Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

18/7 Dragon Club: Stage Fright (Page 11)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Episode Analysis

Aarti and Palak's interactions in today's episode completely melted my heart and made me relive the essence of what this show is about, bonds formed from the heart that exceed those of blood and the strictures of society. Today there was a thread that connected Aarti to Palak, in something as simple as stage fright and something as complex as a lonely childhood, spent overcoming fears and insecurities to triumph and love oneself. Somewhere I feel like Aarti is herself discovering herself through Palak, with each of Palak's triumphs echoing her own, reminding her of who she used to be before Prashant defined her as a failure.

Today was Bua's worst nightmare and I think that is why we sort of saw the episode through her eyes (me justifying to myself why exactly I had to put up with so much of her). Her barbs, her touching of sensitive topics without care and her emotional manipulation did not work for her today, as every one turned, not only in support of Aarti, but a little different than they were before. Gayatri had faith and security that Aarti would be able to make Palak understand. SP was an emotional fool today, by his normal standards, and had his first genuine grand-fatherly moment when he eagerly leaned forward for Palak's speech and spontaneously started clapping overenthusiastically after she had read the mere topic of her presentation (How cute was that? LOL)! And most importantly, Yash was proactive and supported Aarti completely in her efforts. He played his part to perfection and so Bua hung on to the last string, Palak, convinced that Palak could never forgive Aarti for what had happened at the birthday party.

The best and most sensitive part of the episode was undoubtedly the triangle of Palak-Aarti-Ansh. I liked how they showed that Ansh has somehow caught on that his mother is not paying him as much attention as she used to, which is good for him in the long run, but will naturally effect him now, and make him feel left out and neglected while adjusts to the change of being one of his mother's three children, rather than her whole world. He is baffled that nothing he does seems to impress her anymore, when his slightest move would send her running in five different directions to make his every whim come true.

He also sees her efforts with Palak, her constantly asking about her and so the rivalry and the sense of competition make him try to portray Palak in a bad light to his mother, saying that Payal and he changed from their uniforms like "good boys" (ROFL) while Palak hasn't budged. I think in some ways he sees himself as his mother's equal in this situation, helping her take care of Palak and Payal, as shown by his constantly "helping" her with the truth and appraising her of the situation, and is not taking well to the fact that his equals are in fact Palak and Payal themselves. But there is a reason that Aarti relaxed her hold on Ansh: Yash, and his clear devotion to becoming Ansh's father and that will, I think come into play with the precap scenario for tomorrow.

And now finally to Aarti and Palak. I just loved how Aarti systematically tackled the layered problems that compounded into Palak's stage fright. First Aarti dealt with Palak's loneliness. Before she even began to consciously tackle Palak's problem, she made herself a little door into her heart by focusing her attention on her, not even letting Ansh get in the way. This is probably why there was a change in Palak from when she wouldn't even let Aarti touch her bag, to when she heard her out about her childhood experiences. In the same vein of battling Palak's loneliness and isolation, Aarti told her that she had the same problem when she was a child, ensuring Palak both that she was not the only one who had this problem and that it was by no means insurmountable.

Second, Aarti spoke only of her own experience and allowed Palak to associate it with her present situation. Aarti spoke of her conquering her fear and allowed Palak to open up about her desire to win first place in the competition. By this method, Aarti made the initiative and motivation feel to Palak like it was coming from herself rather than forced on her by Aarti, an external force. Finally, Aarti found a way to boost her confidence in a way that was both secure and validating. Palak would speak in front of people who would never judge her, and maybe give her an extra boost (SP! I just can't get over him today) but would give her an idea of what it was like to speak in front of a group of people, and she was right their beside her the whole time. She gave Palak a taste of success, so that she would build the drive to fight harder for it.

