Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 8)

Axiom Goldie
Axiom
Axiom

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by archverma10

Shyamala, I havent watched the episode but I agree with you, Jyothi, and most of us here.  I do totally miss the Boss Man...and think Rithvik would look great in a V-neck T under a good sharp blazer (the proof is in the pictures of the Gold Awards when they are on the "Gold Carpet") Wink
Ive said it before and I will say it again...most women like a powerful, strong man--and I am no exception. No one likes a soft timid sissy.  This "soft" Arjun is a little tough to take...especially considering his real-life counterpart seems to be anything but! From what I have seen, RD himself is a pretty outgoing, confident, charismatic fellow...and I would say pretty much dominates most of the offscreen segments/interviews of him and Asha about 90% of the time.  Its plain to see she pretty much totally defers to him and is the more softspoken one.  Call me old-fashioned, but I have to admit..this may be why we find these 2 actors and their jodi so appealing...their on and offscreen chemistry..plus their very visible willingness to comfortably be in sync in this manner.  If Asha suddenly started taking over the mic in every interview and doing most of the talking, and Rithvik just sat there, smiled, nodded, said yes...and gave a couple of soft spoken comments...I dont think any of us would even want to see another SBS/SBB segment- we certainly would not be complaining and start demanding for a new segment if a few days pass without these two. 

The point I am trying to make is that it is too much of a character change for Arjun...and whats worse is that it is also a 180 degree change against the actor's own real life persona.

Instead of being a powerful, confident businessman..he goes to being a mechanic who is apologetic, soft, and falling all over everyone.  Its like the CVs are telling us powerful strong men cannot also be nice and have a sense of compassion/decency-----nice guys have to be poor, submissive, and apologetic.  Thats tough to take: but I am hoping that if this upcoming Purvi kidnapping track is true, it will give an opportunity for our lion to wake up from his sleep, get his strength and power back, and in the mean time we get to see him beat up some goons while we're at it!!!!!  

Loved your post Arch Thumbs Up Especially the bits in bold Big smile

Arjun, aka Mechanic Man, has never been my favorite superhero. For one thing, that overall is not attractive - its looks like a blue over-sized shopping bag on him. Ermm

I do very much like the V-neck tee shirts under the blazers - those suited him best (in my opinion). Day Dreaming 

The pendulum has swung to the other end of the spectrum and as much as I like him all lovey dovey with Purvi I want to see some of that passion that attracted ME in the first place. (after all, it's all about the viewer isn't it?) LOL 

If this 'kidnapping Purvi' track is true then I'd like to see him use his 'Arjun Kirloskar' cold, calculating mind to get her back!

Can't wait for our little lion man to emerge !!! 

RRRAAAWWWRRR!!!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

archverma10abhimgvgiriFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

Axiom Goldie
Axiom
Axiom

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Shyamala Aunty,

Your first post on this thread reinforces all my beliefs in ARVI lovin' and the power of true love. I wish I could give you a real hug but this will have to do for now Hug

As far as your other posts, I just love your wicked sense of humor! You are one sassy lady LOL

This apart, my real grouse is that this naya Arjun is far too ready to 'sir' everyone in sight, call the Inspector 'saheb' and to apologise to all and sundry for everything and nothing, as he did at the hospital after that all too brief reversion to Arjun Kirloskar. The change is too drastic to be convincing. The saying goes that a lion might be starving, but it will never eat grass even to  survive. Not for our AK, it seems, for  he is not only eating grass, but is beginning to actually like it. Whoever heard of a vegetarian lion? 

The 'yes sirs' are getting to me too. Completely agree with the bits in blue!

Arjun is maturing in one way and retracting the next. Has he forgotten all his 'worldly business sense'? They should have shown HIM coming up with a viable plan to save Farooq's garage instead of going to his dad for help.  Confused

Take the business man and make him a mechanic - ok - but don't take the business man OUT of the mechanic. I really hope this mechanic thing doesn't last for very much longer - it does nothing for me.

All this grumbling apart, today's little bus stop rendezvous (that is what it was, a pre-determined time for them to meet there, which is why he says sorry for being so late) was very charming. I loved the way in which Arjun  bends down and peers naughtily up at Purvi's face as she is reciting the mantras before giving him the prasad

I also loved the light in her eyes as she says "Mujhe bhi!"  and the  admiring, almost worshipful  expression with which she drinks in his tale of 'How Arjun saved Farooq's garage". It might just as well have been a war he had won all on his own if you went only by what her eyes said. If one were to stretch a point and with apologies to Shakespeare, thus might Desdemona have listened to Othello's tales of his deeds of valour. 

Yay for secret rendezvous!!! His proud little puffed up chest and her enraptured gaze was just the amuse-bouche I needed for today. Big smile

To be honest, I don't really recall much of the other goings on after that scene ROFL

Laurie Big smile

Edited by Axiom - 19 July 2012 at 6:22pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

archverma10abhimgjdronamrajuAshlaikaFireLordPhoenixsashashyampeachesnplums

archverma10 Senior Member
archverma10
archverma10

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashlaika

Hi Archana, (may i call you that?) - I'm Ashlaika - Ash for short.

