Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 13)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

Jyoti,

Firstly, of course, the Arjun-Purvi scene.Today's little scene was even more charming than the bus stop one.  It is all so very predictable - the roothna (sulking) by Purvi, his manana (coaxing her back to good humour), and then the bangles (he seems to quite handy at this sort of thing, is our boy. it is a very tricky thing to put on glass bangles. They can break very easily, and then 9 times out of 10 the broken pieces cut the hand). But our pair make it all look so fresh and appealing. Purvi's lajana and sharmana  (being shy and acting coy) today was incredibly sweet, especially because there was not  even a hint of coquetry. They are just so openly happy just being in love.

Secondly, your Hallelujah is totally justified, though some others are not yet on the same page. It was not a hint, it was  a confirmation, as clear as could be.

It was not just what Purvi said about his getting back to being Arjun Kirloskar when the challenge had been met- she said that she would insist on paying for this order for both of them as he would hardly come to eat pav bhaji in this little stall once he was AK once more.

It was his reply that was really significant and very encouraging. He says that even when he is back to being The Arjun Kirloskar (the boy has developed a good sense of humour, he can laugh at himself now!) , he would still come back to this very same stall to eat pav bhaji with her.

So it is clear that my vague fears  - that he might actually have been so brainwashed by all this obsession with the saintly poor that he might set up an NGO and go about with a jhola and live in a chawl so as to be close to his clients in his social service - were, happily , unjustified. Thank Heavens!

I agree totally with you about Vishnu. He is not going to set any screen on fire, that is for sure.

As for the Manav-Archana scene, the less said the better. They are getting to be worse and worse.

Ah yes, the poster. Jyoti, no casual observer could have really and firmly identified Vishnu from that poster. It looks like any other long thin faced chap, and one could find half a dozen young men on any street in Mumbai who would look like that. It is not a photo, after all, just a sketch, and not a very good one. That his gang "recognises" the poster as being one of Vishnu is just a plot device.

This apart, what Vishnu says of the TT and the man in the street is true, they would hardly pay much attention to posters, even if they were of photos. They are all busy with something else: collecting tickets or their own affairs.  The only chance would be if the subject happened to be right there when they looked up from the photo on the wall or in the paper and stared straight into the person's face. Then he would be done for!

The police is a different matter, though even here, the inspector is not (yet) linking this fake-Delhite Khanna, who is the threat to Manav,  and the Rahim Khan kidnapper with the Bihari accent who was identifed by Arjun and who is the face in the poster. They are thus not putting them both in the same mental compartment at all.

That Manasi in Manav's office (girls with rear ends like hers should be banned from wearing jeans and short tops. Not a sight for sore eyes, but a most unbecoming sight, enough to make one's eyes sore!) being as dumb as she is, would not have noted the tinge of a Bihari accent  in the fake Punjabi accent Vishnu is attempting when talking to her as "Khanna'. If she had, the police might have begun linking the two.

Given this, there is no reason why the cops should notice Vishnu particularly - they are focussed on 'Khanna' - , and as for  the gang, they would mean nothing to them; they all look like typical chawl residents.

But where the police will be made to really look like dummies,to as to make Vishnu look very clever,  will be at the actual kidnapping.

Shyamala

Originally posted by jdronamraju

Today's episode is a reflection of how badly the Indian police and officials are portrayed in T-soaps.
1. There are posters of Vishnu all over the railway station, but the TC doesnt recognize him, nor is there even a flicker of it. how strange is that? he is not even disguised for gods sake..And, it is right outside the men's bathroom of all places...
2. Vishnu and his gang are rampantly walking around the chawl area, and there is no curiosity from anyone as to who they are.  
3. Soham actually sells the chana to a cop but the cop is so blissfully unware of him. That cop is from the same police station where the poster came from. How ridiculous is that !! what kind of a cop is he?
4. Soham is directly staring at manav and the inspector with cops, but nobody noitces them. how about that? arent the cops supposed to be looking around, atleast watching people around, when they know manav is a person of interest...

Manav says he cannot forget the "hadsa..."  Since when is losing a child so tragically a hadsa??

Ok, I stand by my assesment of this Soham guy's acting and voice skills. He is only one among that bihari group who has that wierd accent...Says so much of his acting skills... Not at all impressed...

