Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy321 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Dear Shayamala:)

I will write to you more on the weekend and there are myriad of thoughts going on so just for now I will cut short and let know  you that - seriously YOU should be PR writer and I truly truly feel that you should really consider script writing as your profession:) ( can't help saying it over and over again like Arjun's Blather and Purvi's screaming:)

I got to connect with one of the PR team ( more on the technical ) I will surely write to him if he ever have any influence he should read your thread here and correct their flaws. You are such a gifted person and I really think we need good logical entertainment and very realist love stories ( I wonder with a talent like yours what an entertainment world we will have)

But as of now beside the ARVI couple ( PR is utterly a waste of my time and a sore to my eyes) I think ARVI scenes are like crumps to appease their fans.

Have a great night! I don't write to flatter you. I truly enjoy your writing and believe that you can bring enormous joy to many people.

archverma10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dear Jyoti,

I do not know about the Boss from Hell, which is what Arjun  was in the beginning, but what I do NOT like is the awful checked shirts this naya Arjun wears. He looks as bad as Rithwik did in the Sprite ads. He was really at home only in his 3 piece suits or, at a pinch, the V neck tee shirts under a slickly fitted jacket. Which was why I never believed (not knowing what all the CVs could think up) that he could ever by plonked down in a chawl or made to stand in a line for water. Alas for my naivete!

Now, my complaint against this naya Arjun, whom both our young people profess to like so much, is not just that he seems to have been affected by a terminal case of  do-gooderism, and is beginning to sound like a Salvation Army recruit, the way he carries on and on about the plight of the poor and the marginal workers. It is exactly like watching the early Raj Kapoor films: Jaagte Raho, Shri, 420, Awaara. And he believes in what he says, and rejoices in the fact that the cause for the mithai being distributed at the garage today was him, the naya Arjun.

What he forgets to mention, and perhaps does not even realise,  in the process of exulting over his own goodness, is that it was not he and his empathy and good will, but DK's big bucks that saved the garage. It is important for Arjun to  understand this basic fact,  What could he  have done to save Farooq from foreclosure on his Rs. 8000 pm? Nothing. The power of money to do good is immense and this should be neither forgotten nor slurred over. So, if Arjun  wants to continue to feel good about playing Santa Claus, and not just one of the reindeer pulling Santa's sledge, he has first to get back to MAKING big money. Which means a big business, not working in, or even running a garage.

This apart, my real grouse is that this naya Arjun is far too ready to 'sir' everyone in sight, call the Inspector 'saheb' and to apologise to all and sundry for everything and nothing, as he did at the hospital after that all too brief reversion to Arjun Kirloskar. The change is too drastic to be convincing. The saying goes that a lion might be starving, but it will never eat grass even to  survive. Not for our AK, it seems, for  he is not only eating grass, but is beginning to actually like it. Whoever heard of a vegetarian lion?

I agree that Arjun stoops to chawl life for the sake of a greater maqsad,  and also, as naava noted, that this brush with the harsh realities of life will make him a wiser, more compassionate and altogether better young man. But he should not, in this process, completely lose touch with his old persona, for then he will become and remain a garage hand inside and out, which would be pathetic and a total waste.

Right now, with his endless litany about his empathy for the little man, he is already beginning to sound repetitive and a tad tiresome. And if Purvi goes on looking at him with worshipful eyes, as she does at the bus stop today, and joins him in singing the praises of the naya Arjun, God knows what it will take to get him back on the rails. Not to revert to arrogance, that is gone for good, and a good thing too. But to become once more a man born to command, who can yet use his money and his brains, at least in part, for the greater good of the many and not just to enrich the few, including himself.

Perhaps it could be this kidnapping that everyone is talking about. Rescuing whoever is kidnapped will take a masterful personality, and all the sharpness and resourcefulness of  Arjun Kirloskar. Maybe that will bring back to him the joys of being in command once more.

All this grumbling apart, today's little bus stop rendezvous (that is what it was, a pre-determined time for them to meet there, which is why he says sorry for being so late) was very charming. I loved the way in which Arjun  bends down and peers naughtily up at Purvi's face as she is reciting the mantras before giving him the prasad.

I also loved the light in her eyes as she says "Mujhe bhi!"  and the  admiring, almost worshipful  expression with which she drinks in his tale of 'How Arjun saved Farooq's garage". It might just as well have been a war he had won all on his own if you went only by what her eyes said. If one were to stretch a point and with apologies to Shakespeare, thus might Desdemona have listened to Othello's tales of his deeds of valour.

Lastly, I was delighted with the tabela scene of  Yadav the gang leader whipping his subordinates into line. They are no pushovers, these disgruntled footsoldiers, for they complain openly, and mostly about the special treatment given to  Vishnu. If their detestation of the boss' favourite, Vishnu, and their reluctance to obey his orders during the 'get Manav' operation that is in the works, are any indication ,Vishnu is in for a hard time. With such 'support' staff, he will have to watch his back a good bit of the time, and also make sure that there is nothing on the ground to trip him up. They will work hard to make him fail, and thus pull him down from his pedestal. It is going to be fun to watch.

