Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 6)

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:02am | IP Logged
hhahahahahaha... don't worry Jyoti... he wont be perfect, Far from it... he will just be my kind (well... our kind) of perfect!

I had actually liked the arrogance... i like the whole alpha thing that he had going on. but i thought it was just me. Glad to now know i have company.

AND... hopefully when he is out of the mechanic shop we can see along with the lovey scenes... some playful, teasing ArVi scenes. Hell... can they fight again, even if its play fight :D ... just for old times sake!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SoapgirlabhimgjdronamrajuFireLordPhoenixsashashyam

abhimg Senior Member
abhimg
abhimg

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Jyothi and Ashlaika,
No, i certainly wld not want AK's MBA to go waste! Like you both me too want the stud AK back! And they have to give us our old AK plus the new changes in him of compassion, kindness, and definitely the loving/expressing side of him added on...want the pohe with chilli flakes eating AK back, with that fire power! If Manav can become such a powerful businessman and rise, then definitely AK, who came from that background, go back to that background- crack business deals and ofcourse, have his Ms. Purvi- be not only his business partner but also his life partner by then...Day DreamingApproveBig smile

jdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
We are just plain ole crazy bunch of gals !!  Big smileLOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAshlaikaFireLordPhoenix

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
My dear Jyoti,

I do not know about the Boss from Hell, which is what Arjun  was in the beginning, but what I do NOT like is the awful checked shirts this naya Arjun wears. He looks as bad as Rithwik did in the Sprite ads. He was really at home only in his 3 piece suits or, at a pinch, the V neck tee shirts under a slickly fitted jacket. Which was why I never believed (not knowing what all the CVs could think up) that he could ever by plonked down in a chawl or made to stand in a line for water. Alas for my naivete!

Now, my complaint against this naya Arjun, whom both our young people profess to like so much, is not just that he seems to have been affected by a terminal case of  do-gooderism, and is beginning to sound like a Salvation Army recruit, the way he carries on and on about the plight of the poor and the marginal workers. It is exactly like watching the early Raj Kapoor films: Jaagte Raho, Shri, 420, Awaara. And he believes in what he says, and rejoices in the fact that the cause for the mithai being distributed at the garage today was him, the naya Arjun.

What he forgets to mention, and perhaps does not even realise,  in the process of exulting over his own goodness, is that it was not he and his empathy and good will, but DK's big bucks that saved the garage. It is important for Arjun to  understand this basic fact,  What could he  have done to save Farooq from foreclosure on his Rs. 8000 pm? Nothing. The power of money to do good is immense and this should be neither forgotten nor slurred over. So, if Arjun  wants to continue to feel good about playing Santa Claus, and not just one of the reindeer pulling Santa's sledge, he has first to get back to MAKING big money. Which means a big business, not working in, or even running a garage.

This apart, my real grouse is that this naya Arjun is far too ready to 'sir' everyone in sight, call the Inspector 'saheb' and to apologise to all and sundry for everything and nothing, as he did at the hospital after that all too brief reversion to Arjun Kirloskar. The change is too drastic to be convincing. The saying goes that a lion might be starving, but it will never eat grass even to  survive. Not for our AK, it seems, for  he is not only eating grass, but is beginning to actually like it. Whoever heard of a vegetarian lion?

I agree that Arjun stoops to chawl life for the sake of a greater maqsad,  and also, as naava noted, that this brush with the harsh realities of life will make him a wiser, more compassionate and altogether better young man. But he should not, in this process, completely lose touch with his old persona, for then he will become and remain a garage hand inside and out, which would be pathetic and a total waste.

Right now, with his endless litany about his empathy for the little man, he is already beginning to sound repetitive and a tad tiresome. And if Purvi goes on looking at him with worshipful eyes, as she does at the bus stop today, and joins him in singing the praises of the naya Arjun, God knows what it will take to get him back on the rails. Not to revert to arrogance, that is gone for good, and a good thing too. But to become once more a man born to command, who can yet use his money and his brains, at least in part, for the greater good of the many and not just to enrich the few, including himself.