Completely loved ur post and like Jyoti... i hope those last few lines go from ur mind to the CVs ears!!! One can only hope!!!
Hi Ash...of course u may dear!!!Smile As I said one can always hope!!!! CVs can u hear me????

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuAxiomAshlaikasashashyam

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Loved your post, Shyamala!  A flow of sheer, undulating poetry, I allowed the context to get lost as I indulged myself in the unleashing of warm words and magical conjurations!!  Thanks for the delicious treat, I have become a glutton for your beautiful writing!   
Loved Arjun and Purvi, my damaad has indeed undergone a total transformation, he is a cutie!  And as for my ladli, what can I say?  She becomes more pyaari by the minute!! Big smile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgarchverma10AxiomjdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Janhvi,

How lovely to have you back, my dear!! I hope you had a very nice time in India, but now you had better get back on the PR treadmill.

I am sure you loved my latest, after all, there are such nice things in it about your ladli! And Arjun too, of course, how could you overlook your damaad?

I can tell you what you would enjoy as much, if not even more. Last week, I wrote as many as 4 posts (poor forumites!) on July 9,10,11 and 12: called A Contrary take on Purvi; Purvi & DK: Honours Even; Pot Pourri and finally Purvi's Progress. Do make time for them, for obvious reasons!

Your girl has progressed from the caterpillar stage directly to the butterfly stage, sidestepping the chrysalis, and nowadays, she is a delight to watch. Both for her performances, as also for the 2 new outfits she has landed this week, in very refreshing colours, I must say!

Shyamala

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Loved your post, Shyamala!  A flow of sheer, undulating poetry, I allowed the context to get lost as I indulged myself in the unleashing of warm words and magical conjurations!!  Thanks for the delicious treat, I have become a glutton for your beautiful writing!   
Loved Arjun and Purvi, my damaad has indeed undergone a total transformation, he is a cutie!  And as for my ladli, what can I say?  She becomes more pyaari by the minute!! Big smile

abhimgjdronamrajuAxiompurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasoapwatcher1

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Welcome back, Jahnvi !! I am sure you had a great time back home...

This is one of those times, even for a unchanging soap world, where you would enjoy catching up on the last few episodes if you havent already done so.. It is pure ARVI bliss !! And ofcourse, dont miss reading Shayamala's posts..she has surpassed herself in the last couple of weeks.

In your absense, you ladli made you proud ...Smile... She has opened herself up to their love,openly acknowledging and expressing it. It gladdens all of our hearts to see Arjun so happy with this. She is openly standing by him, despite her aai's dikhat, a silent protest, mind you..no confrontation yet.. This is what we have been craving for a long time..

Your ladli has also become our ladli, well, almost Wink..Arjun still tops our list...Big smile.
Now, as Shyamala, has once said, the PAP and the APP are working in tandem...

Again, welcome back to the mad world of PR..

abhimgAxiompurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasoapwatcher1sashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Ash,
Since you mentioned that meal scene yesterday, I had to go back and see it again last night (actually..several times ..sometimes in freeze mode also Tongue..) and now that stupid song is stuck in my head...cant get it out..finding myself humming it today at work...that awful eyeliner one !! ( made beautiful though by ARVI...Smile)..

Edited by jdronamraju - 20 July 2012 at 7:17am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

*Resham* IF-Stunnerz
*Resham*
*Resham*

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poas

Originally posted by jdronamraju

Jai,
Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am not a PR-1 person, hardly followed the story then, other than an occasional episode, have been watching PR only after ARVI. so, if I am off track about Armaan, please bear with me.

as new PR fan dont know about the golden days OF PR and dont know about arman[sushita] story its obvious they never accept how CV copy same scene of arman and pasting it.about archana who always bashed for being strict about arjun-purvi relation she also faced same situation in her young age, even though arman r separated for sometimes they never fail to support each other even they struggled much more than arvi, they also pass their hard time with their love and ppl attracted and TRP touched the sky.we arman[sushita] fan never b frustrated about them  bc now in PR they r not together but we surprised to see how their scene r copied by CVShockedLOLarchana-manav jodi was symbol of pure love and they got many awards for it.they got award with their own identical scene not copied from others.so we r proud of it.as new manav and archana r not so famous as couple so ekta not thinking to show their romnce[we fan also not interestedLOLLOL]but before ekta always show their romance in their unique way and got highest TRP   even during IPL and KBC time.bc more ppl liked to watch arman romance.though copy scene getting good TRP so CV will continue itLOLLOLas real scene r so hit and popular of course copy also thorasa hit tho hogaLOLLOL
i want to add another thing when arvi fan see tera shirt ka button... song also using for another couple then all start to say arvi is best in this song none can do like arvi, so same thing happend to us that we also think what is done by arman we think they best ,nobody can match it.arvi in office track was good,its their own style.

dont bring comparisons in any of your posts, pls keep it different and discuss accordingly, there r fans other way round as well of Arjun Purvi, U r violating Rule # 2

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123jdronamrajuAshlaikaDabulls23

Go to top