Shyamala

Shyamala, I havent watched the episode but I agree with you, Jyothi, and most of us here.  I do totally miss the Boss Man...and think Rithvik would look great in a V-neck T under a good sharp blazer (the proof is in the pictures of the Gold Awards when they are on the "Gold Carpet") 😉
Ive said it before and I will say it again...most women like a powerful, strong man--and I am no exception. No one likes a soft timid sissy.  This "soft" Arjun is a little tough to take...especially considering his real-life counterpart seems to be anything but! From what I have seen, RD himself is a pretty outgoing, confident, charismatic fellow...and I would say pretty much dominates most of the offscreen segments/interviews of him and Asha about 90% of the time.  Its plain to see she pretty much totally defers to him and is the more softspoken one.  Call me old-fashioned, but I have to admit..this may be why we find these 2 actors and their jodi so appealing...their on and offscreen chemistry..plus their very visible willingness to comfortably be in sync in this manner.  If Asha suddenly started taking over the mic in every interview and doing most of the talking, and Rithvik just sat there, smiled, nodded, said yes...and gave a couple of soft spoken comments...I dont think any of us would even want to see another SBS/SBB segment- we certainly would not be complaining and start demanding for a new segment if a few days pass without these two. 

The point I am trying to make is that it is too much of a character change for Arjun...and whats worse is that it is also a 180 degree change against the actor's own real life persona.

Instead of being a powerful, confident businessman..he goes to being a mechanic who is apologetic, soft, and falling all over everyone.  Its like the CVs are telling us powerful strong men cannot also be nice and have a sense of compassion/decency-----nice guys have to be poor, submissive, and apologetic.  Thats tough to take: but I am hoping that if this upcoming Purvi kidnapping track is true, it will give an opportunity for our lion to wake up from his sleep, get his strength and power back, and in the mean time we get to see him beat up some goons while we're at it!!!!!  
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
but I am hoping that if this upcoming Purvi kidnapping track is true, it will give an opportunity for our lion to wake up from his sleep, get his strength and power back, and in the mean time we get to see him beat up some goons while we're at it!!!!!  

Archana,
From your mouth to the CV's ears !!!   😉
Jyothi
Ashlaika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Archana, (may i call you that?) - I'm Ashlaika - Ash for short.

Completely loved ur post and like Jyoti... i hope those last few lines go from ur mind to the CVs ears!!! One can only hope!!!
Soapgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: jdronamraju

By today's episode, it looks like we lost our Arjun Kirloskar for good !! Mr. AK is liking his "new Arjun" avataar too much 😊...

I miss our arrogant, know-it-all, strong, silent, guy with an attitude Arjun Kirloskar !! This new Arjun is endearing too..but still not the same guy we all fell in love with ...:(. I was so hoping the original AK would be back...hmm...doesnt look like it..even if he does, it will be a waterdowned version of AK :(...

It does look like "Aai ki dikhat gayi bhaad mein"...Purvi is meeting Arjun wherever and whenever..You go, GAL !!  😃...

I dont have much to say for the rest of the episode..same old..just the players change...it is now the daughters turn to shriek at Ms. Archana Aunty...She still thinks Manav will understand her and support her with the truth.. Which world does she live in..She "understands" why manav was rude to her before Ovi...Really...Anyway, whom am I to say about true love ..😃...
Liked how Sulochana told her about expecting from Manav...all in all ..prelude to another boring, unrealistic track of Varsha and her gang...

OMG Jyoti...couldn't stop laughing at your post. What a great update! Loved reading it...🤣
Especially the ones in bold...
It looks like Purvi is the parallel female lead in this show...because  I see most of the tracks revolve around her.
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

OMG Jyoti...couldn't stop laughing at your post. What a great update! Loved reading it...🤣
Especially the ones in bold...
It looks like Purvi is the parallel female lead in this show...because  I see most of the tracks revolve around her.

Glad you enjoyed it .. I just think that this whole gangster, kidnapping drama is so filmy and doesnt really fit into the PR world..but, hey, as long as they give us cute ARVI scenes, they make my day.. The rest of the drama can go on as they want. It is just so unbelievable the way they all go on..
Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: archverma10

Shyamala, I havent watched the episode but I agree with you, Jyothi, and most of us here.  I do totally miss the Boss Man...and think Rithvik would look great in a V-neck T under a good sharp blazer (the proof is in the pictures of the Gold Awards when they are on the "Gold Carpet") 😉
Ive said it before and I will say it again...most women like a powerful, strong man--and I am no exception. No one likes a soft timid sissy.  This "soft" Arjun is a little tough to take...especially considering his real-life counterpart seems to be anything but! From what I have seen, RD himself is a pretty outgoing, confident, charismatic fellow...and I would say pretty much dominates most of the offscreen segments/interviews of him and Asha about 90% of the time.  Its plain to see she pretty much totally defers to him and is the more softspoken one.  Call me old-fashioned, but I have to admit..this may be why we find these 2 actors and their jodi so appealing...their on and offscreen chemistry..plus their very visible willingness to comfortably be in sync in this manner.  If Asha suddenly started taking over the mic in every interview and doing most of the talking, and Rithvik just sat there, smiled, nodded, said yes...and gave a couple of soft spoken comments...I dont think any of us would even want to see another SBS/SBB segment- we certainly would not be complaining and start demanding for a new segment if a few days pass without these two. 

