18/7 Dragon Club: Stage Fright - Page 13

Posted: 11 years ago

Ahhh Borna, I was dying to read your thoughts today. Did you notice how ethereally beautiful KS looked when Aarti was trying to build Palak's confidence. Her smile held such warmth, her eyes held such love and her words had such understanding, it was clear that Palak was melting. 

I too loved the little rain speech for everything it symbolized. I especially loved the part where Palak talks about her little garden and colorful flowers and butterflies. How symbolic. Aarti did come into her life unexpectedly like the rains and when she finally learns to trust Aarti and love Aarti, Palak's life too would be colorful like the flowers in her garden.

@ Red, fantastic  take my friend.  Go Aarti Tshirt! I want one too. 

@Indu: I just relived the episode again while reading your take! The "play of undercurrents conveyed through eyes" was perhaps my most favorite moment during the first half of the episode as far as the Aarti-Maya battle is concerned. The glint in Aarti's eyes and the smile on her face as she silently challenges Bua...I was super impressed with Kratika because of that one second!

Honestly, as much as I don't like seeing Maya Bua in the episodes, there is something amusing about watching her try to break Aarti's resolve.

Ah, the magic wand is at work, yes!

@ Indu, as always wonderful! I love the quote you have today:

Children learn through gentle direction and persuasive teaching.

So true. I loved how Aarti used her own personal experience to boost up Palak's confidence. What she did was validate Palak's fear yet at the same time show her that she has the strength to overcome her fear. And we got a glimpse of little Aarti- the one that stammered yet had the willpower to overcome her perceived weakness. It gives us a slight understanding on how she became who she is, isn't it?

Loved what you wrote about P&P. It saddens me even though I understand that these two have to go through some turbulence to understand that if you want to build a house it has to be brick by brick pretty much like what Yash and Aarti are doing at the moment.

Originally posted by angake

Ahhh Borna, I was dying to read your thoughts today. Did you notice how ethereally beautiful KS looked when Aarti was trying to build Palak's confidence. Her smile held such warmth, her eyes held such love and her words had such understanding, it was clear that Palak was melting. 

I too loved the little rain speech for everything it symbolized. I especially loved the part where Palak talks about her little garden and colorful flowers and butterflies. How symbolic. Aarti did come into her life unexpectedly like the rains and when she finally learns to trust Aarti and love Aarti, Palak's life too would be colorful like the flowers in her garden.

Hey Kirthi! 😃

*sigh* Trust you to mention Kratika around me and initiate a cascade of tumbling dominoes...
I loved every second of the scene in the children's room! She looked beautiful, for all the reasons you described...And the vocal inflection during her dialogues as Aarti switched from being gentle with Palak to being stern with Ansh to sounding like a hesitant, fearful little girl during the anecdote, along with those present-day-Aarti narrations/commentaries...Ahh, I LOVE how melodious Kratika's voice is! She has so much control over the variations in her tone...Forever impressive, this woman!

The background music for that scene was so pretty, too!

Your insight about the garden with its flowers and butterflies is wonderful! It was so much like Aarti to write about the beauty of the rains in that way, but the comparison of the rains nurturing little flowers and helping them grow to the way Aarti is doing everything in her power to nurture her daughter is so sweet!

@ Borna: Thanks. When I saw that piece my mind actually ran on you since you normally pick up on all these beautiful moments.

@ Indu: Fab take. I think you outdid yourself today. 
Borna, we have been traveling for 4 months on the same road discovering ArYa together. I think by now I know how to push your buttons. 😃 And I am not ashamed to say that I do it because I love to hear every little thing you have to say about KS. I don't think anybody on this forum has studied KS as extensively as you have. You are spot one when you say KS's voice is so melodious. I am curious to know if she has attended acting classes. She must have had, right? I mean how beautifully she controls her voice as the situation demands. 

By the way, I LOVE your avatar (isn't that what that little picture by your screen name is called?). That one shot of Aarti perfectly captures her beautiful nature- always hopeful.

