Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

18/7 Dragon Club: Stage Fright (Page 16)

redeye2012 Goldie
redeye2012
redeye2012

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

There is actually so much to this episode. Since I have morning meetings, have to keep it brief with a quick character-wise assessment...

SP: Star of the show who seems to bowled over by everything Aarti does now. His support was awesome in a funny/fun sort of way. 

Ansh: Sub-Star 1- Wondering about his banishment to the sidelines from being the centre of attention

G3: Turned back into a yes-woman

Aarti: Everything in her favor and an expected victory over Bua

Payal: As usual, the happiest member of the family

Palak: Delighted by her success 

Yash: Even SP showed more variations in his admiration of Aarti. Yash really needs to loosen his facial muscles a bit.

Bua: Bua needs to step up her game and in private if she doesn't want to look the fool

Prateek: Sub-star 2-With his budding insecurity and jealousy - worrying for him

Paridhi: Becoming more and more embarrassed for Prateek and shows a little dip in her energy levels (on her way to depression)

Best Scene: When Payal runs to Yash as Palak and he hug each other and he ribs Payal about giving a speech as well. Natural and Outstanding

'That's a coup' Moment: Topic of the debate-Rain!!! Clap

Episode One-Line Review: An expected success for Aarti with Bua floundering and everybody else  wearing Go Aarti T-shirts.

Edited by redeye2012 - 18 July 2012 at 7:49pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictlamstarantulla_pangakePearl_27nirmalac99KamliKudiInduG64ZetterMelodiousDreamssaf24SamanalyseAngeloScurojyoti06yipeeroseinbloompickachu

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
@Saf: Ah, Yash's reaction to Aarti's announcement that Palak had agreed to give a speech was great! Forgot to mention that in my take...Thanks for being so consistent with the details in every take of yours, buddy!

@Red: LOL at your inclusion of Payal in your character assessment (which was awesome!) Agree about Yash's expressions...Maybe next time?

I want a Go Aarti! t-shirt! Seriously.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99Pearl_27KamliKudiangakeInduG64Zettersaf24SamanalyseAngeloScurojyoti06roseinbloompickachu

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
By the time it ended, I had in me this huge respect for the episode and the makers in extension. The emotional playout among the three children vis-a-vis their responses and reactions to their mother and family was sensitively and correctly presented. A mother of more than one child walks a thin line of balance daily...a line of neutrality and equality. If she scolds one, she might be accused of being biased and more loving and attentive to other. If one is in trouble and demands more of the mother's attention, the other would create a tantrum just out of envy or go into a shell of insecurity. It's a daily musical of harmonious symphony that a mother plays out among her children. Well, it is rightfully said that God couldn't be everywhere, so he made mothers...because only a mother can look at each of her children with equal vision.

So, it was not surprising that the son who till now was the apple of his mother's eye would suddenly feel threatened and neglected by the bonding that was going on between her and his sister in exclusivity. And God help the person who tries to cash in on this vulnerable situation and try to put the mother in a spot by openly dealing out the competition card...aha...bua, bua, bua, "When will you learn that adult games should not involve children?" 

The world talks to the mind; a mother talks to the heart. 

A mother understands what her child does not say. Aarti looks at Palak and instinctively knows she is hiding...hiding behind her fear; and all the false aggression and angry outbursts coupled with lies are just feeble shields to protect this weakness. Others may not understand but the mother does...when others hear excuses coated with lies, she hears this, "I don't like hiding. I don't like playing fake n' phony games. I want to stop playing them. I want to be genuine and spontaneous and fearless and me...just me. But you have to help me. You've got to hold out your hand, even if it is the last thing I seem to want. A long conviction of worthlessness have made me build these walls. Please don't pass me by...but break them down with your love, your understanding, and your trust. Believe in me. Set me free."

Aarti is angry...at bua...at her underhanded accusation doubting her maternal feelings. As long as it was one on one, Aarti dealt with the malice with the indifference it deserved...but now bua dares to use her daughter in her game of one-upmanship...and that has raised her hackles. With the family backing her, trusting her and with Yash completely supporting her, Aarti goes to reason it out with Palak...in spite of the ugly arguments of bua who rakes up the recent past of the birthday fiasco to try to defend her reasoning. Later, she is directly challenged by Aarti to stay put and bear witness to Palak's triumph in a play of undercurrents conveyed through eyes. Bua sees her last pawn being snatched from her...she sees herself standing alone in her family whose trust and admiration have been completely usurped by Aarti, and has no option but to let her fangs lie low...to be raised at the next opportune moment!!!

Aarti walks in the children's room, focusing completely on Palak. Ansh tries his best to gain her attention, to make her see his way and is disappointed when she deals with him firmly and asks him to leave her and Palak alone to have their talk. That goes through to Palak...one of her biggest grudges was that Aarti played mother only to Ansh, which might have been a correct observation a few weeks back...but not now, and that is exactly what Aarti had to convince her first: that this is their time...and that she, her mother, is there to solve any issues she has without paying heed to anyone else. Slowly but surely Aarti draws Palak out of her shell. She conveys to Palak that it is OK to feel fear and that she is not the only one who is going through this. Aarti lets her daughter in on her own childhood experience of dealing with similar fear of stage fright. Palak's curiosity is tickled as she empathizes with her mother...and slowly opens up to her...and just like that Aarti is allowed to pull down the wall and reach out: Palak agrees to Aarti's suggestion to say the speech in front of the family...an audience that would never mock her or sit in judgment but only motivate her; the experience would only enhance her confidence...and that was Aarti's main objective...that Palak should gain her footing in familiar milieu first. While she is getting her speech ready, Aarti goes and conveys the positive outcome to the family, who anyways had complete faith in her. She suggests that Palak should be encouraged all the way with clapping. Yash looks on with complete awe and admiration...the magic wand at work yet again, right Yash!!!

