Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Khushi is the most disrespected character on IPK. (Page 38)

Johny.S.Raj IF-Sizzlerz
Johny.S.Raj
Johny.S.Raj

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pashna

I want that bubli lively khushi back..want to see khushi/sanaya smile again onscreenEmbarrassed  All Rona dhona is reserved for pujali and sadly payalConfused  Whoever says sanaya doesn't get prominent role in serials is dumbLOL  I don't think award function organizers will choose sanaya for performance if she was not in demand. She was one of the actress chosen for JDJ and even sandhya didn't get that offer. Sanaya is a complete professional.

Well said Sanaya is another name to Perfection, just love her loads and i too want the bubbly Khushi back

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PashnaDrwhoAmazingAmySwaNia_2pakpearlOmNaMaSteOm

..SaNaYaHoLiC.. Goldie
..SaNaYaHoLiC..
..SaNaYaHoLiC..

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
I feel one of the main reasons y Sanaya doesnt get nominated for awards is because of the inconsistency in her character and the poor writing around it. Because even the blind can tell Sanaya is a impeccable actress. just the passion in her voice, the way she delivers each dialogue is sufficient enough 4 one to know she's a fabulous actress!!

they r not doing her talent any justice. Khushi's character has so much potential. and the way Sanaya portrays Khushi is remarkable. Why cant they just listen 2 the viewers? we hve valuable feedback for them, such talented ppl here to help them out with ideas if they r not creative enough 2 do so themselves, if only they would stop complaining about the viewers and take their advice, Sanaya would actually get what she deserves Disapprove

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevMahi122DrwhoSiri22AmazingAmyswetha_chEtherealSanz..SwaNia_2SanzBarbieChaituvOnepoundChicpakpearlOmNaMaSteOmincandescentprincessunara

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

Priyanka sweetheart Fantastic post Clapand you wrote it straight from you heart So proud of youBig smile and a big muah

Sorry for the delayed response have been laid low with a Delhi Belly so of the IF grid for the last few days Apparently Golguppas and Monsoon while sounding romantic apparently don't go well together my stomach revoltedDead 

I am just plodding through slowly 30 plus pages and again wow and will add my 2 bits also soon
Again mighty proud of you and the way you wrote

Swathi, thank you my dear Hug 

Today's episode was nice so I don't want to bitch about it as everyone is in a good mood. Sadly, when it comes to Khushi and SI, nothing has changed. Today's episode only further reinforced our views. 

Its like they use her as a puppet, eye candy (thanks to her natural beauty, its not like they give her designer outfits or anything), object of the hero's affection or whatever. They know the show would be incomplete without her because Arnav can't romance himself or his sister, it feels like they want to reduce her to just that...his love interest. Never mind the fact that many of us did fall in love with the character of Khushi when the show started. Even if it was not the makers' intention, we did connect with her character individually as well...not just when she was a part of the ArHi equation. 

So they don't understand why we are up in arms demanding justice and respect for Khushi. For them, all that is meaningless because they don't see Khushi as an individual character, the way we do (or used to).

Its just that SI can give so much more to this role! But she can only deliver with whatever crappy material they save for her. Gul made it clear that this show is from the hero's perspective. I'm good with that but why is his sister getting more of an author-backed role than Khushi?? There is no reason to neglect the heroine to this extent. I don't want Sanaya to be a Katrina Kaif...shown in every scene but only as eye candy...because she can actually act as opposed to Ms. Kaif. Although this is an issue almost every female actor in India faces. Kareena can act but look at what she was reduced to in Ra.One and Bodyguard. Its quite sad. I don't know if I'm making sense...once again I have lost my train of thought!

Coming to you...how do you always do it?! Just love your flawless posts. Your delayed response on the previous page was well worth the wait. This is why I always look forward to your thoughts. You NAILED it perfectly as usual...you mentioned a lot of things that were on my mind but I didn't know how to put them down in writing...all I'll say is that I'm lucky to have you on my side!

Edited by AyeReKhushi - 19 July 2012 at 11:47am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevAR-ARHI_nailaswetha_chPashnaSanzBarbieSwaNia_2SaJanLuv14OnepoundChicFairyLiquidSoapsbk2incandescentOmNaMaSteOm

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Now me is really blushingEmbarrassed

I will always be on your side you know that

This is what i also wrote in another post if Gul had plans on a Didi ka sout always then she should not have done the famous 80 test screens before honing in on SI then gave her a fantastic lead role that attracted folks only to snatch it away later and say oops sorry this show was always about a man and a woman the woman being the sisterDead and now you are just the sexual prop to embellish his role as the romantic lover boy Last couple of a days that is exactly what she has been reduced to a bollywood heroine put out for the pleasure of the man and yes it will show in her body language and acting
All of the episodes for the last few days have centred around him only without any thing substantial for her except to act pricey which any vacuous pretty face could have done that job
They could have chosen a less than stellar actor for the second lead turned her grey by making her fall in love with shyam and have the bro marry and reform her and nobody would be complaining or whining and we certainly wont be here making out a post on an injustice meted out to a fine actor
Once again lovely post and i do hope SI reads your eloquent writing

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevhereandhappy-enchanted-swetha_chPashnaAmazingAmyChaituvSwaNia_2sree07OnepoundChicpakpearlsbk2OmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
@ Harshitha: Thanks dear...all I did was state some very obvious injustices that we have all noticed when it comes to Khushi and SI. Its your support that made it awesome!

@ Miyah: Hug I replied to your scrap girl, lets see how long you take to reply this time hehe!

@ Sneha: Its true...most of the time she is awarded for her looks but I feel like she has much more to offer than that! However, I doubt we will ever get to see her full potential. She doesn't seem like the type to manipulate her way to the top. I doubt there will ever come a day when we hear she is unhappy with her role and wants them to give her more scope to perform as an artist. She's better than that!