I am off to my night sleep in a short while my friend. I will see you soon. 😃

EDIT: @Saf, I always mean to tell you but I haven't. I love the way you write. If I miss an episode yours would be the write up I would want to read. You beautifully take a reader through the episode without missing on any of the details. 
Edited by angake - 11 years ago
@ Kirthi : Thanks.😊 
Originally posted by angake

Borna, we have been traveling for 4 months on the same road discovering ArYa together. I think by now I know how to push your buttons. 😃 And I am not ashamed to say that I do it because I love to hear every little thing you have to say about KS. I don't think anybody on this forum has studied KS as extensively as you have. You are spot one when you say KS's voice is so melodious. I am curious to know if she has attended acting classes. She must have had, right? I mean how beautifully she controls her voice as the situation demands. 

By the way, I LOVE your avatar (isn't that what that little picture by your screen name is called?). That one shot of Aarti perfectly captures her beautiful nature- always hopeful.

I am off to my night sleep in a short while my friend. I will see you soon. 😃

I hope you're not gone by the time I post this...

Haha, I was going to use that exact same phrase in my first reply to you today, Kirthi! 😆 One particular button (or two) that I was trying not to press today, but you did that anyway...I feel like I talk too much about her...

You did read my rambling letter to Kratika in her birthday thread, right? I can't believe I wrote so much about a few seconds of screentime and silence, but that's how much I was blown away by her acting abilities! I don't know if she's gone through any formal training, but I certainly don't think she did when she started out - "No no no no no, I can't act!" pretty much hints at that! I do feel that she developed an understanding of the craft very quickly over the years, though! There's a huge difference between Naina of KDMH and Laxmibai/Manu of JKR...That's why I said that was when the tide turned...We can come back to talking about this later, if you'd like! 😃

Ah, that would be my display picture or profile picture, I think! Avatar also...but that is what I use to refer to the picture next to my name in posts on the forum (like right now, my avatar is the set of three animations off to the left...) Thank you, though! Loved that promo! Aarti disappearing and reappearing behind the column was my favorite part because of the innocence in her expression!
@Indu, inspired writing for sure.  I do have a slightly complicated thought. Does Aarti take up Palak's case out of concern for a child or as the child's mother? If its the former, it makes perfect sense she raise the question and gently support the child's parent (Yash), if its the latter,  how has she become the child's mother in the short time of acquaintance and by which authority. Certainly not Palak's

Also, isnt Aarti being pushy with Palak again? Granted Palak practised the speech in front of a mirror and was hoping for a first prize secretly but what if her progress was not as spectacular as they are showing it was. What if she stammered her way throughout and caught one of her friends smirking? Wouldnt that be more damaging? I say this coz my close friend in childhood used to be painfully shy and would have frozen if put in a spot. She turned out fine in life and in fact is a teacher now. My point is, how is Aarti so confident of her knowledge of Palak? If its by the basis of she knows a child like Ansh, her premise is wrong because Palak is no Ansh. Both have different strengths.

I think Bua had some valid points today. Her motives are needlessly negative but her caution should have merited a double take from Aarti but she barrels through. Its a different matter that since its Aarti season in PV right now,  everything she touches is gold apparently.

@Kirthi: Thanks...and right back at you, pal. I so loved your insightful thoughts today. You are so right that Aarti and Palak should take this building up between themselves...with Yash giving silent support. That's all they need...Aarti needs his approval, and Palak needs his approval of Aarti, that is, she needs to know that her father too trusts Aarti just as she has begun to trust her. And yes, oh yes, I just was so impressed with the Ansh factor in this whole Aarti-Palak bonding. His reactions as a brattishly insecure son who was used to his mother's undivided attention till now was absolutely spot on.👍🏼

@Z: Superb take!👏 Yeah...Rain as the topic was brilliant. That makes me wonder what Ansh's topic would be, on which Yash will help!! I think it is unanimous across the board: we all really liked SP today...he was super as the overenthusiastic, grinning grandpa.

@Saf: Thanks.😊 I loved the quote...that was so, so right.👏 I love how the children are back into focus.

@Borna: Aha...your elaborations...like fluid strokes on a canvas...in your unique and inimitable style.👏 Agree with each and every word you penned. Aarti has conquered the last bastion in the family...only building up is required now. All her interactions with Palak were a treat to watch today. She is such a good soul...yet no pushover, as bua is discovering.😛
Edited by InduG64 - 11 years ago