ARvi segment as always, cute and loving. It was so nice to see Purvi more and more comfortable with Arjun to the extent of joking with him about future plans. I love the fact  that there are no ego hassles between them, when they talk about money..the bill payment was just some nokjhok between them. Finally, the bangles came out Big smile...But, I think they chose this occasion as probably if Purvi gets kidnapped, these bangles play a role ..who knows !! or am I thinking too much as always...Wink
Arjun, as always, underestimating the QM...All his hardwork might just go in waste in all this hundi hangama... How come he didnt mention about doing it or winning it etc... It does look like everyone is going to the same place for this event. I was right before Big smile...

OH..forgot the best part !! Arjun Kirloskar is gonna be back !!! Directly from the horse's mouth !

HALLELUJAH !!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

alisa21abhimgAxiomjdronamrajupurethoughtAshlaika

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Most of it is probably acceptable. But, it still doesnt explain the fact that a cop buys the chana from Vishnu and yet fails to even take a second look. That is very unacceptable to me. Cops are trained to do this kind of thing. They should be able to relate the sketch and the person. If not a confirmation, atleast a doubt. Otherwise, what is the difference between a layman and a cop. The main thing was that the cop was from the same police station where the sketch originated from.

It was definitely a HALLEJUJAH moment because Arjun himself says it like it it the natural move. What other confirmation do we need. Smile...
I am sure it is not going to be so easy, as either purvi's kidnapping or something else might still come in the way...ofcourse, archana not accepting..but nto sure if they will even go that route. All the focus suddenly seems to be on Soham track and ARVI track is being trickled down.

That Manasi in Manav's office (girls with rear ends like hers should be banned from wearing jeans and short tops. Not a sight for sore eyes, but a most unbecoming sight, enough to make one's eyes sore!)

That was ROFL funny, Shyamala !!!

Edited by jdronamraju - 23 July 2012 at 12:27pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiompurethoughtAshlaikasashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Not your garden variety of cop, Jyoti. The ones hanging around the inspector look very ordinary.  The poster  would of course have been circulated to all the police stations, and they would have had it up in theirs too, but to expect them to be bright enough to recognise Vishnu from that  sketchy poster  is perhaps asking for too much. There would be cops even at this level who would be smart enough to spot the vague likeness, but it seems that the ones there today are not in this category.

Even for the smart ones,  if their hunch (for it can never be more than that with a sketch)  pays off, they get a promotion, and if it turns out to be the wrong person who gets beaten up at the police station, they get the NGOs at their throats, and much adverse publicity!

Not that it matters for the point you are making, but  how do we know that the police station is the same as the one where the sketch was made? Manav's chawl is very far from Arjun's and the police stations dealing with the two cases should normally be different. This inspector who calls on Manav is not the one who interviewed Arjun about the chap in the ticket line. The lookout notice originated from the latter, but of course it must have gone to all the PSs and the former must have seen it too.

Coming back to face recognition, Indian policemen who are specially trained in facial recognition, even with add ons that distort and camouflage the appearance, like a beard or thick moustaches, are the CID  personnel. At Scotland Yard tto, their staff are trained specially for this, and of course some are better than others and it is they who get the promotions when their recognition of a crucial face helps  crack a big case. I wonder if the standard London bobby would be as bright, and if he was,he would soon be off the beat and into a tougher job.

Shyamala

Most of it is probably acceptable. But, it still doesnt explain the fact that a cop buys the chana from Vishnu and yet fails to even take a second look. That is very unacceptable to me. Cops are trained to do this kind of thing. They should be able to relate the sketch and the person. If not a confirmation, atleast a doubt. Otherwise, what is the difference between a layman and a cop. The main thing was that the cop was from the same police station where the sketch originated from.

It was definitely a HALLEJUJAH moment because Arjun himself says it like it it the natural move. What other confirmation do we need. Smile...
I am sure it is not going to be so easy, as either purvi's kidnapping or something else might still come in the way...ofcourse, archana not accepting..but nto sure if they will even go that route. All the focus suddenly seems to be on Soham track and ARVI track is being trickled down.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomAshlaika

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Thanks for all your input, Shyamala..
hmm...I thought the inspector that talked to Manav (who called him before) was also one of the inspectors in arjun's  police station. Not the main one, who harrassed him or talked to him, but the other one who either talked to Archana or the one who picked up Arjun. That is why , although this is a new inspector we saw today, I thought they were all from the same police station. Am I confused? Possible, ofcourse... anyway, I am not that interested in this track that much to go and recheck ..

On the flip side, I am probably very influenced by the Law and Order episodes i watch here, so have a different expectation from them.. :)

Dont you think this whole kidnapping thing is so unreal, totally predictable and has no ZING to it at all...Disapprove... I am kind of bored watching the new episodes..just do it for ARVI...the story seems to be so BLAH !! cant muster enthusiam for it. hopefully it will pick up somehow...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashlaika

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Hello Miss Shyamala,

Thank you very much for the translation of the ArVi scene and for the analysis. As i mentioned once, hindi is not my mother tongue and its not even a second language. So the little I pick up from the episodes as I watch them online is what I have to work with. That's why I'm always so grateful for your posts, translation and analysis after the episode. Waiting until the episode airs on Zee tonight at 9:30 pm for us is just too much of a long time away and my curiosity and need to know cannot withstand such a long wait Smile.

I will definitely second Jyoti on her praise of Hallelujah!!!! I can't wait. Although, with this whole Soham track, ArVi seems to have taken a back seat. Which upsets me. We seem to be getting the pittances of ArVi scenes. A 2 mins today and then a 3 mins tm  Disapprove.  Oh well.

BUT... I prefer a little bit of them than not showing them at all. Its amazing how low my standards have fallen when it comes to those two and their scenes.

As for the whole story with Soham and not being able to identify him with the poster. Well... all of that I guess is to build up his story, the suspense and drag it along until the CVs are well and ready to move ahead. I have stopped questioning the logic behind any soap opera and in particular this one!!!

Loved your posts on both this thread and on Trish's thread "Return to Normalcy". Thank you for the translations and jokes along the way, for your posts always makes me smile and laugh.

Smile

Edited by Ashlaika - 23 July 2012 at 12:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajupurethoughtsashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
No, my dear, please do not indulge in any such false hopes. It will not pick up. Arjun-Purvi have spoilt us with their unprecedentedly fresh,  young appeal, but Vishnu will bring us down to  the  terra firma of PR proper. It is not enough to be  young and passably good-looking!

I am not too bothered so long as we have an Arjun-Purvi scene of even just 4 minutes, like the one today, in every other episode. They are getting better and better, once  you understand that one cannot have the high emotional quotient of the airport confessions any more. These are utterly enchanting in quite a different way; they are now absolutely sure of themselves and their feelings for each other.

Enough for Purvi to joke about her aai refusing to oblige even after the challenge has been met, or even threatening to change her mind! I loved the way Arjun tackles that last: by warning her that he would camp outside her house once more, and when she emerged, look deep into her eyes and say "I love you , Purvi", which makes her blush and confess that she would then have to agree.

If he did do that, one major difference this time would be that Sulochana would invite him in, and scold Purvi for playing fast and loose with such a nice young man, don't you think?

And of course, Purvi seems to be making assignations to meet the boyfriend without a care in the world. Wonder what the two would do if Archana, as is her wont, caught them in one of their pav bhaji sessions, and stood over them like an avenging angel brandishing a sword. I bet Arjun would be far more rattled than Purvi!

Shyamala

PS: I agree with you about their having no ego hassles. But then,as I wrote in one of my Purvi-phile posts last week, Arjun has none  where she is concerned, and is quite the New Age man in that respect. Remember how warmly and overtly proud he was about Purvi having got him out of jail, not just to her, but also to DK?

Thanks for all your input, Shyamala..
hmm...I thought the inspector that talked to Manav (who called him before) was also one of the inspectors in arjun's  police station. Not the main one, who harrassed him or talked to him, but the other one who either talked to Archana or the one who picked up Arjun. That is why , although this is a new inspector we saw today, I thought they were all from the same police station. Am I confused? Possible, ofcourse... anyway, I am not that interested in this track that much to go and recheck ..

On the flip side, I am probably very influenced by the Law and Order episodes i watch here, so have a different expectation from them.. :)

Dont you think this whole kidnapping thing is so unreal, totally predictable and has no ZING to it at all...Disapprove... I am kind of bored watching the new episodes..just do it for ARVI...the story seems to be so BLAH !! cant muster enthusiam for it. hopefully it will pick up somehow...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajupurethought

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
You are welcome, my dear. Always glad to be of any help I can.I put in the translations just for you and some others in the same boat.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Ashlaika

Hello Miss Shyamala,

Thank you very much for the translation of the ArVi scene and for the analysis. As i mentioned once, hindi is not my mother tongue and its not even a second language. So the little I pick up from the episodes as I watch them online is what I have to work with. That's why I'm always so grateful for your posts, translation and analysis after the episode. Waiting until the episode airs on Zee tonight at 9:30 pm for us is just too much of a long time away and my curiosity and need to know cannot withstand such a long wait Smile.

I will definitely second Jyoti on her praise of Hallelujah!!!! I can't wait. Although, with this whole Soham track, ArVi seems to have taken a back seat. Which upsets me. We seem to be getting the pittances of ArVi scenes. A 2 mins today and then a 3 mins tm  Disapprove.  Oh well.

BUT... I prefer a little bit of them than not showing them at all. Its amazing how low my standards have fallen when it comes to those two and their scenes.

As for the whole story with Soham and not being able to identify him with the poster. Well... all of that I guess is to build up his story, the suspense and drag it along until the CVs are well and ready to move ahead. I have stopped questioning the logic behind any soap opera and in particular this one!!!

Loved your posts on both this thread and on Trish's thread "Return to Normalcy". Thank you for the translations and jokes along the way, for your posts always makes me smile and laugh.

Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

purethought

abhimg Senior Member
abhimg
abhimg

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Jyoti,

Firstly, of course, the Arjun-Purvi scene.Today's little scene was even more charming than the bus stop one.  It is all so very predictable - the roothna (sulking) by Purvi, his manana (coaxing her back to good humour), and then the bangles (he seems to quite handy at this sort of thing, is our boy. it is a very tricky thing to put on glass bangles. They can break very easily, and then 9 times out of 10 the broken pieces cut the hand). But our pair make it all look so fresh and appealing. Purvi's lajana and sharmana  (being shy and acting coy) today was incredibly sweet, especially because there was not  even a hint of coquetry. They are just so openly happy just being in love.

Secondly, your Hallelujah is totally justified, though some others are not yet on the same page. It was not a hint, it was  a confirmation, as clear as could be.

It was not just what Purvi said about his getting back to being Arjun Kirloskar when the challenge had been met- she said that she would insist on paying for this order for both of them as he would hardly come to eat pav bhaji in this little stall once he was AK once more.

It was his reply that was really significant and very encouraging. He says that even when he is back to being The Arjun Kirloskar (the boy has developed a good sense of humour, he can laugh at himself now!) , he would still come back to this very same stall to eat pav bhaji with her.

So it is clear that my vague fears  - that he might actually have been so brainwashed by all this obsession with the saintly poor that he might set up an NGO and go about with a jhola and live in a chawl so as to be close to his clients in his social service - were, happily , unjustified. Thank Heavens!

Shyamala

[QUOTE=
[/QUOTE]
My dear Shyamala,

Oh yes, you were right...the ARVI Pav Bhaji scene was one of the better ones and definitely better than the bus stop scene...it was so heart warming to see Purvi visibily upset with Arjun- at the lack of time- subah se shaam tak garage me and shaam ko Dahi Handi ki practice, so where is the time for her...but he so wisely answers her and lovingly manofy's her...Even Arjun getting upset as Purvi had already ordered the food and then even her manofying him...awwwEmbarrassed...and how Arjun says- Diya, THE ARJUN KIRLOSKAR ke saath dinner karne ka mauka DIYA...that was brilliant Big smile...

Also, when Arjun is putting on the bangles for Purvi, she was shy, happy, and she was sooo full of love, this scene was different when the Vinay scene happened and she had cake in her hands, here she exuded the confidence in her love, her Arjun, and she was totally COMFORTABLE with it, shy yes, and so very very HAPPY...aaah! EmbarrassedBig smile...making us ARVI fans thrilled too...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajupurethoughtAshlaikasashashyam

Go to top