India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The real problem at hand (Page 2)

appy_12 Goldie
appy_12
appy_12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Exactly!! They're concentrating on Anjali.. I mean, this has been a big blow for her, yes. But what about these two people who've been married because of that one misunderstanding, the result of which they are facing now?

Khushi has gone through so much for saving him. She even put up with the leech she was saving this family from. Is this not a difficult phase for her? How is she so chirpy and normal? So normal, that instead of looking out for her own relationship with her husband whom she actually loves, she is going and trying to settle disputes in her sister's marriage! How is that possible? 

Great post, by the way! :)

Edited by appy_12 - 18 July 2012 at 11:24am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Jeevitha.PhopethisworksMahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayaboyznakaAkanksha-asha...SeerialLoopszafiSultan_Of_SwingOmNaMaSteOmxAaliyaprincessunara

.SublimeSaRun. Senior Member
.SublimeSaRun.
.SublimeSaRun.

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
"Need I say more"... Honestly, leave it to the TRPs to speak from now on. I was actually happy to see TRPs at 2.0 (even if it was a mistake). Because sooner or later, 2.0 will be a sad reality for this show. 3.0 was just a trailer this week... Picture aabhi baaki hai GH! Evil Smile He has taken his audience for granted and I want him to realize this. It will be a slow but definite trend in TRPs dropping if they keep going back to this Didi Ki Saut concept.

These people are hell bent on making it Didi Ki Saut. How do they begin to deem such a regressive idea as "Nayi Sooch"!! I've written this countless times, Didi Ki Saut is a retrograde concept! It's just a new twist on the ever-existent idea of Saas-Bahu. And you are right, we have actually been kept in the dark about this all along. If this was Didi Ki Saut and Anjali played such a pivotal role in the story, then why, oh WHY was she not in a SINGLE promo in the beginning? Why did they hype up "Nafrat Paas Aane Na De Mohobat Door Jaane Na De"?? Why did they say it's a star-crossed love story and suddenly switch gears when we have become obsessed with this show? Why have we been fooled for so long?LOL 

Again, I say don't waste your breath. Let the crazy CVs do their job, and let the TRPs do it's job... GH is not going to take critism, he cannot handle it. Instead he will put up lame excuses about his "hardwork". And he will show just how "hard" he's worked by drawing pictures of Chamkili and her Lard Governer for everyone to admire on twitter. That's his idea of "working hard" ..Clap *Bravo, Bravo Mr. Hedge!* Long live, "dekhna hai toh dekho".. It will definitely take you far! Thumbs Up
~Puja~

Edited by .SublimeSaRun. - 18 July 2012 at 11:49am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

hopethisworksMahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayablue.kindleAkanksha-asha....Euphoria.OmNaMaSteOmincandescentSultan_Of_SwingxAaliyaprincessunara

blue.kindle IF-Rockerz
blue.kindle
blue.kindle

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Euphoria.

Aisha!! A big Khushi wala hug for you for this sensible post.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon is a star-crossed love story presenting an interesting contrast of personalities entwined in a relationship swinging between love & hate. Khushi and Arnav have diametrically opposite ideologies. If Khushi believes in means, Arnav believes only in ends. Khushi's relationships are the most important to her, whereas Arnav believes all people come with a price and can be manipulated for one's benefit. Khushi, an 18 year old from UP, is simple, rooted in family and is driven by a clear moral compass. She stands for what she believes in, and never lets go of her inculcated values. She will not change herself to conform to people's shallow expectations. In stark contrast, Arnav is a 28 year old self made, ruthless, 'win at all costs' man who believes everything can be bought in the world, including love. He has no consideration for relationships and no qualms for using & manipulating people as pawns to achieve his ambitions. As the story progresses, their love-hate relationship witnesses a series of dramatic conflicts. While Arnav constantly tries to break Khushi's steadfast morals just in order to prove to himself that he can control everyone; Khushi on the other hand, tries to always follow her values & morals.

This is the summary of the show posted here on IF.

There's no mention of this suddenly important brother-sister relationship, and how Anjali is important enough a character to be a parallel lead never mind main lead.

