Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR Today: Arjun-Purvi-DK: Varying shades of love (Page 12)

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Dear Jai, happy to see you back :)  and glad you had a great time in India.
You couldn't offend anyone even if you tried so perish that thought.

Have not gone through all the posts on this thread but in general I don't understand either when people bash the actors, the characters, yes, and I think when we get mad at the actors or empathize with them, we are actually paying them a compliment as they are rendering their roles so realistically as to extract that kind of reaction from us.  That is why I don't understand when people think talking bad about Savita the character is talking bad about Usha or even when people criticize Ankita to the extreme.  Archana as a character does irritate me at times with her too seedha saadha behavior at her sasural but Ankita herself is a stunner in the looks department and a great actress.  Hiten is the same, loved his character in the snatches I saw of him as Abhi and also his first show with his wife, Gauri.  As Manav, my personal opinion is his talents are not being showcased well.  So, agree with you that the actors have nothing to do with the roles dished out to them and happily or unhappily they have to go along with it, it is their occupation and their jobs. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomJaishankarAshlaikasashashyam

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Dear Jai, happy to see you back :)  and glad you had a great time in India.
You couldn't offend anyone even if you tried so perish that thought.

Have not gone through all the posts on this thread but in general I don't understand either when people bash the actors, the characters, yes, and I think when we get mad at the actors or empathize with them, we are actually paying them a compliment as they are rendering their roles so realistically as to extract that kind of reaction from us.  That is why I don't understand when people think talking bad about Savita the character is talking bad about Usha or even when people criticize Ankita to the extreme.  Archana as a character does irritate me at times with her too seedha saadha behavior at her sasural but Ankita herself is a stunner in the looks department and a great actress.  Hiten is the same, loved his character in the snatches I saw of him as Abhi and also his first show with his wife, Gauri.  As Manav, my personal opinion is his talents are not being showcased well.  So, agree with you that the actors have nothing to do with the roles dished out to them and happily or unhappily they have to go along with it, it is their occupation and their jobs. 
Thanks Janhvi dear for the kind words re..Smile...yeah re bashing characters is understandable why why actors.No matter how pissed even actors may be they cant help it ,they have do their job as been told.Archu is a emotional fool and thats her character ,what can Anki do for that. She is as helpless as others. Yes re Anki is a stunner in real life and TV industry/many dont just call her bomb-shell for no reason Wink,she is a bomb-shell for sure ,bomb-shell,a wonderful dancer and actress.I am pissed off with CV's for the current stage Arman's track is. Its gone beyond a point and I just hope a closure is provided at last for this through Soham track at least.I feel for Hiten (Know him from Kutumb days - show he acted with his wife Gauri),he is a great guy n a wonderful actor .He is giving his best shot as Manav and doing a great job but at the moment Manav's role is appalling ,confusing and totally cannot be understood. I think CV's are under the hysteria that Archu should shed tears n Manav should stand helpless and this is till the end of the show for TRP's or whatever they want to achieve. 
I hope CV's bring closure to this and the challenge fiasco track n let move Arjun back to his original avatar from the mechanic one. Arvi are different and that different X factor brought many new fans to the show. CV's should realize that and give their orginal story track instead of copy cat scenarios of old Arman scenes. Their originality is their strength and these CV's should revert back to it.One thing is for sure re the CV's are devoid of ideas and hence they believe copy cat scenarios will work.Those dumb heads dont realize that by doing this they are taking away the originality of the characters.When will these CV's realize God only knows.

Edited by Jaishankar - 21 July 2012 at 4:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Jai,
I am not justifying what anyone said on this thread or did not say. This is just my personal opinion.

Ankita is not Archana and Archana is not Ankita. I think that all of us realize this and should if we dont. Ankita is a very good looking and a very good actress. If not, she would not be winning all those awards that she did over the years. The actors do what their role demands and how it is written. Any unhappiness with the characters, be it Archana or Ovi or whoever is mostly directed against the characters and not the actors themselves. Sometimes, the way the actors portray emotions that are required by the characters does not gel with everyone the same way. Hence, sometimes probably the reactions may come out extreme from some. You know, if Ankita can invoke such extreme reactions from the forum members, like or dislike, it is a compliment to her acting ability Smile.. The same goes for ARVI, their track now is very lovable, despite that we still see criticism on the forum. But, that is how it is. It always comes both ways, especially when it is high drama, emotions run high.
I hope you do agree that the new Archana (for the past 3 weeks atleast) is annoying for all she does is cry in the D-house and is giving out dikhats and rules in the K-house. She does not open her mouth when needed and gets into all this MU everywhere. She is such a paradox. It definitely does not invoke sympathy for her. What have they done to her character..Hopefully, we will see her character portrayed a much better way.
Both Ankita and Hiten are very mature actors and we hope to see their roles are protrayed more sensibly and according to the character's age, the way it should.
Let us see how this soham track is handled...
Jyothi

abhimgAxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1sashashyam

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Jai,
I am not justifying what anyone said on this thread or did not say. This is just my personal opinion.

