Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 2)

Soapgirl Senior Member
Soapgirl
Soapgirl

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Beautiful post about the most beautiful couple and beautiful love ...awww aren't they just lovable. They have become a huge part of our lives now
Arjun - his love for Purvi - his eyes and expressions ...I feel I am seeing such an actor after a very very long time on the small screen...no actually after 2 decades. He reminds me sooo much of Shah Rukh Khan...he could be a romantic hero :) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai... Purvi. The first guy I fell in love with on small screen was SRK in Circus and then Anurag Basu(Cezanne Khan) and now Arjun!!!
Thanks so much Shymalaji...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyam

aasmaan Senior Member
aasmaan
aasmaan

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

It is hard to believe that same writers on one hand write Arjun/Purvi/DK scenes  that are so normal, enduring with showing silent support to each other, and then go and write Archana/Ovi/Savita/Manav's loud, hysterical  mistrusting at drop of a hat  scenes ..

Such a big contrast

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajuAshlaikaFireLordPhoenixsashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
so true... they  probably have two sets of writers ..one for the new couple and the other set who know the history so are stuck with their own brand of writing for Armaan saga..
Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
I dont believe they have 2 set of writers and to be frank I don't see any thing new in Arvi storyline at the present moment..The entire mechanic scenario and the entire romance is a copy of the old Arman (Sushita) scenes which was a major hit with sky rocketing trp's and its a fact.
The problem is CV's dont have anything new coming in their head..And the script is on demand @ the moment .They are trying to satisfy both side fans demand,trying to satisfy new set of Arvi fans with their romance and for the huge old set of agitated Arman fan base ,they are trying to justify Arman's relationship n Archu's illogical sacrifice with some crappy illogically stuck storyline that is making so no sense.
In all this they have failed to give importance to storylines. Education ,marriage ,love everything has been made mockery in PR. Arman story-line has always been complex and it will remain complex until the day comes when CV's decide to give some freedom for Arman to think about themselves and their life over others.Until this day comes ,their story is going no where ,the only ray of hope is the Soham track which can be that factor to repair the ever lasting wound for the past 18 years.
They are trying to pull the strings by replicating what worked before (during old Arman young days) by making Arjun follow old Manav's foot-steps as mechanic.The scenarios in which both are mechanic cannot be compared ,and Arjun being a MBA its depressing to see him as mechanic whereas Manav had left school mid way for his family. 
I hope that they soon end this challenge fiasco and get Arjun to work even at least in small office for his MBA qualification.
CV's have the final say over things and at the moment the copy scenario is the only thing they are able to come up with making characters loose their originality and deviate a bit from the original track.
Ideally CV's should bring in something Original for Arvi that is specific to Arvi like their confession scene that makes their story unique and different from others for all fans to enjoy even more and not force the scenarios of old Arman here as both the situations n scenarios cannot be compared.
The current Soham track seems to be building up for something interesting but I hope CV's dont deviate Soham to interfere with Arvi which is total non-sense. Soham has nothing to do with Arvi,without confrontation of Soham with Arman which is the crux of the 18 year leap that happened ,it makes no sense to involve Soham in Arvi's life. Arvi have their own seperate life and CV's should keep it running parallely and not do a mix n match n make things worse. Hope Cv's do justice for once for all the half baked story-lines they have left unsolved.

Edited by Jaishankar - 18 July 2012 at 3:26pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

archverma10sushkita10FireLordPhoenix

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Jai,
Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am not a PR-1 person, hardly followed the story then, other than an occasional episode, have been watching PR only after ARVI. so, if I am off track about Armaan, please bear with me.
I do understand the frustration of all Armaan fans about how the track of the main characters are going. I can see it all over the forum. I am not going to go into copying the mechanic story and so on..
The reason I said that there seem to be diff. CV's for both is the way the characters are being dealt with.
In the case of ARVI, they show both Arjun and Purvi being strong, persistent, able to handle hassles coming at them in their own way, they communicate with each other their thoughts and feelings. Look at how they had Arjun pursue Purvi, convince and cajole her of their love. Now, recently, after Purvi has given in, they show their understanding of each other, ready to face all, they are open with each other about how they feel, their fears about Archana's willingness..Yes, there was a glitch in their relationship, due to Arjun's inability to be open with Ovi and Purvi was rightful about not having to do anything with him. But, they overcame that. They are a young couple in love, making their own mistakes and overcoming their hurdles in their own way. They are portrayed as such in a positive way inspite of all mistakes.