P.S. Big hug to Sunara, incandescent, ainimonaya, pakpearl, and others who defended Gunjan in the previous pages, so I didn't have to...that character is close to my heart!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DrwhoOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Now me is really blushingEmbarrassed

I will always be on your side you know that

This is what i also wrote in another post if Gul had plans on a Didi ka sout always then she should not have done the famous 80 test screens before honing in on SI then gave her a fantastic lead role that attracted folks only to snatch it away later and say oops sorry this show was always about a man and a woman the woman being the sisterDead and now you are just the sexual prop to embellish his role as the romantic lover boy Last couple of a days that is exactly what she has been reduced to a bollywood heroine put out for the pleasure of the man and yes it will show in her body language and acting
All of the episodes for the last few days have centred around him only without any thing substantial for her except to act pricey which any vacuous pretty face could have done that job
They could have chosen a less than stellar actor for the second lead turned her grey by making her fall in love with shyam and have the bro marry and reform her and nobody would be complaining or whining and we certainly wont be here making out a post on an injustice meted out to a fine actor
Once again lovely post and i do hope SI reads your eloquent writing

Embarrassed Aww that makes me seriously happy! FYI, I don't think anyone could win a war of words against you...you would just own everyone girl!

Once again you conveyed my thoughts...that is exactly what Khushi/SI's role in the story is these days. I think the makers need to realize that to get the old magic of IPK back, they need to bring back the old Khushi. Whether they like it or not, there is a reason why females are the backbone of most shows on television. We NEED to identify with the female to enjoy a show. They can't make her so inconsistent and use her in whichever way convenient for the hero's needs.

IPK was different from other Indian shows as they focused on both the male and female's perspective in the beginning...it was refreshing. But somewhere down the line, it became very one-sided and since then, the show has lost its touch. I believe it will come back only if they bring the old Khushi back. Some people argue her role is still the same as she gets the most screen-time...but its not about that...its the quality that matters, not quantity. As you said, they have a fine actress who can deliver...they seem to have forgotten that as soon as Barun came back. Its quite sad that these so-called professional writers can't find a way to give equal scope to both leads. I wonder what they would do if it was an ensemble cast! They seem incapable of writing for just two characters without sidelining one over the other.

Edited by AyeReKhushi - 19 July 2012 at 12:56pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kashevSwaNia_2SanzBarbieOnepoundChicsbk2OmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

To SWATHI & PRIYANKA gosh amazing replies

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmySaJanLuv14sbk2

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Priyanka sweetheart Fantastic post Clapand you wrote it straight from you heart So proud of youBig smile and a big muah

Sorry for the delayed response have been laid low with a Delhi Belly so of the IF grid for the last few days Apparently Golguppas and Monsoon while sounding romantic apparently don't go well together my stomach revoltedDead 

I am just plodding through slowly 30 plus pages and again wow and will add my 2 bits also soon
Again mighty proud of you and the way you wrote

Swathi, thank you my dear Hug 

Today's episode was nice so I don't want to bitch about it as everyone is in a good mood. Sadly, when it comes to Khushi and SI, nothing has changed. Today's episode only further reinforced our views. 

Its like they use her as a puppet, eye candy (thanks to her natural beauty, its not like they give her designer outfits or anything), object of the hero's affection or whatever. They know the show would be incomplete without her because Arnav can't romance himself or his sister, it feels like they want to reduce her to just that...his love interest. Never mind the fact that many of us did fall in love with the character of Khushi when the show started. Even if it was not the makers' intention, we did connect with her character individually as well...not just when she was a part of the ArHi equation. 

So they don't understand why we are up in arms demanding justice and respect for Khushi. For them, all that is meaningless because they don't see Khushi as an individual character, the way we do (or used to).

Its just that SI can give so much more to this role! But she can only deliver with whatever crappy material they save for her. Gul made it clear that this show is from the hero's perspective. I'm good with that but why is his sister getting more of an author-backed role than Khushi?? There is no reason to neglect the heroine to this extent. I don't want Sanaya to be a Katrina Kaif...shown in every scene but only as eye candy...because she can actually act as opposed to Ms. Kaif. Although this is an issue almost every female actor in India faces. Kareena can act but look at what she was reduced to in Ra.One and Bodyguard. Its quite sad. I don't know if I'm making sense...once again I have lost my train of thought!

Coming to you...how do you always do it?! Just love your flawless posts. Your delayed response on the previous page was well worth the wait. This is why I always look forward to your thoughts. You NAILED it perfectly as usual...you mentioned a lot of things that were on my mind but I didn't know how to put them down in writing...all I'll say is that I'm lucky to have you on my side!

I have to agree to that as well. The episode was good but nothing really changed in terms of Khushi's characterization. 

Arhi relationship is not about Romantic scenes. It's about the complexity of their characters and emotions. Gradually Khushi is losing her layers. Very soon Khushi will patch up with Arnav. Nani is already on her side and looks like Akash will also warm up to her soon. Then what?

Shyam will make his comeback and it's going to be Raizada's against Shyam and later Arnav and Anjali's past will be revealed. The way the story has shaped up, I doubt Khushi has any connection with Arnav's past. So other than just being there she won't have much to do. 

I doubt she will leave RM unless they show Anjali creating a situation where she is forced to leave. 

You are totally right in saying that Sanaya is being reduced to the eye candy of the show...just the way Kareena was the female lead of Body guard and Ra.One. 

Edited by incandescent - 19 July 2012 at 1:17pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Erika1AmazingAmySunriseGreenswetha_chSwaNia_2Chaituvsree07OnepoundChicsbk2OmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

Go to top