Ankita is not Archana and Archana is not Ankita. I think that all of us realize this and should if we dont. Ankita is a very good looking and a very good actress. If not, she would not be winning all those awards that she did over the years. The actors do what their role demands and how it is written. Any unhappiness with the characters, be it Archana or Ovi or whoever is mostly directed against the characters and not the actors themselves. Sometimes, the way the actors portray emotions that are required by the characters does not gel with everyone the same way. Hence, sometimes probably the reactions may come out extreme from some. You know, if Ankita can invoke such extreme reactions from the forum members, like or dislike, it is a compliment to her acting ability Smile.. The same goes for ARVI, their track now is very lovable, despite that we still see criticism on the forum. But, that is how it is. It always comes both ways, especially when it is high drama, emotions run high.
I hope you do agree that the new Archana (for the past 3 weeks atleast) is annoying for all she does is cry in the D-house and is giving out dikhats and rules in the K-house. She does not open her mouth when needed and gets into all this MU everywhere. She is such a paradox. It definitely does not invoke sympathy for her. What have they done to her character..Hopefully, we will see her character portrayed a much better way.
Both Ankita and Hiten are very mature actors and we hope to see their roles are protrayed more sensibly and according to the character's age, the way it should.
Let us see how this soham track is handled...
Jyothi

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you for replying and stating your valid points Smile. Jyothi let me clarify what I am trying to convey dear.First of all Actors portray of emotions for a character itself depends on the storyline and plot given to the actors. IF the actors are asked to act and portray that way they have to. Yes sometimes it comes in way that it bashes the actor which is was I requested here kindly not to bash. This does not include Anki alone ,it includes all the actors.I took Anki reference coz I saw quite few bashing going against her.My point was what can she do if she asked to portray that way. This has happened to RD/Arjun when Arjun was portrayed like a coward till he broke the engagement,nobody at that time bashed RD there. Hence I requested not to bash Anki here. Getting extreme reactions against the character is perfectly ok ,yes but hitting the actor here for just doing their job is something I dont agree (my opinion again). We can bash the characters we like ,I believe even actors themselves bash their characters for some non-sense they have to do.Again actors are pawn in the hands of CV's.IF they are asked portray a emotion or a scene in a particular way ,they have to do it,no option. I am against Archu bashing or something.hell I have bashed Archu myself n even Manav too. My kind request was not to bash the actors for giving it everything to the role they do. Portraying a illogical crap in a way that can still make viewers see it needs some talent and all actors of PR have it and Anki has also proved it.Hence my point was not to see Archu in Anki.As you mentioned Archu is not Anki and Anki is not Archu. On screen and off screen are different ball game all together.My request was only that. 
Both Hiten n Ankita are matured actors but they dont have their say on the storylines.The request of seeing them as a matured couple needs to enter in the thick brains of CV's n Ekta who have made mockery of their characterization. This should passed to the CV's and Ekta and not to the actors who cant do anything but just act as per told. 
In short in the firing line should be CV's/Ekta and not the actors. As per current Archu , well I have already stated that the challenge scenario as challenge fiasco. Again its CV's who are at fault for portraying Archu totally clueless. Archu /Anki cant do anything about it,if anyone can change her characterization its CV's. AS you mentioned dear just can hope that CV's due some justice in Soham  and Arvi track.

Edited by Jaishankar - 21 July 2012 at 10:31pm

jdronamrajuAxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:45am | IP Logged
My dear Mandy,

I shall not even attempt to thank you for all the very flattering words you have used for my writing. I shall merely bow my head and accept them with gratitude and becoming humility.

I have never read any of Chetan Bhagat's novels, my tastes being more towards the classical  (whether it is in English, Hindi, Tamil  - my mother tongue -  French or German), but I have read a lot of his op-ed pieces in the papers on social and political subjects, and he is a very sensible young man, who loves India with all his heart, which is, for me, very important.