Aarti leads her daughter holding her hand...and when she halts in nervousness, Aarti is right beside her to say the encouraging words that would make Palak take the next step. With her mother beside her, and her father, siblings, and grandparents in front, Palak begins haltingly at first but soon gains confidence at the the encouragement emanating from all...finally finishing with an aplomb. Yash, a proud father, is thrilled and engulfs Palak in a bear hug along with Payal. In all this bonhomie, Ansh feels alone and ignored...

Children learn through gentle direction and persuasive teaching.

Aside:
  • The tide has turned in such a short time: Whence Aarti has succeeded in gaining everybody's trust, cracks are beginning to appear in Prateek/Pari's relationship.  Evidently, a love marriage does not come with a lifelong certificate of mutual trust and blind faith. One obscure note from a stranger, though ignored by Pari, shakes Prateek's faith. Pari, who came into the family in total acceptance of everyone now stands to lose her husband's trust for no fault of her own. Goes to prove that trust is the main binder in any relationship...love alone stands no chance!!!

That's it friends. Bua begins her next dirty game...but we know how Yash and Aarti are going to tackle it. They will manage to shift the competitiveness from the children to themselves, so that Ansh and Palak are do not have any bad blood between them. 

Have a nice day. Smile

Edited by InduG64 - 18 July 2012 at 10:15pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99kriti07Pearl_27KamliKudiangakebbbcccMelodiousDreamsAllbut1saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06yipeeroseinbloomEnchantedForestpickachu

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:50pm | IP Logged

Ahhh Borna, I was dying to read your thoughts today. Did you notice how ethereally beautiful KS looked when Aarti was trying to build Palak's confidence. Her smile held such warmth, her eyes held such love and her words had such understanding, it was clear that Palak was melting. 

I too loved the little rain speech for everything it symbolized. I especially loved the part where Palak talks about her little garden and colorful flowers and butterflies. How symbolic. Aarti did come into her life unexpectedly like the rains and when she finally learns to trust Aarti and love Aarti, Palak's life too would be colorful like the flowers in her garden.

@ Red, fantastic  take my friend.  Go Aarti Tshirt! I want one too. 

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99KamliKudiPearl_27bbbcccsaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroMelodiousDreamsInduG64Zetterjyoti06roseinbloompickachu

MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
@Indu: I just relived the episode again while reading your take! The "play of undercurrents conveyed through eyes" was perhaps my most favorite moment during the first half of the episode as far as the Aarti-Maya battle is concerned. The glint in Aarti's eyes and the smile on her face as she silently challenges Bua...I was super impressed with Kratika because of that one second!

Honestly, as much as I don't like seeing Maya Bua in the episodes, there is something amusing about watching her try to break Aarti's resolve.

Ah, the magic wand is at work, yes!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012KamliKudibbbcccangakekriti07Pearl_27saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterlulujjjjjyoti06roseinbloompickachu

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged

@ Indu, as always wonderful! I love the quote you have today:

Children learn through gentle direction and persuasive teaching.

So true. I loved how Aarti used her own personal experience to boost up Palak's confidence. What she did was validate Palak's fear yet at the same time show her that she has the strength to overcome her fear. And we got a glimpse of little Aarti- the one that stammered yet had the willpower to overcome her perceived weakness. It gives us a slight understanding on how she became who she is, isn't it?

Loved what you wrote about P&P. It saddens me even though I understand that these two have to go through some turbulence to understand that if you want to build a house it has to be brick by brick pretty much like what Yash and Aarti are doing at the moment.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012nirmalac99Pearl_27bbbcccsaf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64MelodiousDreamsZetterjyoti06roseinbloompickachu

MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angake

Ahhh Borna, I was dying to read your thoughts today. Did you notice how ethereally beautiful KS looked when Aarti was trying to build Palak's confidence. Her smile held such warmth, her eyes held such love and her words had such understanding, it was clear that Palak was melting. 

I too loved the little rain speech for everything it symbolized. I especially loved the part where Palak talks about her little garden and colorful flowers and butterflies. How symbolic. Aarti did come into her life unexpectedly like the rains and when she finally learns to trust Aarti and love Aarti, Palak's life too would be colorful like the flowers in her garden.

Hey Kirthi! Big smile

*sigh* Trust you to mention Kratika around me and initiate a cascade of tumbling dominoes...
I loved every second of the scene in the children's room! She looked beautiful, for all the reasons you described...And the vocal inflection during her dialogues as Aarti switched from being gentle with Palak to being stern with Ansh to sounding like a hesitant, fearful little girl during the anecdote, along with those present-day-Aarti narrations/commentaries...Ahh, I LOVE how melodious Kratika's voice is! She has so much control over the variations in her tone...Forever impressive, this woman!

The background music for that scene was so pretty, too!

Your insight about the garden with its flowers and butterflies is wonderful! It was so much like Aarti to write about the beauty of the rains in that way, but the comparison of the rains nurturing little flowers and helping them grow to the way Aarti is doing everything in her power to nurture her daughter is so sweet!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012KamliKudikriti07Pearl_27angakebbbcccnirmalac99saf24SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterjyoti06roseinbloompickachu

saf24 IF-Rockerz
saf24
saf24

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
@ Borna: Thanks. When I saw that piece my mind actually ran on you since you normally pick up on all these beautiful moments.

@ Indu: Fab take. I think you outdid yourself today. 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictredeye2012Pearl_27KamliKudiangakebbbcccMelodiousDreamsInduG64SamanalyseAngeloScuroZetterjyoti06roseinbloompickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index