Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jakhushi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: arch_nat1112

Episode 300 - aka the 5 minutes that saved an entire production team! Congratulations to the entire team and here's to many more episodes!

Priya - loved the Crooner - you had me from the title "Kuch rishtey... ajeeb hi dor" - it was a great callback to that scene - to the relationship between these two. I want to say something on the point you made as well - I believe I have enough of a feminist in me, as well as enough of a drooler - I don't need to take out a flag to prove anything to anyone about which character I love better - and my love for Arnav & Khushi will always trump my love for either Arnav or Khushi separately. Why assume that this is going to be Arnav's redemption track? Can't it just be a man who is trying to manao his roothi wife? Why can't we wait to see what is ahead before we judge it on the basis of that one second of whatever it is that you see which is objectionable in it? Our own assumptions end up spoiling the show - we are so busy fighting for everyone's rights that we just forget to have fun. And I am very unabashed about the fact that I watch this serial for fun. So I will enjoy every track and when I stop enjoying it, I might just decide to stop watching the show, regardless of how much I love Barun or Sanaya or Arnav or Khushi.

Loved your point of view on the marketing Priya. Fact is that the marketing of the serial, regardless of what the premise used to be or how it started, was, from the day of the first promo - about Arnav and Khushi. However you might have thought of the story or characters - the fourth promo especially established that it was a relationship of love and hate - it was a story of intensity, passion and romance. Whether you like it or not, their jodi, their chemistry, their love is what runs this story completely. The newest promo is patchwork at best, with such an interesting voiceover that should have had fantastic visuals to accompany them and capture the interest of the audience.

I have felt that this stems from a lack of focus sometimes - we are definitely a Star One type show on a channel like Star Plus - there is no point in trying to make everyone happy. In an ideal world, where everyone realises what a brilliant serial this is, we would have everyone tuning into watch our show across all age groups - but that's not what happens. If that's the case, you should identify what your target audience is and work on capturing them in such a way that they never leave you - you already have that kind of following with your online audience, but TRPs = business always. Which makes the promotion strategy also very baffling - why keep airing promos of shows that are showing huge jumps? Scared of KBC coming up?

Ok, all points done - now episode time! LOVED the episode yesterday - a great way to celebrate the journey that Arnav and Khushi are on. The first scene was classic - I thought he might say "baby" or "sweetheart" for a second and I totally freaked out! But at the end, he just said what he wanted - he wanted to see her in that sari (seriously, forget about him, I want to see her in that sari!)... We also got the monologue we wanted to see, but I think it confused people more than getting things clarified - that flashback to the door that you talked about is very needed!

Akash and Payal - Khushi's interference as he sees it puts things in jeopardy, and Payal tells her to stay away - it's her marriage, and her life... But Akash who could see that Khushi is "pagal" before - who knows her and understands her - where is that understanding now? How did he turn into Mamiji's son suddenly? As it is I have huge issues with Mamiji's amnesia about Arnav's kidnapping and Khushi's efforts to get him back - she saw everything from close quarters - why pretend the kidnapping never happened?! Has anyone asked Arnav about it at all? He almost died, and so did Khushi!

Anjali's story is picking up as well - the questioning has finally started - the alarm in Naniji's eyes when she started talking about having a son just like Shyam... Defending her husband but also knowing that Chotey is not usually wrong... I liked how this is moving... It's very interesting!

The spirit of Khushi is crushed - that is very true - and that's why the storyline ahead has me enthralled - recreating old memories, oh my God! The precap was adorable! More than his charm also, she seemed to have a smile on her face... and just thinking about it has me completely anticipating 8pm today with such a desperation!

The flashbacks and the talk with NK that led to that moment was just wonderful - for those who believe that he was making light of those moments - he was not. Please understand he was smiling because he was thinking about the woman he loves and her madness, not about whether it was wrong or right. Whatever said and done, these are the two people we have - there are no excuses for who or what they are - they are flawed and proudly so... I've said this before as well - there is no rationalisation for why Arnav is this way or why Khushi is that way - both of them have deeply scarred pasts, but at the end of the day their characters are what they are, and that's all there is to it. There's no need for us to over analyse this at all and work ourselves up!

All in all - another win day for dialogues, and for Karan once more. I'm loving NK so much this time around! Barun and Sanaya - no need to mention how awesome they are! Barun was really unbelievably good yesterday! Technically things are improving a lot as well - the only point of disconnect once again was Daljeet - just not able to connect with her at all at this point, which is very sad because this should be the peak of her performance.

Congratulations to Gandhari - yesterday's was such an awesome post - it was so deserved! Haven't read any posts yet today and not sure when I can - but I'm sure today's star contenders will be many as well!

Last but not the least, RIP Rajesh Khanna. Seeing NK's dance moves like him yesterday was very uncanny. Here's to romance and love.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfdu11MFWKk[/YOUTUBE]

Archu,

Your post today made me want to highlight all of it!
Loved how you covered evry aspect!!! Especially agreed with the ones in bold!

Good one girl!
shwetachauhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Archuuu!!! Absolutely loved the post hun!! The take on the episode is amazing as usual, the take on the forum and TRPs and marketing principles is just awesome!! So true! I know where thats coming from! i remember you had started working on the statistics yesterday morning itself!! πŸ˜‰

By the way, was discussing with Soni only a few hours ago.. there wont be a redemption track for Arnav at all! At least not for the things past! Where is the scope now? So one should stop expecting it anyways! If there will be a redemption, it could be for Anjali.. which is again a wait and watch thing! This show surprises me at every junction!!

PS: Somebody get the KBC started already!!!!!

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Indrani Di!

Sorry one more time ... You knos why!!! 😳

How do you do it? I just love reading your posts .. Not only because your viewpoints but also because of the way you play with words.

About Khushi .. My final take is the poor girl is really confused ... That is why all of us are confused too. πŸ˜† Priya has explained nicely on Khushi's state of mind. 😊
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arch_nat1112

Maybe it's the sequence of scenes in today's episode!!

Let me see
😳 Arhi's recreated romance
πŸ˜ƒ Khushi who is impressed with her husband
🀣 for NK and Arnav
πŸ₯Ί Payal broken heart which is still to be fixed
🀒Aaksh still blaming Payal
πŸ˜ƒ super precap

Chalo..I think the episode will be goodπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
archanan14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shwetachauhan

🀣 Poor Dolly! Ab Shaleen ko bhi nahi chhoda!

Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Many happy returns of the day SriπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—May you have a lovely year aheadπŸ˜ƒ
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
soni,
with you on the "ji" issue, girl. sometimes in certain situations it sounds nice: naniji, mamiji, elderly person ji. even lajo ji. does anyone here remember buniyaad?

but enough of these rich city kids ji-ing, owners of fashion empire at that. esp since khushi used to work at ar. did akash call lavanya lavanyaji? anjali of the diaphanous saree with gracefully let gone of pallu is somehow from a ji time, so not cribbing. love it when my rough khadoos asr barks khushi, payal, lavanyaaa along with a simple straight "tum." go ahead akash, live a little dangerously, call your bhabi khushi πŸ‘ my bwoy.
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: riti4u

Hey farha (omraboti) - okay so you got inside my mind and put it all in better words...πŸ˜†exactly how I felt about khushi's monologue... wonderful write up dear...πŸ‘

Yeah, Riti! We were just too confused souls swimming in a fish bowl called "Inside Khushi" πŸ˜†
--Nishita-- thumbnail