Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nancynair thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Wonderful Crooner Priya.

Happy 300 episodes fellow IP lovers.
I really am in love with your writing and your clearly expressed thoughts.

Will come back and read other Crooner buddies and update
😊

Cadence_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
excellent crooner Priya. I especially liked the technical and marketing flaws that you regularly point out.πŸ‘πŸΌ I don't understand the channel, neither do I understand the PH's promotion strategy.

Why not air this promo from a little earlier...why wait for two days if they were airing already telecast shots merged together as a promo? I get that you are trying to convey the track but why not earlier!!!😳

I personally think Arnav in wardrobe would have made for a great promo if they had kept the same idea of conveying the track and telling the viewers that Arnav 'sare hadde par karega' and show him in the closet! Eye-catching promos please!!! How many listen to the voice-over? πŸ˜•

Secondly, the channel as you say keeps over promoting its already top show. It stumps me every time.

Coming to the episode, I am really left confused by Khushi. Was that the writer's intention? To showcase her confusion? If yes, that did not come across. If no, then it is even worse. I understand that she is disturbed by the events in the house.. I understand she is deeply hurt by ASR's words but I don't understand the vacillation between 'hum naraaz nahi hain' and her hurting him with her words and being  'rootha rootha' I wish they do a further monologue or maybe a REAL conversation about it between ASR and Khushi after the manaofying is done or during.

The last five minutes were fantastic. What I liked best was how Arnav approached the whole fiasco of their meeting.

a. It is water under the bridge for him
b. He has forgiven himself for it BECAUSE he knows Khushi has forgiven him for it. That is where the lightness in tone springs from.
c. He remembers it with much fondness and nostalgia
d. He so likes it that his love story is a horror/thriller one (we like it that way too hehe)

I never signed up for a mushy love story neither did I sign up for a neo-feminist love story.😑 I have to rant here at people who expect a clinical redemption of Arnav from a story that is so real and so deep. Nopes ladies. Such clinical redemptions do not happen in real life and IPK is real. Take it or leave it. Don't dictate terms.
Rant over.

Back to drooling. πŸ€ͺThe first image I woke up to was ASR in the closet...unembarrassed, waiting, eyebrows raised at Khushi's shock. How does Barun do this? I sound like a stuck tape but he was FANTASTIC!

This is subtle, nuanced acting at its very best.

I end with a quote by Oscar Wilde that I saw today morning in Times of India and which made me immediately think of Barun, who has brought this quotation to life  in reprising ASR's role.

While we look to the dramatist to give romance to realism, we ask of the actor to give realism to romance

And that is precisely what Barun as an actor has achieved. He has given realism to romance.

Edited by mashira - 11 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely crooner! The 300th episode had a lot of good moments, including a trip down "Memory Lane" which I enjoyed!!
I think tomorrow's epiosde will be really good! Waiting for it!
honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mashira

excellent crooner Priya. I especially liked the technical and marketing flaws that you regularly point out.πŸ‘πŸΌ I don't understand the channel, neither do I understand the PH's promotion strategy.

Why not air this promo from a little earlier...why wait for two days if they were airing already telecast shots merged together as a promo? I get that you are trying to convey the track but why not earlier!!!😳

I personally think Arnav in wardrobe would have made for a great promo if they had kept the same idea of conveying the track and telling the viewers that Arnav 'sare hadde par karega' and show him in the closet! Eye-catching promos please!!! How many listen to the voice-over? πŸ˜•

Secondly, the channel as you say keeps over promoting its already top show. It stumps me every time.

Coming to the episode, I am really left confused by Khushi. Was that the writer's intention? To showcase her confusion? If yes, that did not come across. If no, then it is even worse. I understand that she is disturbed by the events in the house.. I understand she is deeply hurt by ASR's words but I don't understand the vacillation between 'hum naraaz nahi hain' and her hurting him with her words and being  'rootha rootha' I wish they do a further monologue or maybe a REAL conversation about it between ASR and Khushi after the manaofying is done or during.

The last five minutes were fantastic. What I liked best was how Arnav approached the whole fiasco of their meeting.

a. It is water under the bridge for him
b. He has forgiven himself for it BECAUSE he knows Khushi has forgiven him for it. That is where the lightness in tone springs from.
c. He remembers it with much fondness and nostalgia
d. He so likes it that his love story is a horror/thriller one (we like it that way too hehe)

I never signed up for a mushy love story neither did I sign up for a neo-feminist love story.😑 I have to rant here at people who expect a clinical redemption of Arnav from a story that is so real and so deep. Nopes ladies. Such clinical redemptions do not happen in real life and IPK is real. Take it or leave it. Don't dictate terms.
Rant over.