The point I am trying to make is that it is too much of a character change for Arjun...and whats worse is that it is also a 180 degree change against the actor's own real life persona.

Instead of being a powerful, confident businessman..he goes to being a mechanic who is apologetic, soft, and falling all over everyone.  Its like the CVs are telling us powerful strong men cannot also be nice and have a sense of compassion/decency-----nice guys have to be poor, submissive, and apologetic.  Thats tough to take: but I am hoping that if this upcoming Purvi kidnapping track is true, it will give an opportunity for our lion to wake up from his sleep, get his strength and power back, and in the mean time we get to see him beat up some goons while we're at it!!!!!  

Loved your post Arch 👍🏼 Especially the bits in bold 😃

Arjun, aka Mechanic Man, has never been my favorite superhero. For one thing, that overall is not attractive - its looks like a blue over-sized shopping bag on him. 🤔

I do very much like the V-neck tee shirts under the blazers - those suited him best (in my opinion). 😍 

The pendulum has swung to the other end of the spectrum and as much as I like him all lovey dovey with Purvi I want to see some of that passion that attracted ME in the first place. (after all, it's all about the viewer isn't it?) 😆 

If this 'kidnapping Purvi' track is true then I'd like to see him use his 'Arjun Kirloskar' cold, calculating mind to get her back!

Can't wait for our little lion man to emerge !!! 

RRRAAAWWWRRR!!!
Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Shyamala Aunty,

Your first post on this thread reinforces all my beliefs in ARVI lovin' and the power of true love. I wish I could give you a real hug but this will have to do for now 🤗

As far as your other posts, I just love your wicked sense of humor! You are one sassy lady 😆

This apart, my real grouse is that this naya Arjun is far too ready to 'sir' everyone in sight, call the Inspector 'saheb' and to apologise to all and sundry for everything and nothing, as he did at the hospital after that all too brief reversion to Arjun Kirloskar. The change is too drastic to be convincing. The saying goes that a lion might be starving, but it will never eat grass even to  survive. Not for our AK, it seems, for  he is not only eating grass, but is beginning to actually like it. Whoever heard of a vegetarian lion? 

The 'yes sirs' are getting to me too. Completely agree with the bits in blue!

Arjun is maturing in one way and retracting the next. Has he forgotten all his 'worldly business sense'? They should have shown HIM coming up with a viable plan to save Farooq's garage instead of going to his dad for help.  😕

Take the business man and make him a mechanic - ok - but don't take the business man OUT of the mechanic. I really hope this mechanic thing doesn't last for very much longer - it does nothing for me.

All this grumbling apart, today's little bus stop rendezvous (that is what it was, a pre-determined time for them to meet there, which is why he says sorry for being so late) was very charming. I loved the way in which Arjun  bends down and peers naughtily up at Purvi's face as she is reciting the mantras before giving him the prasad

I also loved the light in her eyes as she says "Mujhe bhi!"  and the  admiring, almost worshipful  expression with which she drinks in his tale of 'How Arjun saved Farooq's garage". It might just as well have been a war he had won all on his own if you went only by what her eyes said. If one were to stretch a point and with apologies to Shakespeare, thus might Desdemona have listened to Othello's tales of his deeds of valour. 

Yay for secret rendezvous!!! His proud little puffed up chest and her enraptured gaze was just the amuse-bouche I needed for today. 😃

To be honest, I don't really recall much of the other goings on after that scene 🤣

Laurie 😃

Edited by Axiom - 11 years ago
archverma10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashlaika

Hi Archana, (may i call you that?) - I'm Ashlaika - Ash for short.

Completely loved ur post and like Jyoti... i hope those last few lines go from ur mind to the CVs ears!!! One can only hope!!!

Hi Ash...of course u may dear!!!😊 As I said one can always hope!!!! CVs can u hear me????
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Loved your post, Shyamala!  A flow of sheer, undulating poetry, I allowed the context to get lost as I indulged myself in the unleashing of warm words and magical conjurations!!  Thanks for the delicious treat, I have become a glutton for your beautiful writing!   
Loved Arjun and Purvi, my damaad has indeed undergone a total transformation, he is a cutie!  And as for my ladli, what can I say?  She becomes more pyaari by the minute!! 😃
Previous
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Next