But I think the scene that took the cake and the bakery for me was when Aarti was leading Palak to the hall, holding her hand and Palak stopped her and just looked at her with so much self doubt and fear. Aarti was so gentle, making her understand that everyone wanted her to succeed and be happy, everyone loved her very much and everyone knew she could do it. She gave Palak the faith that she was not alone, but had all the support of the family and Aarti's hand to hold onto whenever she needed to. That just did me in!

Her speech was of course, precious and oddly symbolic considering Aarti and Yash's relationship with rain.

Aside: I like the possessive Prateek, and I think Paridhi did too, but she doesn't know how dangerous it is to hide what she sees as a harmless fact from him. To her, it is beneath notice, but to him it is eating away at him, perhaps because he knows deep down that he hasn't lived up to being her husband...I look forward to see where this goes.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

sunny.pvTelly.AddictEva JQangakePearl_27KamliKudiInduG64Zetterjyoti06skanda12jikky_84roseinbloompickachu

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

@Mansi : Thats an awesome take ClapClap and even I liked the whole lot of positivity that comes out from the episode even though it might look like a filler ...Its really good to see that Aarti today was calling the shots in Scindia mansion while rest of the family members r just following her because they trust her completely StarStarStar ...

I still remember earlier when principle complained about Palak and that time Aarti told  everyone about how Palak needs to b treated like a kid and her confidence needs to go up , Yash took offense and asked Aarti to stay out of it since he knows how to handle his kids Ouch..Today same Yash and everyone in the family is giving full support to Aarti's ideas Embarrassed...Such a positive change Embarrassed

Telly.AddictlamsEva JQPearl_27nirmalac99KamliKudiInduG64Zettersaf24Samanalysejikky_84skanda12pickachu

skanda12 IF-Sizzlerz
skanda12
skanda12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
@Jyoti: Lovely take!ClapClapClapClap I loved that bit about Palak's speech on "Barsaat" being a loop closure! That was terrific insight!

Regarding Ansh, I feel this is not just a chance for Aarti to grow closer to Palak by helping er but also a chance for Aarti to demonstrate to her own son Ansh, that she is now mother of all three kids and not just of him. Ansh needs to learn how to share his mother with Palak and Payal.

It is sad that he too has ambitions to win the first prize, but I think it will take some one-on-one talk between Aarti and Ansh to make him also yield his ambitions this one time for Palak to win and gain self-esteem. I hope Ansh can be a good brother this time. He can always get other chances to be a good orator, but this time he needs to let Palak find her place.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.AddictPiielamsEva JQangakeKamliKudiInduG64Zettersaf24Samanalysejyoti06roseinbloomjikky_84pickachu

skanda12 IF-Sizzlerz
skanda12
skanda12

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
@Samana: I loved you analysis today!ClapClapClapClap Your sentence about "bonds formed from the heart that exceed those of blood and the strictures of society" gave me gooseflesh! How true!

You've really gone into the detail of how Aarti managed to give Palak her empowerment, and I completely agree with your view of all this. In fact, as I also mentioned in my take, I thought it was rather clever of Aarti not to ask Palak to trust her, but instead to do everything she could to help Palak trust her own self and find her empowerment and her voice.

That scene of Aarti leading a scared Palak through the corridor into the living room to face the family and give her speech was very lovely. You could not have guessed that Aarti was not Palak's real mother, if you saw that scene. There was so much empathy there.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99KamliKudiEva JQangakePearl_27saf24SamanalyseInduG64Zetterjyoti06jikky_84roseinbloompickachu

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
@Aparna: I don't think Palak's fears will go away entirely from this episode but you have to start somewhere and Aarti has started with her speaking in front of the family. As for Aarti writing a speech for Ansh, I think she had every intention of doing that, as shown in the last scene where she said she would write his speech after giving Palak rasgulla. But then Bua puts her in the weird position of "deciding" who is going to win...and now that that idea is out there it is going to seem like Aarti set up the winner. Hence enter Yash to even things out and save Aarti from having to choose her favourite kid.

