hearts. We need more scenes like that. 

Fari don't worry, the channel considers IPK as 'Khushi's story'

u probably saw this pic i posted before, but the fact that this is the character they have put there means, the story as far as the channel is concerned is from Khushi's POV (not that it is right now n that is why we r even having this discussion right now)
It may have been meant to be Arnav's story as far as Gul 1st thought it..but from what i know the channel agreed to 'Khushi's journey from innocence in to this tumbled life'
they have always maintained that(the channel that is- in all their promotions)..

also Sanaya is a SP actress while Barun is a PH actor..their contracts r different and it was SP's decision to get Sanaya as the lead for IPK as she was considered for both EHM jeevika's character & this at the same time..
so there is no two ways about the female lead being Sanaya. She was the only actress from the entire crew considered for lead roles. Anjali was a parallel lead like PaYash, but with a bit more prominence comparatively...

and well seriously it is about time they introduced some depth in to ArHi track as well as Khushi continuously..cz what they have followed till now is on a random day they throw in a bit of depth and make our hopes lift and the very next day and many more days to follow ridicule both Khushi as a character and ArHi as a couple so that the depth that was gained would be utterly wasted!:((

also the past is guaranteed related to Khushi as it was very specifically said that (a then 8 year old) Khushi was the reason for Arnav's destroyed past (obviously indirectly and probably due to her parentage which is more of a mystery right now even than Arnav, Anjali's).

Edited by princessunara - 20 July 2012 at 6:09am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tachyonAmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChicincandescentFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Priyanka Hug

So glad to see the thread still going strong Big smile

Just my 2 bits again and promise you I am done after thisLOL

Yesterday's kiss scene- her expression has been subject to some debate and I personally felt if they had only shown her having her own FB of him blackmailing her that it was just 6 months then that mutinous submission with a you cannot make me respond to you come what may look on her face just before he moved in was very much right on target

All it had to take the team was just 20 seconds of dialogue in her mind and we would have had no doubts over her emotions. She was perfect during the Diwali Almost kiss with that touch of passionate anticipation and nervousness as also the Poolside sangeet Kiss where she kind of suspected he wanted to kiss her but was still shocked when he did so. Yesterday she was great in her various micro expressions from doubt to surprise to passion to want to uncertainty to anger till the last moment when she seemed off base so yes lack of attention to detail and sheer shoddy negligence of verbalizing her inner turmoil was very much evident and leading to speculation A couple of seconds of work by the CV's is all that was required to make the actor look convincing instead of bizarre

When LB fired her first salvo in an interview somewhere late last year/early this year cannot quite remember the time precisely and indicated that this also was a herocentric show just like her other but only the channel was different and that the female character was a mere adjunct to his story, this information of course did not go down to well with many who had assumed this was a story of 2. This then was reaffirmed when there was a sudden butchering of who KKG actually was in early December which lead to the exodus of a lot of female and family viewers who just could not cotton on to a story sans a strong female protagonist and the downward spiral in the loss of the kind of viewers who really make a difference to the value of a serial still continues and this latest round of it being a brother and sister story has only added to the desertion.

We all should have realized early on that the fact that Khushi hardly features in any of the SP promos/ads should have been stark indication that this is not a SP backed female oriented serial So for all  here who went on moaning and bitching that KKG is a typical SP bahu and the serial is a typical SP stereotype and that poor Arnav Bitwa is subject to the vagaries and caprice of the TV network News Flash No way in any way in fact very much the opposite.

I much to my chagrin fell in love with the serial because I was seduced into believing that it was a love story between 2 strong individuals and that is what I continued to hold in good faith till the last couple of months when the slow moral and ethical fiber of KKG character slowly started eroding only to be replaced by this one-dimensional superficial nebulous vapid pretender and now reduced to a TRP bait
While I was thankful at that time this serial was not your typical MIL/DIL/SIL/FIL sort of saga and the reason i started to watch that it was about 2 interesting protagonists with some sizzling chemistry amazing dialogues and scenes that made you sit up and take notice without the silly melodramatic family dynamics of typical asian soaps now am not so sure about my choice any moreOuch Doubt I will ever watch another soap again Once is more than enough Dead

One cannot rebuke SP or the TRP viewers for the current rating fiasco- they know what works and what doesn't.  I lay the blame squarely on the PH and Creatives for false advertising playing a con game of bait and switch on the viewers and still not willing to accept their mistakes. Sure we got a hot romantic track yesterday but I doubt it will help sustain the serial in the long run unless the story of these 2 in conjunction with the other ensemble cast is not properly told and no this does not mean I endorse Didi ki sout but meant an all round story development like the other serials I believe in the Lamp and wick story even the domestic help has her own story to tell now that is what is called connection to the viewers heart mind and soul not to mention TRPThumbs Up

KKG has got to have a constructive role to play and not merely serve as a eye candy for RV moments for the hero else the serial will tank soon case in point the ME in spite of having a lot of ASR light hearted moments did not click with the audience although in all fairness there was also no drama in that episode

What worked in Jan Feb for 4 plus rating – wedding sangeet them romancing and a parallel story being told and a strong KKG at that time in conjunction with a sparring ASR Those were the glory days

I love both these characters that came out of this soap and it does break my heart when I do see their originality being tampered with Yes even ASR'sOuch

I really did not like that closet bit somehow not at all characteristic of him and felt it kind of demeaned his persona but chalo in the name of romance anything can happen

with this i think i am all ranted out LOL 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Erika1AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChic

Erika1 Goldie
Erika1
Erika1

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
LOL

Edited by Erika1 - 21 August 2012 at 4:47pm

AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kriyanshlover

I agree. If the story was about Arnav and Anjali then why was she not importent when Arnav got kidnapped?? Why didn't Anjali save Arnav instead being all clueless??? I don't understand how the story can be about Arnav and Anjali. First showing Khushi in the promtion as the lead. And then the title being Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Nafrat Paas Anne Na De Mohabbat Dur Janne Na De
ClapClap
very very well said

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmy

FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
@Erika
In which case i think even the 2.8 viewership will disappear
Bright side I can finally say goodbye to the serial instead of waiting for a better tomorrow

Erika1AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOm

nb2011 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-HappyBird-AmazingAmyOnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

Go to top