Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Khushi is the most disrespected character on IPK. (Page 40)

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by incandescent

I have to agree to that as well. The episode was good but nothing really changed in terms of Khushi's characterization. 

Arhi relationship is not about Romantic scenes. It's about the complexity of their characters and emotions. Gradually Khushi is losing her layers. Very soon Khushi will patch up with Arnav. Nani is already on her side and looks like Akash will also warm up to her soon. Then what?

Shyam will make his comeback and it's going to be Raizada's against Shyam and later Arnav and Anjali's past will be revealed. The way the story has shaped up, I doubt Khushi has any connection with Arnav's past. So other than just being there she won't have much to do. 

I doubt she will leave RM unless they show Anjali creating a situation where she is forced to leave. 

You are totally right in saying that Sanaya is being reduced to the eye candy of the show...just the way Kareena was the female lead of Body guard and Ra.One. 

well Fari i don't know about the comparisons u did about these movies as i am yet to watch a movie since i caught the IPK virus..(ya as shocking as it is the last 1 i watched was Sky High in last August or so!:s)
but i get the gist of it as that is exactly what we saw today..

we want Khushi to retaliate not to the childish pranks and challenges! nor do i want her to just react to the obvious sexual intensity b/w them (though that is an integral part of ArHi. but as u said it is not all that is about ArHi!)
but i want her to respond to the hurtful words that has been sad to her, specially this past Thursday. cz i honestly don't want to believe the girl who heard 'u r the biggest mistake of my life' from the mouth of the man she loves, would engage in the banter she did today..
she needs to think, or let me rephrase it- they need to 'show' her thinking!

episodes r fun (i mean i loved today's episode) but there is a strange restlessness as that unfulfilled something is nagging at me..
cz today was like the premarriage track..it had a deja vu feel but minus that complete abandoned joy it brought back the last time!

cz there was a huge difference where the characters stood. Khushi has been through hell and back b/w these 2 times! she has been forcefully married, she has been cursed, she has been wished to have better been non-existent!
after all this when he shows her the same dreams as he did in the premarriage track i want her to ponder over this! i want her to clearly think and have doubts about his intentions as she should wonder of the 'if' & 'when' he hurts her again what she will do..
i want her to for once think!

cz as i said i felt the exhilaration of the last time and the sweet simple joy to be marred. so if i as a viewer felt it, the girl who obviously lived through that hell should do too right?

and tomorrow also there is no doubt we'll see her satisfying his challenge by being scared and running in to his arms!

honestly right now i would have found a lone khushi scared out of her wits to encounter Shyam who has come back for revenge! and then when she is fighting him off (i don't just mean sexually) Arnav can come and it will take their relationship to a whole different level!
i don't know, but honestly i would like that to unravel over this romance that would belittle her to the little puppet who dances according to the whims of Arnav!

At bold - that's exactly the point. The characters are suppose to evolve as the situations have changed. It's all like a deja vu whereas we were expecting to something new and unique. It's like something is missing or we just skipped a lot of episodes. 

Arnav trying to pacify by recreating the past is nice but I feel the whole thing has been rushed or fast forwarded. 

Khushi is never angry enough, sad enough, depressed enough, hurt enough. 

Edited by incandescent - 19 July 2012 at 6:05pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SunriseGreenAmazingAmySwaNia_2ChaituvOnepoundChicsbk2MrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

I have to agree to that as well. The episode was good but nothing really changed in terms of Khushi's characterization. 

Arhi relationship is not about Romantic scenes. It's about the complexity of their characters and emotions. Gradually Khushi is losing her layers. Very soon Khushi will patch up with Arnav. Nani is already on her side and looks like Akash will also warm up to her soon. Then what?

Shyam will make his comeback and it's going to be Raizada's against Shyam and later Arnav and Anjali's past will be revealed. The way the story has shaped up, I doubt Khushi has any connection with Arnav's past. So other than just being there she won't have much to do. 

I doubt she will leave RM unless they show Anjali creating a situation where she is forced to leave. 

You are totally right in saying that Sanaya is being reduced to the eye candy of the show...just the way Kareena was the female lead of Body guard and Ra.One. 

@ red: You expressed exactly the fears I have for Khushi going forward into the future. The writers and even some actors have been telling us to give them a chance...they are so intent on forcing us to see Anjali's point-of-view because she will most likely start playing a prominent role in the story as their past comes into focus, while the love story is sidelined. 

And if the love story is sidelined, so is Khushi. Because these days, she is defined only as a part of the ArHi jodi. She has no individual identity. I don't see the feisty girl who joined ASR's company or stood up to him in the guest house. She used to have a layered personality but now its become very one-dimensional. 

The writers don't seem to know what to do with her character anymore. Actually, this has been the case since they got married. This story was never meant to be seen through her eyes...they didn't expect SI to make a place for Khushi in our hearts to the point where we would care about her as an individual character and not just the hero's love interest. I doubt they ever thought about Khushi in depth while writing for the show...that's why they seem clueless now.