Coming back to yours truly,  as I am over 60, I have had plenty of time to read fiction, despite  nearly 38 years of a more than full time career as a professional diplomat in the Indian Foreign Service,  from which I retired recently. (If you want a look in on me, you might like to go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/menik/2530924779/, which Abhi cleverly dug up some time back, and the photo is a recent one and a good likeness. Or you can google my full name).

So you see, I have been dealing in words for  a long time - choosing just the right ones and then polishing the sentences to a compact sheen, so that they say what you want them to say, with clarity and firmness, but without giving offence.

But even apart from the demands of my career, I have always loved words, their sound and their meaning, and they know this, so they are kind to me and from time to time, they grant me that one perfect word, that one perfect phrase, that one perfect sentence. That is epiphany, to get something just right.

Like that quotation from Aeschylus, so heart-rending and yet so full of hope. That it came across to you so strongly says as much about you as about the poet.

There is another one about the all enveloping nature of love that I remembered just now, and you will like it too:

Waqt do hi mujhpe guzare hain ye sari umr me,
Ek tere aane se pehle, ek tere jane ke baad.

I don't think you will need a translation, and a lot is lost in the process, but just in case, here goes

There have  been only two phases of time that I have gone thru in all my life,
One was before you came, and one was after you left ,

As time stood still while she was there, that is the unstated subtext. It is lovely, don't you agree? So very simple, and yet so profound.

As for PR, my  dear, I only endure it for the most part, and I am kept on the treadmill only by the boy and the girl. I am not a serial addict, I watch only 2 besides PR -  Afsar Bitiya because of the civil services background, and BALH for Ram Kapoor, though there is about 50% more of him that is at all tolerable.

I was very kindly invited to watch Phir Subah Hogi and to join their forum, and as I am an admirer of Varun Badola, I did try it for 2 weeks, and I liked his Vikram Thakur a lot and Sugni as well. But then the usual hide and seek with  a deep dark secret, to wit Vikram Thakur's resurrected wife Riva, with more than one screw loose in her upper storey, tired me out. Initially, I had had hopes that it might be an Indian version of Rebecca,  and that Vikram might for some reason have murdered his wife, but  that idea was dashed to the ground quite soon.

And then, I could not stand Narayani Shastri's screaming and ranting, exactly like Archana, only worse. Which Thakur would stand for such stuff, and not have her booted out instantly ? He condescends too much;  no amount of love should bring a man to this state.

This apart, though I have missed all the unfolding of the Vikram-Sugni romance, I cannot really understand how he could fall in love with (as distinct from desiring) a woman so patently his inferior in intellectual terms. I have always felt that a major gap in intelligence is far more disastrous for a love marriage than a gap in economic status or class. Anyhow, she is very good, but her mother is insupportable, and so is all this gothic nonsense around that Riva Manzil, and so I have quit PSH.

Reverting to BALH, this is one case where a  5 year leap seems to have worked out fairly well. After a totally ridiculous court case and a prison van accident in a landslide, our heroine lands up in Dubai, with a fat little girl who is easily one of the most inspired casting choices I have ever seen.She is as bright as a new pin, and chirpy  to match, but is she fat! She is a mini-Ram Kapoor, just as much of unwanted adipose tissue, she walks (or rather waddles) exactly like him, and she eats exactly like him, that is to say too much of black forest cake and the like. But it is fun to watch her and listen to her, and  the other kid, a sassy  little boy, is  even spunkier, and that is the secret of a well managed leap, I suppose.

If you do not watch it already, I would VERY strongly recommend the DID Little Masters, which airs for 90 minutes each Saturday and Sunday evening on Zee, with repeats of these and earlier episodes during the week, from Wednesday or Thursday to Saturday.  I rewatch the old episodes ever so often: the kids are fabulous dancers.

There is a 11 year old Saumya Rai, with a face like a Japanese doll, who is so graceful that she does not walk down a staircase, she floats down it. I am not sure she would need an umbrella in the rain - as they used to say of the  great English ballerina assoluta, Margot Fonteyn, I think Saumya too could walk between the raindrops!