Perhaps it could be this kidnapping that everyone is talking about. Rescuing whoever is kidnapped will take a masterful personality, and all the sharpness and resourcefulness of  Arjun Kirloskar. Maybe that will bring back to him the joys of being in command once more.

All this grumbling apart, today's little bus stop rendezvous (that is what it was, a pre-determined time for them to meet there, which is why he says sorry for being so late) was very charming. I loved the way in which Arjun  bends down and peers naughtily up at Purvi's face as she is reciting the mantras before giving him the prasad.

I also loved the light in her eyes as she says "Mujhe bhi!"  and the  admiring, almost worshipful  expression with which she drinks in his tale of 'How Arjun saved Farooq's garage". It might just as well have been a war he had won all on his own if you went only by what her eyes said. If one were to stretch a point and with apologies to Shakespeare, thus might Desdemona have listened to Othello's tales of his deeds of valour.

Lastly, I was delighted with the tabela scene of  Yadav the gang leader whipping his subordinates into line. They are no pushovers, these disgruntled footsoldiers, for they complain openly, and mostly about the special treatment given to  Vishnu. If their detestation of the boss' favourite, Vishnu, and their reluctance to obey his orders during the 'get Manav' operation that is in the works, are any indication ,Vishnu is in for a hard time. With such 'support' staff, he will have to watch his back a good bit of the time, and also make sure that there is nothing on the ground to trip him up. They will work hard to make him fail, and thus pull him down from his pedestal. It is going to be fun to watch.

Shyamala

Originally posted by jdronamraju

By today's episode, it looks like we lost our Arjun Kirloskar for good !! Mr. AK is liking his "new Arjun" avataar too much Smile...

I miss our arrogant, know-it-all, strong, silent, guy with an attitude Arjun Kirloskar !! This new Arjun is endearing too..but still not the same guy we all fell in love with ...:(. I was so hoping the original AK would be back...hmm...doesnt look like it..even if he does, it will be a waterdowned version of AK :(...

It does look like "Aai ki dikhat gayi bhaad mein"...Purvi is meeting Arjun wherever and whenever..You go, GAL !!  Big smile...

I dont have much to say for the rest of the episode..same old..just the players change...it is now the daughters turn to shriek at Ms. Archana Aunty...She still thinks Manav will understand her and support her with the truth.. Which world does she live in..She "understands" why manav was rude to her before Ovi...Really...Anyway, whom am I to say about true love ..Big smile...Liked how Sulochana told her about expecting from Manav...all in all ..prelude to another boring, unrealistic track of Varsha and her gang...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vgiriarchverma10abhimgAxiomjdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Dear Vilasini,

Thanks, and you are most welcome to all my 'wonderful thoughts' about Arjun-Purvi! Well, as for Laurie, she is creative, whereas I am analytical, but sometimes we end up in the same space, it is true.

I have always maintained that Rithwik has a very mobile face, and now I see that he also has that other rare gift, imagination. It is this that lets him go  beyond the script and breathe life and colour into what would otherwise have been a routine and oft-viewed scene, like the  meal on the durree  one yesterday. I hope he continues to get the opportunity to showcase these talents in the rest of PR as also in his future work. Of course he should end up in films, but for that one needs a lot of luck.

Shyamala

Originally posted by vgiri

Oh my my my...Shyamala..wonderful..thought Laurie is the ARVI romance guru, now you have surpassed that..
Isn't RD an amazing actor.. dont know how he is able to act so well at  such an young age. Asha has also done so well..
 "he knows what is coming."  so true.. I rewound and saw that part again.. the expression was like.. oh my God he is goign to ask me about 10k.. I just managed my Purvi and how am i to hide my fear from my dad. enacted so well.

Originally posted by sashashyam

his continental style, quirking his brows at her to coax her out of her fleeting depression and make her laugh. It is a gesture more caring and tender than a close embrace, and it works.