I think all these things happened because originally Khushi was supposed to be the love interest. They advertised the love track to make the show popular but it became popular beyond their imagination. For they sake of trps they kept focusing on the love track side lining Anjali. 

Since Khushi is supposed to be the love interest only, they didn't think about her characterization and we are seeing the results. 

Edited by incandescent - 19 July 2012 at 2:37pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

swetha_chSunriseGreenSiri22AmazingAmySwaNia_2OnepoundChicsbk2MrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

@ red: You expressed exactly the fears I have for Khushi going forward into the future. The writers and even some actors have been telling us to give them a chance...they are so intent on forcing us to see Anjali's point-of-view because she will most likely start playing a prominent role in the story as their past comes into focus, while the love story is sidelined. 

And if the love story is sidelined, so is Khushi. Because these days, she is defined only as a part of the ArHi jodi. She has no individual identity. I don't see the feisty girl who joined ASR's company or stood up to him in the guest house. She used to have a layered personality but now its become very one-dimensional. 

The writers don't seem to know what to do with her character anymore. Actually, this has been the case since they got married. This story was never meant to be seen through her eyes...they didn't expect SI to make a place for Khushi in our hearts to the point where we would care about her as an individual character and not just the hero's love interest. I doubt they ever thought about Khushi in depth while writing for the show...that's why they seem clueless now.

I think all these things happened because originally Khushi was supposed to be the love interest. They advertised the love track to make the show popular but it became popular beyond their imagination. For they sake of trps they kept focusing on the love track side lining Anjali. 

Since Khushi is supposed to be the love interest only, they didn't think about her characterization and we are seeing the results. 

if this is the case i dont see any future to the show
with one track of overboard anjali trp's fell then how will the past track have any value
people are curious its not that they arent but if the drastic change is not accepted by majority at this stage itself the show may cant be dragged on those lines which they created in the first place
they are forced to construct some depth in khushi's character
i never thought in this perspective
now my fears have increased, its nothing to do with Sanaya Irani, its the character of khushi which is lost in the process of the bro - sis story
how come Sanaya doesnt feel this change when we viewers have already sensed it
how will the anjali track work if Khushi is completely sidelined, but in on of the promo the narrator says that due to khushi arnav's past has shaped the way it has - so may be there is some scope for khushi to get prominence in the later stage

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevAmazingAmySwaNia_2OnepoundChicsbk2incandescentMrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapprincessunara

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Harshitha

if this is the case i dont see any future to the show
with one track of overboard anjali trp's fell then how will the past track have any value
people are curious its not that they arent but if the drastic change is not accepted by majority at this stage itself the show may cant be dragged on those lines which they created in the first place
they are forced to construct some depth in khushi's character
i never thought in this perspective
now my fears have increased, its nothing to do with Sanaya Irani, its the character of khushi which is lost in the process of the bro - sis story
how come Sanaya doesnt feel this change when we viewers have already sensed it
how will the anjali track work if Khushi is completely sidelined, but in on of the promo the narrator says that due to khushi arnav's past has shaped the way it has - so may be there is some scope for khushi to get prominence in the later stage

Those are just my assumptions. But at this point I can't help but feel this way. 
At bold - I just hope your right. 

Edited by incandescent - 19 July 2012 at 11:20pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChicMrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoap

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
@ fari u have a very valid point but that promo which im talking about clearly states that unknowingly khushi is the reason for arnav's past
there is scope for khushi in another aspect  - bauji who is paralyzed his own story & how they got khushi all that is still unknown
so i think from khushi's POV - 2 things for her - a) arnav's past connection & b) how shashi is her father today - they have to show with some prominence otherwise the trp's will drip

u have a really good point there, it kinda fits the situation too
post marriage khushi was just another character its was completely arnav

they cant completely ignore khushi at this stage thats suicidal for them

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

swetha_chAmazingAmySwaNia_2OnepoundChicincandescentMrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapprincessunara

KreyaArshiLover IF-Sizzlerz
KreyaArshiLover
KreyaArshiLover

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
I agree. If the story was about Arnav and Anjali then why was she not importent when Arnav got kidnapped?? Why didn't Anjali save Arnav instead being all clueless??? I don't understand how the story can be about Arnav and Anjali. First showing Khushi in the promtion as the lead. And then the title being Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Nafrat Paas Anne Na De Mohabbat Dur Janne Na De

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

swetha_chAmazingAmyChaituvSwaNia_2OnepoundChicpakpearlOmNaMaSteOmincandescentMrDarcyfan

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Harshita I remember the promo. It will be suicidal for the PH to ignore Khushi for too long. We saw last weeks trps, the moment the focus shifted from Khushi / Arhi  the trp went below 3.

Honestly I don't have much hope from the PH but Ni1234 said that the channel still considers Khushi as the female lead. 

But the PH and the channel has to realize that Arhi isn't just about romantic scenes sooner rather than later. The best scenes from last week was when they hug,ASR carries her to bed and the staircase scene. Those were meaningful scenes which touched our hearts. We need more scenes like that. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122DrwhoAmazingAmySwaNia_2ChaituvOnepoundChicpakpearlMrDarcyfanFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

Go to top