Then there is 8 year old Om Chetry from Assam, brimming over with pure mischief off stage, and a marvel of balance, panache and sheer pluck on stage.To see him do the malkhamb dance , or an aerial number, is to have your heart in your mouth till  he is safely down on terra firma once again. Also 7 year old Jeet Das from Kolkata, who does not seem to have any bones in his body. And 11 year old Tanay from Jalgaon, who dances like flowing water. No soap, or even any other programme can beat this one for sheer enjoyment.There are only a few weekends left, however, so don't  miss whatever is left.

And, yes, next Saturday, Ankita and Rithwik are going to partner two of the kids in duets, and Ankita will dance with Saumya. I am sure that no one in the forum will miss DID Little Masters that day! Yesterday, there was  a lavani - the same as the one before the chawl function with Manav and Arjun as the chief guests - which Archana dances to teach Teju and Purvi.

Well, that has been far too many words I am afraid, and so I will leave you in peace, but do not miss tonight's DID LM, and all the repeats during the week ahead, plus the ones that are left.. You will never regret the time you will spend on the programme,

Shyamala

Originally posted by mandy321

Dear Shyamala,

Like what you said I now realize how I have got myself chained to this idiotic serial just because of a boy with a Chesire cat  grin and a girl with a fine boned, elegant face. It is like being on a treadmill and unable to get off- this is exactly what I was thinking. There is one show I am following Phir Subhah hogi and that also while waiting for this one to come I accidentally watched PR ,before that I never knew PR existed.Has it not been because of Arjun & Purvi. I would have never watched PR.

I have been tolerating PR for quite some time.I know to expect logic,reason,good story scripts with a great dose of entertainment are a distant dream for Indian Television.Sometime it is beyond my comprehension how the writer could come up with characters like all the Deshmukh's family and Karanjakars esp Archana . I don't know from what mitti she is made of . To me she seems like to be drowned in her ocean of tears,shrieking,yelling,howling,screeching,wailing and what not.After 3 years of working in PR I think Ankita has done her PHD in this yelping business. I expected more of her as I heard she has won many awards and the show has been running for the past 3 years. By the length and breadth of how she is doing this business, glycerine might be out of stock in Maharashtra.

The great Manav factor : first of all I don't know much about him and nor do I desire or will try to know him.  But as far as I know he seems to be quite comfortable staying under his AAI's pallu.

Ovi,Teju they have Archana genes in one department only 'in the department of Scream part 1,2,3 ' some of the best  character trait or nature of Manav & Archana are no where to be seen. They are almost like straight from the Species movie.

Savita is a long repetitive nightmare.

The way Soham's track is coming up ' it is like adding salt to the injury. First ,they are like giving crumbs to ARVI fans.By giving us some glimpses of ARVI thodi yaha waha like an illusion. Ekta Kapoor ki maya hi maya mode pe jaane parega. And then now she is dragging us all over India.I really don't know why she needs to transport us to Bihar. May be her latest obsession is Bihar as in one of her songs says UP,Bihar lootne.Still I couldn't crack my mind why she needs to Bihar loot na in PR track.Why does she need a lot of nautanki,over dramatization of character to unfold a sequence of the story?PR is like now a very badkhidchidi the only saving grace is ARJUN,PURVI,D.K,Sulochana.They justify their roles ' I do like Archana & Manav's acting skills but many times they are very insipid and repetitive. Archana and Manav have good talents I wish they could use it to their full potential.

Arjun & Purvi I need not share anything as you have written at great length and breath about them and I echo the same feelings,thoughts.Both of them are my top list favorite.I know I sound very negative here and sometimes I hate myself wasting my time in watching a mindless soap like PR but then ARJUN & PURVI are like drug,once addicted we need a very good rehab to recover

For you my dear Shyamala,I have fallen in love with your writing,analytical skills and I am so surprised to have met you here.I like your writing more than Chetan Bhagat. It's true I know you might think I am exaggerating. But if you have read his novels then you would agree with me.I don't know what you do and what your future plan about your skills.But you know you can bring a lot of joy to many people using your skill.

I really love one of the quote you have mentioned for Ovi's antidote for her delusion and obsession about Arjun - 'Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God.'I was reminded of the words of the ancient Greek poet and dramatist, Aeschylus, which were quoted by Robert Kennedy, on April 4, 1968,  in his eulogy at the funeral of the assassinated Dr.Martin Luther King.