Back to drooling. πŸ€ͺThe first image I woke up to was ASR in the closet...unembarrassed, waiting, eyebrows raised at Khushi's shock. How does Barun do this? I sound like a stuck tape but he was FANTASTIC!

This is subtle, nuanced acting at its very best.

I end with a quote by Oscar Wilde that I saw today morning in Times of India and which made me immediately think of Barun, who has brought this quotation to life  in reprising ASR's role.

While we look to the dramatist to give romance to realism, we ask of the actor to give realism to romance

And that is precisely what Barun as an actor has achieved. He has given realism to romance.

In between work and 3 back to back deadlines πŸ˜† but just had to peek in out of habit, I sneak in every 10 mins, even though I dnt comment😳...loved ur write-up immensely...and obviously Rashmi no wonders you are the best at this ...

But loved ur take on Barun, and had to write - he was phenomenal yesterday - the "thairaav" in the perrformance, the confidence, the expressions..you could be just in awe of him yesterday - forget the looks, the actor in him has grown in leaps and bounds - watch that scene where he says to NK "leave me alone" - how sure the actor is of himself !!!

And rightly wat u said at the end - in the precap - the ppl are divided in their reactions - but just on screen - he has made that larger than life character such believable even when he was sitting in the closet - no meekness, no embarrasment on face - pure honesty and charm - wat an achievement of an actor - and as a fan of the actor makes you so proud  !!!
Edited by honeypriya - 11 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Hi indi di...great write up at pg5..I am having same ques as you about khushi's character..I am confused what was in her monologue...it is not that I dont love her...I love her equally but somewhere I felt disconnected with her and connected with asr more in the story as it went after their marriage... yes she has flaws but why doesnt she admit her wrongs too... her intentions were always right but she does need to learn somethings..I was not happy when she chose to win over shyam for arnav's love..I still accepted that but this girl cant even see how much this man is trying to make her smile...she saw his genuine wish for her on her birthday...she saw he was upset and after what he has been thru ,it is he who requires that emotional support..I wud hav loved that strong ever smiling khushi who hides her pain in order to see her beloved's one smile..I fell in love with that khushi..not this one..😭
mahamluvsbs thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
loevly crooner pria !

the episode was good !

loved arnav khushis' 1st scene  where he is trying to manofy her n she is giving him attitude ! awesome perf by sarun both were brillaint as usual !

loved the way asr went i have bought this its my fav colour go wear it LOL 

it reminded me of old episodes. sarun were a 10/10 there

the last scene between arnav and nk was fabsss! brilliant !

the way arnav told his crazy love story with a smirk shows how much he cherishes those carzy moments done by him n her :) n nks reaction was so FUNNY :)

i loved the precappp !!!!!!

payal's scene with khushi made sense khushi for once should stop poking her nose in every 1's matter .
 she is NOT the little girl who knws everythign!

anjali i'd not talk about her im hating her these a days and on top after listening to daljeet's lame justifications made me more pissed.Im not crying bout her like the forum but yes daljeet asked for this now if people r disliking u , u cant force them to like u ! Y cant these people take critisim  with dignity !
daljeet learn some thing from abhaas he is one guy who takes praises n -ve comments with dignity , never once i have seen him complaining cuz he knws thts the reaction ! daljeet should realis en open er eyes b4 people actually start making fun of her !
hatts off to abhaas in this matter  atleast he doesn't gets defensive ! 

neeways a good epi and 10/10 to SARUNNN and extra 10 for  barun  for his remarkable per and another 10 for NK !

BUT im confused with khushi's behaviour ! what does she want? is she doing this because she wants to make a groud for her to leave and not get emotionally attached with aranav or she is hurt  about wht he said ?
Edited by Mahamluvsght - 11 years ago
Cadence_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

In between work and 3 back to back deadlines πŸ˜† but just had to peek in out of habit, I sneak in every 10 mins, even though I dnt comment😳...loved ur write-up immensely...and obviously Rashmi no wonders you are the best at this ...

