India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Arnav's Redemption_ Edited

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
A lot of people seem upset that the redemption track seems to be moving the comedy way

Its not about making a mockery of the redemption... he is trying everything... he apologized genuinely tried to apologize when he realized he went too far with his words.. but she wouldn't budge on her decision to leave... thats went he used the contract as his trump card.. as a last resort to stop her from leaving . He did regret doing that but for him... it was a temporary fix till he figured out what he could do to win her over.

Ever since he has been attempting different strategies... even taking NK's help no matter how much it annoys him :) and boy it annoys him!!

He tried to surprise her with gifts, flowers(failed attempt) and even went and did the thing he himself thought was cheesy... cut a cake!

Khushi still remained upset... and expressed it. Then he went and did what he has never done before... wish her 'Happy Birthday'. Yeah he did it when she was technically sleeping.. but he was thoughtful enough to do so before the clock struck 12, thereby ending the day... and the reason he didnt do it while she was awake... cause he was exposing his vulnerability... that a lot for a man who has lived under the facade of being all guarded and in control... in that moment he let his guards down and showed his vulnerable self. The last time he did that was when he thought he would never see her again ... when he confessed he loves her and apologised for hitting her to save her from the goons...

She complained his gift wasn't personal.. so he redid it... personally selected and ordered a gift of his liking which he hoped she will like too... it may not have the gota she likes but it was chamkili enough :) didnt work either... Khushi is battling her own woes... of feelings responsible for the whole mess the family is in... being mad at Arnav for actually thinking she was responsible for all the woes in his and his sisters life...
It will take  awhile for the pain of his words to go away... sometimes things said in anger can have deep impact on our feelings and no matter how much the person expresses their regret in uttering them... you cant help replaying the tape in ur head. I think thats what Khushi is going through!!!

Now coming to the new idea Arnav has decided to use... she said he can't buy her smile back...  and he is disturbed that she isn't even smiling... and what best way to bring someone's smile back other than recreating the beautiful.. fun filled... noke jhoke moments that have been engraved in their memory.. that have become legendary story telling.. a part of their love story!!!

It is another attempt he is making...

Redemption doesn't mean weeping and begging... for someone's forgiveness... and if that could work, I am sure he would have done it. And its not like he doesnt regret every wrong done in the past!

He does regret... he said it that night itself that he knows he has hurt her deeply but he will win her over... which basically will need her to forgive him.. right? Infact here I am reminded of the scene from Zindagi Mile Na Dobaara...when Hrithik and Farhan get into a fight and Farhan after Farhan playfully throws his mobile out. Farhan  says he regrets what hapened and is truly sorry and has also apoloised... he just needs to know how many times he has to and in what ways for Hrithik to forgive him.
That is how regret is... u can express ur regret but it doesnt mean saying sorry a million times will earn you the forgiveness of the person wronged.  Time and again we have seen Arnav feel bad about wrongs done in the past...

Infact today when he was relaying their story to NK.. he did say.. I made her life hell! So he is aware of how wrong he was and even acknowledges it... He is not a very articulate person so we cant expect him to keep talking about it...

But accepting his fault is the first step.. getting her to forgive him and win her back is the next step to redemption... for which he is trying all possible tricks!!!

Lets just give him the benefit of the doubt.. he is doing what he thinks appeals to his wife... pagalpan!! :)

Edited by jules - 18 July 2012 at 10:09pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

Nik28shornarabiacasapoonam.gupta12Ace11roumiraima111-Reva-shaferoz18Josupramsleejpatel1289Preety_womanpriyankaasun2011ParamjitgopikaajiCyberpsychooomaalooarchie_79avchowdhury-Maha-OmNaMaSteOmpieryrose

gopikaaji Goldie
gopikaaji
gopikaaji

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
i totally agree with u ...accepting his wrong and making up to her ..that too a man like him is real redemption ...weeping ,crying, feeling sorry ,saying sorry ... is nothing before making all up to her ...with all honest and genuine feelings ... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

roumi

xxChanga_Jixx Goldie
xxChanga_Jixx
xxChanga_Jixx

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
u read my mind...tht wht i m trying to say redemption is not only weeping and hurting ...it is already hard for him to be Arnav frm ASR
jpatel1289 Senior Member
jpatel1289
jpatel1289

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
You are absolutely correct! People need to realize that up till now the only thing he has done is show the ASR side which has only hurt Khushi. We need to understand that the CVs want us to see his softer side that he only brings out when he's with people he loves. Remember the poolside scene where he flirts with her only to make her smile? He realizes that her smile is his biggest strength and he will do whatever is in his power to make her smile! Even if it means hiding in her closet! 

Redemption doesn't necessary have to be pain filled for anyone. If he wants to redeem himself in Khushi's eyes, he needs to do all the things that he's hated her doing before, such as acting in the crazy way she does. The CVs till now have kept his character going on the right track and we should have faith that they will still do that!

Plus seeing all the moments recreated might be one of the best parts of this track! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rabiacasamslee

simran04 IF-Dazzler
simran04
simran04

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

well said!!!Thumbs Up totally agree wid u!!!

redemption isn't all about crying and regretting!!!

IllGetOverIpk IF-Sizzlerz
IllGetOverIpk
IllGetOverIpk

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
u r absolutely correct dear... i am loving the track
raima111 Senior Member
raima111
raima111

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
very nice post...Big smile
Beautifully written.. totally agree with u.Smile

I loved todays epi, but was shocked to see so many posts unhappy with the epi... thanks for making this post.Smile
OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
i like ur explanation but i still think this is not the redemption if it is does seem so

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top