@Jyo: I didn't think about the support dialogue coming into play here, but it works . Yash will have to save Aarti from this fix, by taking care of Ansh while Aarti takes care of Palak. Yash's commitment is the only reason Aarti relaxed her hold on Ansh so it is time for him to live up to it. And OMG, did I love your observation about the rain as her topic!

@Mansi: This is now one of my favourite analyses from you! I loved the idea of the trust dividend that Aarti has gained with the entire family and the exploration of why that is deeper than love in many ways. Yash and Palak are the two most stubborn members of her new family, firmly mired in their grief and loss, and today, like you said she has gained both their trust, if not yet their love. I especially loved your comparison of the trust dividend and trust deficit with Prateek and Paridhi! Trust you to find the elusive link between all the sequences!

Telly.Addicttarantulla_pangakeKamliKudiPearl_27saf24InduG64Zetterjyoti06skanda12roseinbloomjikky_84pickachu

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
@Samana : Beautiful takeo n Palak and Aarti ClapClapClap...I think the way Palak actually lets Aarti drag her till the hall area is actually Palak's growing trust on Aarti whether she admits it or not Embarrassed...She is definitely beginning to feel more comfortable in Aarti's company because this time Aarti is actually trying to connect with her like a friend and this is where she is able to connect Embarrassed..

And this sentence is so truee "bonds formed from the heart that exceed those of blood and the strictures of society" StarStarStarStar...Aarti is forming similar bonds with everyone in the family right now  and its definitely stronger Embarrassed

Telly.Addictnirmalac99angakePearl_27KamliKudiInduG64Zettersaf24Samanalysejikky_84skanda12roseinbloompickachu

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

@Mansi

OMG, I bow down to you today. I always love your takes unfortunately I am always on later in the night and miss interacting with you. I absolutely loved what you said about trust being the epicenter of today's interactions between Arti and various members. And I LOVED the Arti/Palak scene. Like you said EMPATHY! Not many people realize the power behind this sentiment. Nothing like your own personal experience to make a child feel that she is not alone in this big bad world. I loved how we got an insight into Aarti's childhood in the process.

Considering that this a TV show and they probably don't have the luxury of devoting 3 months to show a Palak/Aarti track by which most viewers would have run away off sheer boredom, I am quite pleased  with how they have decided to show Palak coming to trust and eventually love Aarti. A child who is so sassy at home is having trouble facing an audience. A child who has no problems answering her teacher on a one on one basis in nervous facing a big crowd. This such a brilliant premise and totally believable (reminded me of myself- a seemingly extrovert child but was absolutely terrified of facing a crowd). Again, this is so believable when you look at Palak's past and how she holds herself responsible for her mother not coming back on that blasted rainy day.  

Also loved how they are showing Ansh's jealousy on the side. As a mother it is impossible to give all your children exactly the same amount of attention all the time. At times one child may need more attention than the other. And I love that the CVs are showing that right now Aarti needs to focus more on Palak than Ansh. She is not a superwoman who can always give equal attention to her 3 children at every moment. And this is where the other parent steps in. When Yash steps in, the children will feel good that if they can't reach one parent at a given moment in time then they will always have the other one to turn to. So far I am loving how this all playing out.

@Jyo and Samana, I briefly went through your takes and I am already blown away. But I have to re read them if I have to do any justice in my response to you girls. Will be back shortly. 

Edited by angake - 18 July 2012 at 1:28pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.Addictnirmalac99KamliKudiPearl_27InduG64Zettersaf24Samanalysejikky_84roseinbloomskanda12pickachu

-Kash- IF-Sizzlerz
-Kash-
-Kash-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Want some really cute AarYa scenes soon, and loving the Ansh and Palak dynamics with Aarti thing going on, very realistic!

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Telly.AddictKamliKudiPearl_27saf24SamanalyseInduG64Zetterroseinbloomjikky_84skanda12pickachu

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index