India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The real problem at hand (Page 4)

Firebolt IF-Rockerz
Firebolt
Firebolt

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
The show has always been promoted as a love story, a love story between two individuals whose beliefs clash…who want to love but can't….who want to hate but can't. What happened to the original tagline of this show, what happened to it being a story of a couple who go through pain..hurt…betrayal but their love wins in the end, an exploration of their relationship and their pasts.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Smile

*sigh*

I really hate what they've done pretty much every character on the show. Anjali, I understand that she's very much a grey character and she really does have potential. But I would like her much better if Arhi took center stage and she happened around them.

I've always liked the way Gul and Nissar told their stories and I'm hoping against all odds that they realize what they promised. They afterall decided to name the show IPKKND and NOT didi ki saut.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanaya.Euphoria.Akanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmxAaliyaprincessunara

sanja_here IF-Rockerz
sanja_here
sanja_here

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_d23

I as a viewer relate to Khushi's pain even after she hide behind the mask but i for the life of me can't feel any sympathy for Anjali... so my only question to Daljeet is...IF you are doing your job and is justifying Anjali... then why we as viewers cant relate to your loss... your shock... even after shedding CryCryCry... 

either you are not doing justice to Anjali or something wrong with the scripting or direction of these scenes...

this is the point..Clap...i even created a topic regarding this...y they r forcing us????Confused

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122Sayali_23Akanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOm

asumasan Senior Member
asumasan
asumasan

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_d23

I as a viewer relate to Khushi's pain even after she hide behind the mask but i for the life of me can't feel any sympathy for Anjali... so my only question to Daljeet is...IF you are doing your job and is justifying Anjali... then why we as viewers cant relate to your loss... your shock... even after shedding CryCryCry... 

either you are not doing justice to Anjali or something wrong with the scripting or direction of these scenes...

Well said ...couldn't agree more Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122Sayali_23asha...zafi

Chaituv IF-Rockerz
Chaituv
Chaituv

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CDlove

Whilst your exploring Anjali's feelings I don't have a clue as to what the main lead is feeling after everything she has been put through. The cost of what your showing right now, as always is costing the protagonists characters and your story.

this- this is what is bothering me. They seem to show the scenes from Anjali's perspective while we have no idea what Khushi's thinking. Suddenly everything revolves around anjali, how anjali sees rabba ves, how anjali sees her chotte's actions.

What about the female lead's perspective? we saw the show in Khushi's eyes uptill a week back. Now we see it in Anjlai's eyes. I have seen more and more of this tendency and Khushi's importance of character seems to get sidelined consistently.

And it's bothering me. A lot.

Exactly! This is what bothering me more, why r they sidelining kushi's feelings, why r they not showing her  sorrow? I don't mind Anjali's screen presence as she is an imp character too for the story to move. But again they r simply failing to balance Kushi,s Character! What abt her perspective? Why is it not shown?  We here analysise , discuss n understand her character , but they r flatly failing to show kushi's feelings to Trp audience !Better they realise it soon !

Edited by Chaituv - 18 July 2012 at 6:58pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanaya.Euphoria.Akanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmxAaliya

princesspurple Senior Member
princesspurple
princesspurple

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by asha...

Having seen so many posts on Anjali, and then Dajeet herself trying to justify the character. I have to say, Cv's ,Daljeet, if you do happen to read this, many of us do understand what Anjali is doing and why, what she's going through,and fair enough, she is mentally unstable. The one person who has always  been there for her is not giving her the attention she is used to and etc. The real problem lies when YOU SAY that Anjali is a parallel lead'.this story is about a sibling relationship'if that's the case then why is the name ''Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon''. why not stick to your original ''Didi ki saut'' 

The show has always been promoted as a love story, a love story between two individuals whose beliefs clash'who want to love but can't'.who want to hate but can't. What happened to the original tagline of this show, what happened to it being a story of a couple who go through pain..hurt'betrayal but their love wins in the end, an exploration of their relationship and their pasts. I didn't see a single promo showing me that Anjali was the parallel lead or that this is a story to explore a sibling relationship. Yes no doubt,  Anjali's character holds a certain importance over other side characters. But I still didn't tune in to watch a brother-sister relationship and watch what happens when one loses a cheat of a husband and the other learns to love'and how the dynamics change between them. If this what the show was to be about why not promote it this way from the beginning  instead of underlining it and then throwing it our faces and telling us to accept it ..or we have the remote in our hands

In reply to a post which I'm guessing you yourselves wrote cvs'yes  it is crucial to show the side characters for the story to move on. Nevertheless it does not go to say that they should become more important then the leads themselves. Whilst your exploring Anjali's feelings I don't have a clue as to what the main lead is feeling after everything she has been put through. The cost of what your showing right now, as always is costing the protagonists characters and your story.  

Regardless, whilst I do believe showing Anjali' feelings are important, it however doesn't go to say that at the same time throw the mature blossoming love story in the bin and give us crap in return to stall the story, so that we understand Anjali'.move it forward. Why is it that everything that has happened between the leads in the last couple of weeks has been forgotten??'thrown under a rug just so that we get to see how Anjali reacts to Arnav loving/ wooing Khushi?? The TRPS going down are very clearly depicting what you are showing'

The show you created is losing its original essence '.Need I say more

Thoughts/ feedbacks 

I completely agree with your post.  I think an additional problem that occurred was them (don't remember if it was CV or PH) revealing that this show was suppose to be called Didi ki saut and that Anjali was suppose to be the lead, etc.  Had they not revealed this information, the audience would not be so upset with the team.

I agree that they do need to show what's going on in Khushi's mind and how she is coping after the aftermath.  We know that Arnav feels guilty about everything and Anjali's feelings are important but I'd kind of like to know what's going on in Khushi's mind once in a while.

Mahi122nonasiasha...OmNaMaSteOm

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
RES

YOU MADE A POST *rubs eyes* - Caps lock to emphasise my shock.

I shall be back.

By the way, I have the other brother in my avatar, but Ian/Damon/Ian/Damon still be mine.
Toodles.

Mahi122nonasi.Euphoria.asha...

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiLuvBarunSanayaAkanksha-asha...zafiChaituvSultan_Of_SwingOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

vijji12 IF-Rockerz
vijji12
vijji12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
u r post is bang on.why this sudeen obsession with did ki sauti for cv's and cast of the show are promoting it?when they promoted its a love hate story ,they created history with the same concept,they got so many fans through this show,and now they are ruining everything with this new moto didi ki sauti.

there is something really wrong with direction and scripting of the show,after shyam exposed ,intensity has gone and sudden comedy.trps are going to speak really.Gul said intense redemption track,what happend to that.they should realize its a love story and people watch it for main lead .and we enjoy watching suppoting cast too.they are always taking the story from original track to some irrelevent track.hope they will get back to intense love story.why are they hiding the terrace scene from Anjali when everything is out what is the purpose of hiding that?no clarity in that.

Edited by vijji12 - 18 July 2012 at 12:53pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayaasha...zafiOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top