Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 3)

Azaad_Panchi IF-Rockerz
Azaad_Panchi
Azaad_Panchi

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
thank u shyamala ji...i really like to read your posts...i really like the way use apt words and expresions...its always a treat to read your analysis...

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Jai,
Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am not a PR-1 person, hardly followed the story then, other than an occasional episode, have been watching PR only after ARVI. so, if I am off track about Armaan, please bear with me.
I do understand the frustration of all Armaan fans about how the track of the main characters are going. I can see it all over the forum. I am not going to go into copying the mechanic story and so on..
The reason I said that there seem to be diff. CV's for both is the way the characters are being dealt with.
In the case of ARVI, they show both Arjun and Purvi being strong, persistent, able to handle hassles coming at them in their own way, they communicate with each other their thoughts and feelings. Look at how they had Arjun pursue Purvi, convince and cajole her of their love. Now, recently, after Purvi has given in, they show their understanding of each other, ready to face all, they are open with each other about how they feel, their fears about Archana's willingness..Yes, there was a glitch in their relationship, due to Arjun's inability to be open with Ovi and Purvi was rightful about not having to do anything with him. But, they overcame that. They are a young couple in love, making their own mistakes and overcoming their hurdles in their own way. They are portrayed as such in a positive way inspite of all mistakes.

But, on the other hand, the CV's do not portray Archana and Manav as how they should be. More so, in the case of Archana. They still show her with the same mind set of what she was 18+ years ago. In no way, are they showing them having the maturity of what a 50+ yr old adult should be. They dont communicate with each other half the time, if they do, it is in half sentences like ARchana did the other day. The CV's of this track seem to be stuck in the same mindset as what it was so many years ago. Archana is still unable to talk before Savita's ranting, still puts up with her nonsense talk. Why dont they show her as a strong woman who survived despite losing her husband and kids. why dont they let her stand up for herself. other than an occasional show of strength, which still is shown with her crying throughout..we dont see the same characterization as they show for the younger generation. Soemtimes, I feel that they are confused as to how to portray Archana. When she is dealing with ARVi, or outsiders even, she is shown as an assertive, dominant even, and strong, ready to deal with it all. Once she goes back to that D-house, that is it. She is always shown helplessly crying most of the time. Well, Manav, the less said the better. Why do they show him as a 50+ successful businessman who cannot even stop his mother from insulting a guest who comes to his house. It is frustrating watching all this.
And I am not ARMAAN bashing, mind you, in anyway. I know that i am not aware of all the history in its details, but these are my observations on what I and quite a few of us see today.
For me, there is a huge disparity in how these two sets of characters are dealt with. I dont mean the details of the story, more so the characters itself.
Ok, I will stop now...:)..I probably haven't convinced you or got any closer, but just wanted to put forth what i think.

Jyothi

Hi Jyothi,

Nice to interact with you dear..Jyothi to keep it simple the current Arman and the Arman before are complete turn around ,they have nothing in common and are totally different. The reason we Arman fans feel so frustrated is coz of this factor. With Sush quitting and leap taking place and the way ,reason it took place (Soham's separation) has left a sour taste among all PR/Arman fans.
The current Arman is way different than the older ones. To put a analogous view , say for eg in Arvi suppose RD quit the show and Asha continued ,a new actor comes in place of RD for Arjun and now coz its a new person they change the characterization of Arjun meaning you see a all together a different Arvi which is exactly what is the current Arman. (Just came a analogous perspective of the situation through Arvi ,no offence here re ).
Hiten is doing a wonderful job as Manav but due to change in characterization of Manav by CV's its not the same any more and also due to the sour taste of the 18 year leap,Manav's character has changed here. Hence current Arman's story is a drag.
Coming to the old young Arman,as Poppy dear (Poas) pointed out we were enjoying the same hot romance with young Arman @ that time. The reason the TRP's were so high was the sizzling hot chemistry and the romance of Arman/Sushita on and off screen. Hell they were so broke they were chucked out in road but stayed and supported each other so so much.The reason PR was popular was the Arman love story,the way they supported each other. Hence many Arman fans feel offended as many scenes given to Arvi have been already done by Arman before which was a super hit.Arman went through so much hell so much trouble and still they managed to help others and still they supported n helped each other out.Their love was so pure and thats the very reason all were hooked up to PR inspite of crappy storylines just like now Arvi fans are hooked for Arvi. 
WE too had so many film songs shoot for them  Ekta promoted her film song "Dheere Dheere " Tushar kapoor film through them like she did with Arvi recently. Manav was totally different personality those times ,heck even if anyone dared to see Archu he would break their bones and he did so many times as well. I can go on and on ...Jyothi to understand the histroy of Arman you would need to see the storyline and scenes to understand better LOL...sorry for the long post...

The sample scenes below reflects What I said:
 A simple one:

And this one : When Archu was pregnant

Sorry again for the long post n glad to interact with you re..

Edited by Jaishankar - 19 July 2012 at 12:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenix

purethought IF-Dazzler
purethought
purethought

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Dear Shyamala ji,

Your posts are really excellent. In some of your previous posts, you have added an intellectual dimension to even those unintelligible scenes (which included screaming, screeching, obnoxious plotting, some characters not speaking up when they should)  which were just dished out to us in a hurry, or perhaps made just to create unnecessary drama in the name of experimentation or a close cousin maybe.  

Love your use of words like "fairy dust" and other words sprinkled across this particular passage you have written in honor of some of the lovely scenes, we were lucky to see in PR yesterday. I had a smile on my face when I was watching the ARVI scene yesterday ... when I saw Arjun-DK, then too I smiled. But later on .. not as muchErmm.  I generally enjoy other characters too in PR (when they support each other and are kind to one another), but did not yesterday, because I sensed no compassion/understanding in Ovi or Savita and to some extent in Tej or Manav for Archana or Purvi or Arjun.

Trish

Edited by purethought - 19 July 2012 at 12:38am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAshlaikaFireLordPhoenixsashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Dear IFVJ,

But that is precisely the point! You have hit the nail on the head: they are, I am convinced, NOT the same team at all.

I firmly believe, and have said so often here in the forum, that the Arjun-Purvi track is written by a young, fresh and peppy team that understands what young love is like in 2012. They key word here is your 'normal'. They are so appealing because they seem so real.

The rest is written by another,  more stodgy and totally standard issue TV soap CVs. Sometimes the second lot prevails over the first even for the Arjun-Purvi track, which is why we had those weeks of a wimpish, very unconvincing Arjun and a screechy,  sanctimonious Purvi, who made matters even worse. Don't you feel that this is at least a likely explanation for  the very valid question you have posed?

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by IFVJ

It is hard to believe that same writers on one hand write Arjun/Purvi/DK scenes  that are so normal, enduring with showing silent support to each other, and then go and write Archana/Ovi/Savita/Manav's loud, hysterical  mistrusting at drop of a hat  scenes ..

Such a big contrast

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Dear Ashlaika,

Thank you for such a nice and appreciative message. It makes me feel good.

As  for your interpretation of Arjun's expressions and that funny little bow he made at the end of the washing session, your take might very well be the right one, who knows! But that is the fun of it, really, making up one's own scenario for such charming little vignettes.

As for your last para, I have never understood why there is so much touchiness in the forum about the individual preferences of individual members. I am free to like one actor or actress better than others, and I do not have apologise for it, any more than others have to apologise for their preferences. That is the whole point of having a free and open forum, isn't it?

Shyamala

Originally posted by Ashlaika

Hey Miss Shyamala,

Thank you once again for a wonderful post. As usual, you were spot on in your analysis. Like you, I love when we get positivity out of a show (at least that is the impression I get, you enjoy and endorse the positivity).

I love the aforementioned scenes you spoke of. I enjoyed the entire show, but those 2 scenes leave me feeling quite happy.

Just two things I want to add. First, the look of exasperation on Arjun's face when Purvi calls him back that last time for more dishes. It was funny and sweet... like he was saying "Are u done now?" ... at least, that was what i thought.
Secondly, when he bent over, i thought he was curtseying, like bowing down to her as if he was her humble servant. lol. It could have been the load as well Smile.  I guess we will never truly know, different interpretation of the act, but definitely the end result was the same - one truly enjoyable and memorable scene.

p.s. I hope I don't get bash for saying this. But if i do, oh well. Anyway, to my point. No matter what event or scene RD and Asha act as Arjun and Purvi... whether it was recycled or not, I find that RD and Asha bring their own ease, chemistry and uniqueness into the scene and make it their own. Taking it from recycled non-sense to a scene us viewers (old and new, for I am an old viewer)  can enjoy!

Ashlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Thank you,  my dear. It is sweet of you to say such nice things about my posts.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by crazygal_vpb

thank u shyamala ji...i really like to read your posts...i really like the way use apt words and expresions...its always a treat to read your analysis...
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Dear Trish,

How kind and thoughtful you are! I can see why yo enjoy my pieces so much; they are emotional in their essence, and so, my dear, are you, and a good thing too!

I too like PR best when the characters are at least halfway nice, in themselves and to each other.

One thing we can now safely depend on:  Arjun and Purvi are now on firm ground in their relationship, and whatever happens in the future, they cannot and will not go back to the bitter phase of a screaming Purvi and a blathering Arjun, both of whom got on our nerves. I cannot even remember those scenes any more; the charm and liveliness of the new ones have wiped them away totally, thank Heavens!

Shyamala

Originally posted by purethought

Dear Shyamala ji,

Your posts are really excellent. In some of your previous posts, you have added an intellectual dimension to even those unintelligible scenes (which included screaming, screeching, obnoxious plotting, some characters not speaking up when they should)  which were just dished out to us in a hurry, or perhaps made just to create unnecessary drama in the name of experimentation or a close cousin maybe.  

Love your use of words like "fairy dust" and other words sprinkled across this particular passage you have written in honor of some of the lovely scenes, we were lucky to see in PR yesterday. I had a smile on my face when I was watching the ARVI scene yesterday ... when I saw Arjun-DK, then too I smiled. But later on .. not as muchErmm.  I generally enjoy other characters too in PR (when they support each other and are kind to one another), but did not yesterday, because I sensed no compassion/understanding in Ovi or Savita and to some extent in Tej or Manav for Archana or Purvi or Arjun.

Trish

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenixAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
My dear, I wondered once whether your real name is Susmita! I am sure it is something like that, whence your id.

Thanks for the appreciation of my post, and what an interesting comparison between Arjun and the young SRK! I too remember SRK in Dil Darya and Doosra Kewal (I missed  Circus and Fauji) and his take on the young, ardent lover was unsurpassed for a long time. Let us hope Rithwik shares a bit to SRK's good fortune as well, for without Lady Luck smiling on you, no amount of talent and hard work is enough to ensure success.

Shyamala

Originally posted by smilegirl

Beautiful post about the most beautiful couple and beautiful love ...awww aren't they just lovable. They have become a huge part of our lives now
Arjun - his love for Purvi - his eyes and expressions ...I feel I am seeing such an actor after a very very long time on the small screen...no actually after 2 decades. He reminds me sooo much of Shah Rukh Khan...he could be a romantic hero :) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai... Purvi. The first guy I fell in love with on small screen was SRK in Circus and then Anurag Basu(Cezanne Khan) and now Arjun!!!
Thanks so much Shymalaji...

FireLordPhoenix

Go to top