But, on the other hand, the CV's do not portray Archana and Manav as how they should be. More so, in the case of Archana. They still show her with the same mind set of what she was 18+ years ago. In no way, are they showing them having the maturity of what a 50+ yr old adult should be. They dont communicate with each other half the time, if they do, it is in half sentences like ARchana did the other day. The CV's of this track seem to be stuck in the same mindset as what it was so many years ago. Archana is still unable to talk before Savita's ranting, still puts up with her nonsense talk. Why dont they show her as a strong woman who survived despite losing her husband and kids. why dont they let her stand up for herself. other than an occasional show of strength, which still is shown with her crying throughout..we dont see the same characterization as they show for the younger generation. Soemtimes, I feel that they are confused as to how to portray Archana. When she is dealing with ARVi, or outsiders even, she is shown as an assertive, dominant even, and strong, ready to deal with it all. Once she goes back to that D-house, that is it. She is always shown helplessly crying most of the time. Well, Manav, the less said the better. Why do they show him as a 50+ successful businessman who cannot even stop his mother from insulting a guest who comes to his house. It is frustrating watching all this.
And I am not ARMAAN bashing, mind you, in anyway. I know that i am not aware of all the history in its details, but these are my observations on what I and quite a few of us see today.
For me, there is a huge disparity in how these two sets of characters are dealt with. I dont mean the details of the story, more so the characters itself.
Ok, I will stop now...:)..I probably haven't convinced you or got any closer, but just wanted to put forth what i think.

Jyothi

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

BadGal_AMZmandy321archverma10AshlaikaFireLordPhoenixsashashyam

archverma10 Senior Member
archverma10
archverma10

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Haha Shyamala well said!! Was issuing ur posts for the last couple of days so I find myself feeling as if I got to have a treat after a while!! I loved that last part...about the ambrosia and these dollops to keep us from utterly losing it!! Hehe so true...

The episode was just phenomenal...this and Mondays episode,,,just wonderful.  I feel that the acting by both RD and Asha has reached a new level indeed...as u said with them being so apparently comfortable with each other...it feels as though we are watching a real life new young fresh couple shyly playing house!!

I feel that their scenes and track itself have changed...and too mainly because of Purvi.  We see her respond with an enthusiasm and intensity of love to match his own.  Before she was content to accept his love and allow herself to receive his expressions of love to an extent.  Now I see her taking the initiative and loving him just as equally with an intensity and fervor that matches his.  She is also no longer afraid to express her feelings...in fact now she seems to welcome the chance to do so...log leaps for Purvi!!! Gone is the proper frigid litte miss...and in her place is a sweet young girl who is just as eager to be with her lover as he is with her.  A refreshing change from a show that seems to be the masters of misunderstandings!!! Hope it lasts!!!!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

BadGal_AMZmandy321pavrishabhimgjdronamrajuAxiomFireLordPhoenixAshlaikasashashyampeachesnplums

sushkita10 IF-Rockerz
sushkita10
sushkita10

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Jai,
Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am not a PR-1 person, hardly followed the story then, other than an occasional episode, have been watching PR only after ARVI. so, if I am off track about Armaan, please bear with me.

as new PR fan dont know about the golden days OF PR and dont know about arman[sushita] story its obvious they never accept how CV copy same scene of arman and pasting it.about archana who always bashed for being strict about arjun-purvi relation she also faced same situation in her young age, even though arman r separated for sometimes they never fail to support each other even they struggled much more than arvi, they also pass their hard time with their love and ppl attracted and TRP touched the sky.we arman[sushita] fan never b frustrated about them  bc now in PR they r not together but we surprised to see how their scene r copied by CVShockedLOLarchana-manav jodi was symbol of pure love and they got many awards for it.they got award with their own identical scene not copied from others.so we r proud of it.as new manav and archana r not so famous as couple so ekta not thinking to show their romnce[we fan also not interestedLOLLOL]but before ekta always show their romance in their unique way and got highest TRP   even during IPL and KBC time.bc more ppl liked to watch arman romance.though copy scene getting good TRP so CV will continue itLOLLOLas real scene r so hit and popular of course copy also thorasa hit tho hogaLOLLOL
i want to add another thing when arvi fan see tera shirt ka button... song also using for another couple then all start to say arvi is best in this song none can do like arvi, so same thing happend to us that we also think what is done by arman we think they best ,nobody can match it.arvi in office track was good,its their own style.

Edited by poas - 18 July 2012 at 10:31pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankarrash2222FireLordPhoenix

pavrish Groupbie
pavrish
pavrish

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
it was indeed a treat to watch yesterdays episode and to read ur wonderful post Shyamla... really i have become a big fan your of posts and your writing skills... every word seems to connect with the reader instantly... hope to see  more such beautiful write-ups from u in the near future...Clap
well for our very own ARVI... its just magical to see them on screen... they just light up the screen with their charming persona and sizzling chemistry... the more said about them is always less... they don't seem to act, it feels as if everything is happening for real... Arjun's deep love and the emotion that he carries in his eyes is beyond appreciation... similarly Purvi's understanding and concern has equally matched with Arjun... just adore them to the core... Hugi have become a die-hard fan of ARVI... never thought that i would so crazy about anybody on-screeen... Thumbs Up

Edited by pavrish - 18 July 2012 at 11:10pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mandy321abhimgAshlaikasashashyam

Go to top