But loved ur take on Barun, and had to write - he was phenomenal yesterday - the "thairaav" in the prerformance, the confidence, the expressions..you could be just in awe of him yesterday - forget the looks, the actor in him has grown in leaps and bounds - watch that scene where he says to NK "leave me alone" - how sure the actor is of himself !!!

And rightly wat u said at the end - in the precap - the ppl are divided in their reactions - but just on screen - he has made that larger thank life character such believable even when he was sitting in the closet - no meekness, no embarrasment on face - pure honesty and charm - wat an achievement of an actor - and as a fan of the actor makes you so proud  !!!

Thanks for liking Priya! 😳 yes, it is not about looks anymore...actually with Barun, it has never been. There is no denying his delicious good looks but it is his acting that takes even his looks to a higher state. I don't know how much of an input the creative team has on Barun's emoting or it is his own understanding but the final product is an astonishingly intelligent portrayal of a complex character and portrayed with such easy charm. I can only wish he gets the recognition he deserves!

and oh here I am, having to complete writing a 800 word piece before 4 pm and look what I am doing!!!!! *facepalm*  *back to MS Word*

Edited by mashira - 11 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: .Mandy.

I don't think it is just the contract that is bothering Khushi, it is what came before that as well. Khushi is very hurt that Arnav so quickly faulted her for everything that went wrong in their lives, not something she expected from a man who only a day before spoke of how much he trusted her. Then Khushi tried to leave only to be stopped because of the contract, talk about adding insult to injury.

I can watch NK and Arnav's bromance over and over again, too cute. Who would have thought Arnav would turn to NK for help with Khushi???

Hi Mandy!

Yeap .. it is the late night confrontation that actually impacted her and the mentioning of contract worsened it. She thinks she does not care but she does .. I guess she is looking for assurance from Arnav .. we are still in the midway of the Beauty & the Beast story!!! πŸ˜†

NK & Arnav ..  😍 I never thought I would re-watch their moments so many times!
jakhushi thumbnail
Hi Buddies... Just reading the posts..

Brain very scrambled and trying to get into a state where I do not rant on my post...

Taking Divya's role and sharing a really crazy post πŸ˜†

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

But loved ur take on Barun, and had to write - he was phenomenal yesterday - the "thairaav" in the prerformance, the confidence, the expressions..you could be just in awe of him yesterday - forget the looks, the actor in him has grown in leaps and bounds - watch that scene where he says to NK "leave me alone" - how sure the actor is of himself !!!

And rightly wat u said at the end - in the precap - the ppl are divided in their reactions - but just on screen - he has made that larger thank life character such believable even when he was sitting in the closet - no meekness, no embarrasment on face - pure honesty and charm - wat an achievement of an actor - and as a fan of the actor makes you so proud  !!!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for liking Priya! 😳 yes, it is not about looks anymore...actually with Barun, it has never been. There is no denying his delicious good looks but it is his acting that takes even his looks to a higher state. I don't know how much of an input the creative team has on Barun's emoting or it is his own understanding but the final product is an astonishingly intelligent portrayal of a complex character and portrayed with such easy charm. I can only wish he gets the recognition he deserves!

and oh here I am, having to complete writing a 800 word piece before 4 pm and look what I am doing!!!!! *facepalm*  *back to MS Word*

[/QUOTE]

by now i guess everyone here knows how much i like barun sobti. so i was thrilled to read this exchange, and mashira your quote on the actor bringing realism.

he is good looking no doubt, and at 27/28 at a certain peak in terms of looks and pure attractiveness i guess. but the day that he saw the scene on the terrace and i watched him watching and reacting, distinctly remember thinking: o my g, the boy has the potential to be a fabulous actor, one we will remember for a long long time.

that's the day he made asr absolutely real for me. even before the drive and the scream of feb 15.

subsequently, during my compulsive rewatches of scenes and episodes, i see the actor again and again. he delights every time. even during the most difficult days of iss pyaar ko, he never let asr down. through all the awkward strange stuff he was asked to do, he managed to keep his character alive and breathing oxygen.

in case you're interested jwmrk wrote a moving piece on him here. 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3099353

do take a look. priya, i hope i'm not breaking any rules. somewhere in the thread i posted too. can't help myself when it comes to perhaps the finest actor i'll watch evolve from first awkward serial, to who knows where and what. 

we are in the days of letting many of our stars and beloved actors go into the night. pleasure to be around as one connects, finds himself, commits to his instinct, and comes into the light. 
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago