Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The real problem at hand (Page 5)

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Aisha Hug

Is this your first post?! You should make them more often.

What a sensible and fabulous post! 

Unfortunately, the CVs and the makers of this show cannot seem to be able to think of any other tracks to keep the story running! 
No wonder they are not willing to let go of the Shyam angle to the story.

A sister who loves her brother so much, has been shown completely insensitive to his current situation - he was kidnapped and just came home...and she does not even bother to ask him how he survived the kidnapping...about how he is holding up...All she keeps thinking about is her hubby...and herself! 
This to me was the most jarring part of the track...and people are not able to sympathize with her, because a majority of the people watch the show for Arhi...and that is a fact...

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Asha_1973Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanaya.Euphoria.Akanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-DelenaNope123Sultan_Of_SwingxAaliya

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
res

ok first things first!
this is honestly the 1st sensible post i saw justifying why this track is wrong the way they r showing it!
all i saw until now was plain out ranting why Daljeet shouldn't have gotten her way and why Anjali is annoying posts!! to which i completely disagreed cz most of them were plain immature and just asking for RV posts!

but this! i couldn't have said it better myself why this situation has arisen!!Clap

the problem here is more than focusing on Anjali's POV, is them NOT focusing on Khushi's POV!! Angry

today i saw them taking the first step towards it with her monologue..but that as i said is just the 1st step..

it better be that this 'make khushi smile' scheme will backfire eventually and she reveals just how hurt she is! and show that quick fixes will only work so far!! that her whole foundation has been damaged instead of just the outer cover(which is the part arnav is trying to fix)!
for gods sake after she gave her life up for the man she loves, he slams her for being responsible for everything that went wrong in her life! and she goes back to joking the very next day? i was just furious with the ME this week (and the rocking TRP of 2 for that day stands proof of that!)Ouch

and also i want Arnav to realize the gravity of what he has subjected her to, THROUGH khushi's OWN reactions!! this is the most important part!!

I might love seeing her laugh and might even smile seeing the cuteness..but i would any day prefer logic!!

I don't even want to talk abt this crap about didi ka sautan (um i had read this in a very early article even before the show started..so they did have the stupid idea in their head but later realizing it won't sell changed the concept)

cz this is clearly not DKS! this is IPKKND!!

anyway basically i don't care if they want to give Anjali footage as long as they give INSIGHTs into Khushi's character, explaining WHY she does WHAT she does!
i want to know WHY part of everything related to her!!

and NO i don't want to keep guessing and end up coming here and try to decipher Khushi's thought process and explain it here on IF for other's to read!! cz MOST people don't get Khushi's thought process unless they are specifically told as i have found out everytime i give explanations on this place!!!

so they better make sure that what Khushi thinks is shown clearly!!
they always say what Arnav thinks! but not Khushi!! and this is the biggest folly they have done with this story!!Ouch

Edited by princessunara - 18 July 2012 at 1:10pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

annieKnonasiLuvBarunSanayaasha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmshockalotCandYlicious_SxAaliya

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by asha...

Having seen so many posts on Anjali, and then Dajeet herself trying to justify the character. I have to say, Cv's ,Daljeet, if you do happen to read this, many of us do understand what Anjali is doing and why, what she's going through,and fair enough, she is mentally unstable. The one person who has always  been there for her is not giving her the attention she is used to and etc. The real problem lies when YOU SAY that Anjali is a parallel lead'.this story is about a sibling relationship'if that's the case then why is the name ''Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon''. why not stick to your original ''Didi ki saut'' 

The show has always been promoted as a love story, a love story between two individuals whose beliefs clash'who want to love but can't'.who want to hate but can't. What happened to the original tagline of this show, what happened to it being a story of a couple who go through pain..hurt'betrayal but their love wins in the end, an exploration of their relationship and their pasts. I didn't see a single promo showing me that Anjali was the parallel lead or that this is a story to explore a sibling relationship. Yes no doubt,  Anjali's character holds a certain importance over other side characters. But I still didn't tune in to watch a brother-sister relationship and watch what happens when one loses a cheat of a husband and the other learns to love'and how the dynamics change between them. If this what the show was to be about why not promote it this way from the beginning  instead of underlining it and then throwing it our faces and telling us to accept it ..or we have the remote in our hands

In reply to a post which I'm guessing you yourselves wrote cvs'yes  it is crucial to show the side characters for the story to move on. Nevertheless it does not go to say that they should become more important then the leads themselves. Whilst your exploring Anjali's feelings I don't have a clue as to what the main lead is feeling after everything she has been put through. The cost of what your showing right now, as always is costing the protagonists characters and your story.  

Regardless, whilst I do believe showing Anjali' feelings are important, it however doesn't go to say that at the same time throw the mature blossoming love story in the bin and give us crap in return to stall the story, so that we understand Anjali'.move it forward. Why is it that everything that has happened between the leads in the last couple of weeks has been forgotten??'thrown under a rug just so that we get to see how Anjali reacts to Arnav loving/ wooing Khushi?? The TRPS going down are very clearly depicting what you are showing'

The show you created is losing its original essence '.Need I say more

Thoughts/ feedbacks 

So well said!

The problem is not with the story. As stories go, it is perfectly fine.
The problem is with what was promised to us and what is being delivered.
Classic, bait and switch tactic.

The very fact that CVs do no listen to TRP numbers clamoring in their ears suggests that they are closed off from all possibilities of acknowledgement of the mistake they have been making and continue to make.
Classic hubris of the showbiz world.

By bemoaning that ' People just want ArHi, ArHi, and more ArHi', and that, 'They do no understand what goes on in the making of a daily soap,', please let me put it that people want ArHi because that was all the five original promos were about. Inf act, it is what the banner is about, the between promos, and all updates.
We pay for something - through cable + products we buy based on ads - and we are allowed to be outraged at the swill being served since Holi episodes.

As to what goes in the making of daily shows, how come I have never heard any other Daily Soap whining and crying about this?
Oh, wait. They actually understand the TRP game and deliver what their audience requests.
The sister-cancer show, for example - almost always in the top 5 rating - had an USP of sibling love, but when they saw that their TRPs increased with the love-story between the leads and parallel leads, they have slightly altered the USP to focus more on that. Audience happy, advertisers happy, PH happy, and CVs, I'm sure, are not sitting and crying in a corner either.

Will the one intelligent brain in the PH and CVs please stand up?

Jayne

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Anita2011saavan_loverannieKSuniMahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayaChaituvasha...Akanksha-.Euphoria.vijji12zafiOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_SwingInfofanprincessunara

vijji12 IF-Rockerz
vijji12
vijji12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi122

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

It is simple, as a member of audience I'm more interested in watching Sanaya on screen. So far I have felt she is the better actor (the best in the show), and is the main character that holds the show together.

I know life is unfair and it sucks, but then people want what they want, and Television audience are known to be ruthless.

As someone has already mentioned, the TRPs will be the biggest proof in the pudding.

maybe we should hire a helicopter to fly over the IPK sets with a banner stating - SANAYA is the main lead - we want to see her more...and then maybe they will understand audience wishes...

they already said na "dekh na hai tho dekho".did ki sauti dikhayenge tho trp bhi dekhenge

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiLuvBarunSanayaJayneasha...OmNaMaSteOm

Sarikakapoor Senior Member
Sarikakapoor
Sarikakapoor

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
I hate to watch family drama specially the kitchen politics. Now they are turning this into DI KI SAUTAN. TRP toh ho jayegi hello hi bye bye. 

I hope this Gautam Hegde comes to his senses. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122JaynenonasiLuvBarunSanayaasha...OmNaMaSteOm

vijji12 IF-Rockerz
vijji12
vijji12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jayne

Originally posted by asha...

Having seen so many posts on Anjali, and then Dajeet herself trying to justify the character. I have to say, Cv's ,Daljeet, if you do happen to read this, many of us do understand what Anjali is doing and why, what she's going through,and fair enough, she is mentally unstable. The one person who has always  been there for her is not giving her the attention she is used to and etc. The real problem lies when YOU SAY that Anjali is a parallel lead'.this story is about a sibling relationship'if that's the case then why is the name ''Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon''. why not stick to your original ''Didi ki saut'' 

The show has always been promoted as a love story, a love story between two individuals whose beliefs clash'who want to love but can't'.who want to hate but can't. What happened to the original tagline of this show, what happened to it being a story of a couple who go through pain..hurt'betrayal but their love wins in the end, an exploration of their relationship and their pasts. I didn't see a single promo showing me that Anjali was the parallel lead or that this is a story to explore a sibling relationship. Yes no doubt,  Anjali's character holds a certain importance over other side characters. But I still didn't tune in to watch a brother-sister relationship and watch what happens when one loses a cheat of a husband and the other learns to love'and how the dynamics change between them. If this what the show was to be about why not promote it this way from the beginning  instead of underlining it and then throwing it our faces and telling us to accept it ..or we have the remote in our hands

In reply to a post which I'm guessing you yourselves wrote cvs'yes  it is crucial to show the side characters for the story to move on. Nevertheless it does not go to say that they should become more important then the leads themselves. Whilst your exploring Anjali's feelings I don't have a clue as to what the main lead is feeling after everything she has been put through. The cost of what your showing right now, as always is costing the protagonists characters and your story.  

Regardless, whilst I do believe showing Anjali' feelings are important, it however doesn't go to say that at the same time throw the mature blossoming love story in the bin and give us crap in return to stall the story, so that we understand Anjali'.move it forward. Why is it that everything that has happened between the leads in the last couple of weeks has been forgotten??'thrown under a rug just so that we get to see how Anjali reacts to Arnav loving/ wooing Khushi?? The TRPS going down are very clearly depicting what you are showing'

The show you created is losing its original essence '.Need I say more

Thoughts/ feedbacks 

So well said!

The problem is not with the story. As stories go, it is perfectly fine.
The problem is with what was promised to us and what is being delivered.
Classic, bait and switch tactic.

The very fact that CVs do no listen to TRP numbers clamoring in their ears suggests that they are closed off from all possibilities of acknowledgement of the mistake they have been making and continue to make.
Classic hubris of the showbiz world.

By bemoaning that ' People just want ArHi, ArHi, and more ArHi', and that, 'They do no understand what goes on in the making of a daily soap,', please let me put it that people want ArHi because that was all the five original promos were about. Inf act, it is what the banner is about, the between promos, and all updates.
We pay for something - through cable + products we buy based on ads - and we are allowed to be outraged at the swill being served since Holi episodes.

As to what goes in the making of daily shows, how come I have never heard any other Daily Soap whining and crying about this?
Oh, wait. They actually understand the TRP game and deliver what their audience requests.
The sister-cancer show, for example - almost always in the top 5 rating - had an USP of sibling love, but when they saw that their TRPs increased with the love-story between the leads and parallel leads, they have slightly altered the USP to focus more on that. Audience happy, advertisers happy, PH happy, and CVs, I'm sure, are not sitting and crying in a corner either.

Will the one intelligent brain in the PH and CVs please stand up?

Jayne

whatever u said is very true.they dont want to accept the fact that the show is love story.Daddy of the show is very obsessed with didi ki sauti concept,but they want popularity through main lead.this is the only PH where they are under storng determination to ruin their own fame and name.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122JaynenonasiAkanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOm

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Casablanca12nonasiLuvBarunSanayaJaynevijji12Akanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmprincessunaraxAaliya

asha... IF-Rockerz
asha...
asha...

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Euphoria.

Aisha!! A big Khushi wala hug for you for this sensible post.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is a star-crossed love story presenting an interesting contrast of personalities entwined in a relationship swinging between love & hate. Khushi and Arnav have diametrically opposite ideologies. If Khushi believes in means, Arnav believes only in ends. Khushi's relationships are the most important to her, whereas Arnav believes all people come with a price and can be manipulated for one's benefit. Khushi, an 18 year old from UP, is simple, rooted in family and is driven by a clear moral compass. She stands for what she believes in, and never lets go of her inculcated values. She will not change herself to conform to people's shallow expectations. In stark contrast, Arnav is a 28 year old self made, ruthless, 'win at all costs' man who believes everything can be bought in the world, including love. He has no consideration for relationships and no qualms for using & manipulating people as pawns to achieve his ambitions. As the story progresses, their love-hate relationship witnesses a series of dramatic conflicts. While Arnav constantly tries to break Khushi's steadfast morals just in order to prove to himself that he can control everyone; Khushi on the other hand, tries to always follow her values & morals.

This is the summary of the show posted here on IF.

There's no mention of this suddenly important brother-sister relationship, and how Anjali is important enough a character to be a parallel lead never mind main lead.

Deny it all they may, but right now, Khushi and her track of thoughts are fading away...Such an infamous argument happened between A and K when Arnav blamed everything on Khushi, and what do we see? Anjali getting annoyed at them two celebrating Khushi's birthday.

Whattay disappointment Ouch

A big bear wala hug back at you for being first ... :P

Exactly, just for Anjali the leads are paying...

The fact that they are trying to sell the story of as didi ki saut a year later..shows the cvs professionalism very well 

@ Bold: Ermmm I have no words for that...this sidetracking needs to stop..first it happened in the name of comedy then IPL and now for Anjali...You'd the think the cvs would learn their lesson the first time round !

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanaya.Euphoria.Akanksha-zafivijji12OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top