That was such an amazing quote perfectly fitted for Ovi's sickness. More than PR ,now I look forward to reading your golden words:) but then without PR there is no basis of our interaction. At least I am grateful to PR because of them I have discovered a writing talent like you and as well our beloved ARJUN & PURVI:)

Blessed Sunday:) Rithvik tweeted Ramandan Mubarak everyone  and enjoy more arvi scenes are upcoming to watch.

abhimgAxiomjdronamrajusoapwatcher1Ashlaika

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Shyamala, did not know you watch lil masters religiously, it is a hot favorite with my mom and husband, the only desi TV show my husband will watch. Truly the kids are amazing, so full of spunk, mischief, talent and joie de vivre, that we are glued to the screen with mouths agape.

Have seen that fat little kid in BALH, I thought she was Ram's daughter. In the new show, wasn't Ashna from PR the dead wife?

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 22 July 2012 at 1:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AxiomAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Janhvi,

It is good to locate another DID LM addict!

As for BALH, the supposedly dead wife, the one who is taken to have expired in the prison van accident (I cannot imagine any loving husband giving up so easily and accepting that his wife is no more when a little more time would have shown her wandering around there as large as life), is not our Aashana from PR, but Sakshi Tanwar, whom I am seeing for the first time, but she is a veteran and much liked, I understand.

Well. the fat kid might very well be Ram Kapoor's real life daughter (as distinct from soap life, where she is his kid). If so, God help the poor child, for all that flab must then be genetic and she will not be able to get rid of it the way kids shed puppy fat in their teens.

The other new entrant into BALH is Sameer Kochhar, who makes one instantly think of his antics as an IPL anchor. He is going to be the chap Ram's supposedly dead wife marries, or so I learnt from some odd  posts in our forum from people aghast at the idea of simliar developments in our PR, for Arjun and Purvi. Right now, his Rajat Kapur is a confirmed misogynist and as rude as the old AK, and even more successful professionally. The saving grace with him -  though he looks all the time like the 'before' shot for a Saridon ad, with that high forehead made to look even longer because of the swept back hair -  is that he does not have an ounce of extra flab, and is as trim as anything. The two of them together - Ram and Rajat - are fun to watch, a study in opposites.

Shyamala

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Shyamala, did not know you watch lil masters religiously, it is a hot favorite with my mom and husband, the only desi TV show my husband will watch. Truly the kids are amazing, so full of spunk, mischief, talent and joie de vivre, that we are glued to the screen with mouths agape.

Have seen that fat little kid in BALH, I thought she was Ram's daughter. In the new show, wasn't Ashna from PR the dead wife?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomjdronamrajupurethoughtsoapwatcher1Ashlaika

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Today's episode is a reflection of how badly the Indian police and officials are portrayed in T-soaps.
1. There are posters of Vishnu all over the railway station, but the TC doesnt recognize him, nor is there even a flicker of it. how strange is that? he is not even disguised for gods sake..And, it is right outside the men's bathroom of all places...
2. Vishnu and his gang are rampantly walking around the chawl area, and there is no curiosity from anyone as to who they are.  
3. Soham actually sells the chana to a cop but the cop is so blissfully unware of him. That cop is from the same police station where the poster came from. How ridiculous is that !! what kind of a cop is he?
4. Soham is directly staring at manav and the inspector with cops, but nobody noitces them. how about that? arent the cops supposed to be looking around, atleast watching people around, when they know manav is a person of interest...

Manav says he cannot forget the "hadsa..."  Since when is losing a child so tragically a hadsa??

Ok, I stand by my assesment of this Soham guy's acting and voice skills. He is only one among that bihari group who has that wierd accent...Says so much of his acting skills... Not at all impressed...

ARvi segment as always, cute and loving. It was so nice to see Purvi more and more comfortable with Arjun to the extent of joking with him about future plans. I love the fact  that there are no ego hassles between them, when they talk about money..the bill payment was just some nokjhok between them. Finally, the bangles came out Big smile...But, I think they chose this occasion as probably if Purvi gets kidnapped, these bangles play a role ..who knows !! or am I thinking too much as always...Wink
Arjun, as always, underestimating the QM...All his hardwork might just go in waste in all this hundi hangama... How come he didnt mention about doing it or winning it etc... It does look like everyone is going to the same place for this event. I was right before Big smile...

OH..forgot the best part !! Arjun Kirloskar is gonna be back !!! Directly from the horse's mouth !

HALLELUJAH !!

Edited by jdronamraju - 23 July 2012 at 11:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomAshlaika

Go to top