Her mock anger when he pretends to feed her and then, in the last minute, pops the morsel into his own mouth. The gentle affection with which he watches her through the wooden lattice as she squats on the floor and washes up the vessels.

Arjun-DK: The other scene that warms the cockles of one's heart is the one between Arjun and DK, when Arjun goes home to seek his father's help to save Farooq's garage from being shut down,  as he cannot raise the funds needed for the renewal of the lease on the property. The tone is set from the first frame: DK rushes down the stairs with a speed that is as unprecedented as it is totally at odds with his restrained persona. Nothing could have better revealed the depth of his (unstated) anxiety about his son's well being, and his fear that something might be wrong with him.  

As he is leaving, DK calls out his name and approaches him. Arjun does not turn to face his father, and his face reflects reluctance and hesitation, for he knows what is coming. When DK asks whether the Rs.10000/- is yet to be made up, the emotions that struggle with each other as they flit across Arjun's face belong to a master class in emoting. There is an instant of apprehension, followed by hesitation, and then a forced display of confidence that wrings one's heart. 'I will do it', Arjun asserts, half to himself, as his father replies with a reassuring 'You will!".

As he pats his departing son's shoulder, one can feel that DK wants, more than anything else in the world, to hold Arjun back in the safety and comfort of home, and never to let him go. But he permits nothing of this to appear on his face or in his words, for it would burden his son even more. In doing so, he teaches one what  it really is to love a child with both one's heart and one's mind ' to let the child go free to follow his own star, but always be there to hold his hand when he seeks it.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vgiriabhimgjdronamrajuAxiomAshlaikaFireLordPhoenixpeachesnplums

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
My dear Abhi,

I am delighted that you liked my latest post so much. Those two scenes were superb, and the little bus stop interlude today was very charming too, if not quite in the same league as yesterday's.

Shyamala

Originally posted by abhimg

[

Yet PR today was made luminous by the reflected glow of love in its varying shades: the enchantment of romantic love, and the warmth of  the affection between a father and his son.

Arjun-Purvi:The first, of course, was  from one of the most endearing love scenes between Arjun and Purvi seen so far. A scene that was not passionate, not despairing, not even marked by the high romantic, and yet so spangled with fairy dust that it transformed Arjun's bare, dingy little room and lit it with the luminosity of a thousand candles. When one watches the two of them in such a scene, so effortlessly natural and so imbued with a sense of belonging together, and this without coquetry or nakhras on her side, and without any overt displays of affection on his, one realizes how very special these young people are. Their craft is, individually, of a high order, but they do not compete with each other in an attempt to steal the scene. Rather, they instinctively enhance each other's performance, and their obvious charisma is both unselfconscious and overlaid with an unaffected normalcy. It is indeed a rare treat to see them in peak form, as they were today.

Purvi is in the same, blessedly new, blue grey outfit she wore when she was bandaging Arjun's hurt arm. She has, by now, obviously and completely shed her earlier inhibitions about meeting him and going against her aai's dictates. She is counting his savings in the biscuit jar with the mismatched lid, and she asks him: Is this all that you have been able to save? He explains that these are all the tips he was given, ranging from Rs.50/- to Rs.5/-, and even this munificent one -  and here he holds up a one or two rupee coin,  with the most comical twist of his mouth and his eyebrows. He is getting to be a regular mime artist, is our Arjun!

Purvi smiles in tune with his self-mocking mood, but her brow furrows in anxiety, which she voices at once: Janmashtami is so near, with her mother's deadline, and where will they get the rest of the money from? Arjun assures her that they will, whether he has to do overtime or whatever. He clasps both her hands in his and kisses them alternately in his continental style, quirking his brows at her to coax her out of her fleeting depression and make her laugh. It is a gesture more caring and tender than a close embrace, and it works. Purvi perks up, and remembers the food she has brought for him, which he insists that he needs AT ONCE, as he is dying of hunger and has to get to work.