Deny it all they may, but right now, Khushi and her track of thoughts are fading away...Such an infamous argument happened between A and K when Arnav blamed everything on Khushi, and what do we see? Anjali getting annoyed at them two celebrating Khushi's birthday.

Whattay disappointment Ouch

What! You are disappointed? This was the zabardast twist! The awesome track.! The beautiful story line! LOL 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanaya.Euphoria.Akanksha-asha...OmNaMaSteOm

shockalot IF-Sizzlerz
shockalot
shockalot

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
I'm torn between everyone's arguments on the forum because i actually see importance in Anjali's track. I am thoroughly interested in how she'll cope with the fact that she's 'lost' her reign over the two most important people in her life, and that too to one person. The reality of it is that Khushi didn't intentionally do very much, but to a damaged person like Anjali, what she needs is one source to pour all blame and hatred on and Khushi seems to be the best choice right now. To her, it appears as if Khushi is the root of all problems and so she will have ill-feelings towards her and Arnav's love for her. 

So yes, i am interested in her track. Immensely actually. 

But, i'm interested in it as a subplot of the whole picture - and it's this whole picture that's kind of derailed off track. 

Like Euphoria quoted, the summary of the show specifically states that IPK is a story of two individuals who's morals, values and beliefs are completely contrasting and yet, they feel this inexplainable pull towards each other. And as much as they try to best each other and come out on top, they're stuck in this never-ending cycle of attraction, co-dependance and differing ideologies. That seems to be lost right now...i'd love to see what's really going on in Khushi's mind over the current status of her relationship with Arnav. Likewise, i want Arnav to really sit down and think about the past year and why Khushi would be upset with him. Where is the intensity and depth of these characters? It seems to have faded away. The comedy is fine, i'm enjoying it, but to take over the central plot such that you can't even take the situation at hand seriously, that's a problem for me. 

I'm enjoying the show, but at the moment, this is not what I imagined would happen. I'm in the minority right now but i wasn't looking for cheese and romance. I am waiting for the day when ASR will go back to his dark brooding mannerisms and retain some of the personality traits that made him ASR. Give me plot and character development over silly forced Rabba Ves anyday. But give the two leads a solid laid out story in which there is a logical path that they're both following. Stick to what the story was initially about - if i can sit here and write a half-decent plot and scenes, i'm sure the CVs are more qualified and experienced in such fields - use your creativity and bring back the core concept of the show. 

OH and one more concern - this show was advertised as an intense love story...intense, passionate, consuming...where is that? That's what I signed up for Ouch I'm not asking for an overexposure to romance, heck, i'm ok without it, i just want my angsty scenes back between Arnav-Khushi. 

Edited by shockalot - 18 July 2012 at 11:40am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Jeevitha.PhopethisworksHessa85Erika1SuniMahi122nonasi--Yashi--.Euphoria.Akanksha-anjaani07asha...KielyCandYlicious_SsareetaprincessunaraxAaliya

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

julaikhahopethisworksLuvBarunSanayaAkanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOm

blue.kindle IF-Rockerz
blue.kindle
blue.kindle

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Updated my rant on Page 1. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asha...

ashuvh Groupbie
ashuvh
ashuvh

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you...Everyone is trying to justify Anjali's character,but they do not get our point that we want a continuation of the storyline without a sudden break and change of direction...Khushi, who is the main sufferer has been side-lined..Are her feelings so in-significant...GH says she's the strong one...What the hell?? I mean they have to show Khushi's emotions for the TRP's to rise...It's becoming a romantic comedy between the leads instead of an intense love-story...And Arnav was about to open her blouse in the hut-scene...has he forgotten all about saying ILU to her...why this sudden return to square 1...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayaAkanksha-asha...zafiOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

CHIPPEDCUP IF-Sizzlerz
CHIPPEDCUP
CHIPPEDCUP

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
More than Did Ka Saut it has become Mere Borther Ki Dulhaan.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122nonasiLuvBarunSanayaAkanksha-asha...zafi--Yashi--OmNaMaSteOmsareetapinky_blueskiesprincessunara

Go to top