One has seen this scene of lovebirds eating together and feeding each other ever so often. But one has only to watch Arjun and Purvi in action, sitting on that durree, to  realize  that even such a hoary old chestnut of  a stock scene can be freshened up so sharply that it seems new minted. The eagerness in her eyes as she asks him how it (the food) is, and the delight that lights them up when he indicates that it is perfect. Her mock anger when he pretends to feed her and then, in the last minute, pops the morsel into his own mouth. The gentle affection with which he watches her through the wooden lattice as she squats on the floor and washes up the vessels. The very curious expression on his face as he reaches the end of the lattice and stands there, looking down at her. Is it gratitude for the love and care she lavishes on him? Is it regret that she has to do all this? Is it unstated and quiet joy at her just being there with him? One does not know. All that one knows is that his look speaks volumes, and how does it matter if we do not understand its language?

Then a delightful little vignette,  as she hands him the clean plate, and then calls him back again and again, with mock contrition at doing so, and piles yet another  vessel on to  it. With each addition, his expression changes ever so slightly, though it is as inscrutable as ever. Finally, as she finishes, he pretends to be bending under the load. It is so charming and so totally a domestic  interlude, that as it ends, one has to remind oneself that this is not a newly married couple, but just our Arjun and Purvi playing at keeping (a very frugal) house.

Arjun-DK: The other scene that warms the cockles of one's heart is the one between Arjun and DK, when Arjun goes home to seek his father's help to save Farooq's garage from being shut down,  as he cannot raise the funds needed for the renewal of the lease on the property. The tone is set from the first frame: DK rushes down the stairs with a speed that is as unprecedented as it is totally at odds with his restrained persona. Nothing could have better revealed the depth of his (unstated) anxiety about his son's well being, and his fear that something might be wrong with him.  

Arjun makes out the case for DK to help Farooq, and recounts the warmth and simple goodness of these people whom he has got to know "thanks to Archanaji" -  from Farooq to his employees -  who now constitute his 'family', a family that he does not want to see broken up. As he does so, his face is a study in shifting emotions, and the candour and sincerity he projects are intensely moving. DK watches his son, now so wrapped up in the woes of others, with an unwavering gaze that is both empathetic and almost incredulous. His response to the plea from this newly minted son, one of unquestioning, total and instant support, says as much about DK himself as about Arjun as he is now. DK does not say it out loud, but he must be inwardly rejoicing with Aashana about Arjun having turned out to be her son after all.

As he comes to the end of his mission, Arjun looks around the warmly lit and quietly opulent room. What is it that he feels? Is it a slight and entirely understandable reluctance to leave all this comfort and return to  his spartan existence in the chawl? We will never know, but even if it was, he shakes it off in an instant and is up on his feet.

As he is leaving, DK calls out his name and approaches him. Arjun does not turn to face his father, and his face reflects reluctance and hesitation, for he knows what is coming. When DK asks whether the Rs.10000/- is yet to be made up, the emotions that struggle with each other as they flit across Arjun's face belong to a master class in emoting. There is an instant of apprehension, followed by hesitation, and then a forced display of confidence that wrings one's heart. 'I will do it', Arjun asserts, half to himself, as his father replies with a reassuring 'You will!".

As he pats his departing son's shoulder, one can feel that DK wants, more than anything else in the world, to hold Arjun back in the safety and comfort of home, and never to let him go. But he permits nothing of this to appear on his face or in his words, for it would burden his son even more. In doing so, he teaches one what  it really is to love a child with both one's heart and one's mind ' to let the child go free to follow his own star, but always be there to hold his hand when he seeks it.

It is these interludes, lit up by the glow of love in its varying shades, that lift PR above the usual rut of TV serials. Without them, it would soon be unendurable. Let us hope that we continue to be fed such dollops of ambrosia every now and then, so that we can survive the rest.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Thnx Shyamala, Clap really nice treat to read ur update, bolded and blue parts loved loved loved.
I thought when Arjun was bowing down it was not more from the pretend weight of the utensils, but more of anything else, aur kuch hukum mere aka, anything else to take or can i put these utensils away now...i felt it was like that...

Very well captured nuances Shyamala especially on the DK scene as well and the description how he runs down the stairs...so beautifully you capture each and every detail and the beauty of your words, really impress...especially about children following their own star...but always being there when the child wants to hold his hand...Embarrassed how beautiful...

Yes, thnx to the CVs for showing us our ARVI and the profound DK Arjun scenes...
[/QUOTE]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiom

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Shyamala,
I think the original intent was to make him more "wiser, more compassionate and altogether better young man" and more humane, but in all this, they seem to have gone overboard..

As long as you have Purvi looking at him worshippingly as though he has conquered the world, why wouldnt Arjun exult in his deeds ...Big smile...It  probably is good for his ego, he needs that balm after the jhatka the sasuma gave him, questioning his self worth so badly. Let the boy enjoy it for a while. I think he didnt mean to take the credit away from DK, he does tell her that his dad paid for it, he just meant that because of him, a good deed was done and that made him happy. He did approach the right person to get it done.
Anyway, all this buildup of him realizing the charm of a poor man's life, mehanth ki kamayi etc...is so that Arjun can fervently thank his Archana Aunty later...so that she can get back to her Mahaan role again. Smile.

I think the original "Can do it all " Arjun is still in him. If he gets out of the chawl environment, he will be fine. Atleast back to the better part of the old self with this new realization of himself.
You cannot take out the leader in him, can slum for a while, but not for good. He will be back, and be a better man at that. A little arrogance never harmed anyone, I think.
Yes, it was a charming rendezous..Now a days, everything they do together is cute, heartwarming and just makes us go into raptures and is very endearing. That has become the magic of this young couple.

As far as the rest of the gang story, until Purvi is kidnapped (atleast, that is the latest news), we can sit back, stress-free, and enjoy the happenings as if it was a movie. No emotional involvement on my side.. It is just like any other soap for me now. Ofcourse, until our next quota of stress (for ARVI), starts again...

Edited by jdronamraju - 19 July 2012 at 12:18pm

abhimgAxiomFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Miss Shyamala,

Like u and many others, I do hope for Arjun to get out of the chawl and out of the mechanic jumpsuit. I liked the go getter Arjun. I really do hope we get to see assertive Arjun again. But he can be assertive with the compassionate side too.

Considering he is struggling to earn Rs. 10,000,  I really hope that means that he will get out of the garage and get a better job and or start his own business or something and take Purvi along with him. Struggling and unsure of whether he can earn 10,000  should make him appreciate money more and know its value in today's world (unfortunate but true).

As for today... My god, a small scene but sooo sweet  and as usual, I truly look forward and enjoy ur analysis day in - day out. And today was no different.  Your words which i quote below were SOO SOO  true!!! AND... the latter of the 2 paragraphs made me laughed so much and so loud, the staff checked in to see if I was ok! Blushing LOL. I quietly picked up my phone and said "funny text joke"  and bowed my head and laughed again. Heck... I'm still smiling as I type now.

"All this grumbling apart, today's little bus stop rendezvous (that is what it was, a pre-determined time for them to meet there, which is why he says sorry for being so late) was very charming. I loved the way in which Arjun  bends down and peers naughtily up at Purvi's face as she is reciting the mantras before giving him the prasad.

I also loved the light in her eyes as she says "
Mujhe bhi!"  and the  admiring, almost worshipful  expression with which she drinks in his tale of 'How Arjun saved Farooq's garage". It might just as well have been a war he had won all on his own if you went only by what her eyes said."

A little ArVi a day, keeps all the negativity away !!! Do i dare add for now?

Edited by Ashlaika - 19 July 2012 at 12:36pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

alisa21abhimgAxiomjdronamrajuFireLordPhoenixsashashyam

Go to top