Director's Cut - July 18, 2012 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
lovely takes R&R IncπŸ˜†

Sam and GirlOnFire.. (dnt know ur nameπŸ˜•) lovely takes

Originally posted by iritz

Dear All,

Thank you for the overwhelming response to our thread... our version from the Director's lens !!!

"Destiny's Child"

But today she is complaining. She has started to show her unhappiness... To whom? To the one whose destiny is linked to her ! To the only one who has the power to make her happy, make her complete, to make her a woman.

Forever she was in debt of her adoptive family, she could never reveal her inner loneliness to them. Nor could she do that with her in laws.

But Arnav Singh Raizada is the special someone that Destiny chose for her favorite child. She can finally be her own self with Arnav. She knows he loves her, she knows he wants to make her happy... but he doesn't know how ! And that's why she is complaining... for the first time in her life, Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada is complaining to someone... because that someone is none other than her other half ! The one who will make her complete !

We always complain to our dear hubby only.  He will be mostly the only one who would have seen our anger, our frustration and what not.  Usually this happens after one or two years of marriage.  This is the only difference in ARSHI relationship compared to us.

GOOD WORK, IRITZ
I loved the episode today! It was pretty clear cut!
Loved the deatiled interpretations! Keep it going!
Originally posted by GirlOfFire

300 and Counting!!😍
Congratulations to the team in front of and behind the camera of IPKKND!! πŸ₯³

The Raizada Mansion is a Bhool Bhulaiyya. It has long hallways, and rooms that look out over the pool. And a pool that is on the first floor, the second floor... Guest rooms that look out over the pool, and yet, you never see those guest rooms from the pool. A staircase that leads to the terrace opens from the second floor, and a staircase by the pool that goes where? You can see the hallway from above from the poolside, yet the pool reflects light into the living room on the first floor. It has  a huge hallway, and rooms behind translucent doors. It is a mysterious mansion - the Raizada Mansion; and its occupants are the bane of our lives!

The first time Khushi Kumari Gupta entered the house, she stepped in with her right foot and was welcomed by Anjali. The second time she came in on the orders of the Laad Governor, only to discover that he and Anjali were siblings. 

The first time she came in she ended up in Arnav's room, The second time she ended up in Arnav's pool side.

She came into the house, and ended up churning up the waters in the still water life of the inhabitants of Raizada Mansion.  

Today she lives in this same Raizada mansion in the same room that she now shares with that same Laad Governor, Arnav Singh Raizada as his wife. Today, Khushi is also one of the Raizada clan. She is Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada.

Behind the translucent doors, are secrets. Each room holds a secret life. Their occupants meet in the hallways, the corridors, by the pool and in the temple. They all live under the same roof and they all keep their secrets. 

Behind door number 1: Today Naniji is combing Anjali's hair, trying to cheer her up by stories of her mother. But Anjali is still reeling from the double blow of her husband's absence and her brothers 'betrayal'. She knows her brother would not hurt her so randomly, so he cannot be lying. But how could the man she loved be the one lying? How will she know the truth? Confused and heartbroken, she is wrestling with wanting to face reality and wanting her dream world intact. Naniji is horrified to hear that she wants to have a son who is exactly like his father. Naniji is keeping the secret that Chotey told her - of Shyam's truth. And Naniji still does not know the whole truth, why Chotey had to throw out his brother-in-law. 

Anjali is a broken doll. Her life is shattered around her, and she cannot pick up the pieces. She barely has strength to deal with questions to which she already knows the answers, but is unwilling to face them. 

Behind door number 2: Akash and Payal are dealing with their own set of issues. It is the second road break on the path to happiness. Before his wedding Akash promised his mother that she would always be first in his life. And he is living up to the promise. When he was in love (and for Akash its very much looking like past tense) the one thing Arnav said was 'Are you ready to live in happiness for the rest of your life with this girl?' and he unconditionally replied 'YES!' Today, he is feeling betrayed that his wife could not confide one of her secrets to him. She kept a secret from him. A secret that could have shattered the entire family. And she is paying the price for it. 

Payal's own happiness is at stake now. She is seeing her marriage falling apart, and yet she is mature enough to tell little sister to stop meddling in her affairs or come talk to her instead of to her husband. Unlike her sister-in-law, she is getting ready to fight for what she wants and believes in. 

Payal is finally finding her voice and the first person who hears it is her little sister. Payal wants an identity for herself. Not as Payal Gupta, Khushi's sister, Payal Singh Raizada or Khoon Bhari Taang. She wants to be Payal. The spine that she rarely displays is now starting to stiffen. Waiting to see more of it soon. 

And Akash is mad that his sister-in-law, who he resents as the one who broke up their stable family life, should come to him with life advice. He doesn't need a life coach. He has been shouldering the AR companies since his brother went MIA. And to all intents, this brother is still MIA! (But more of that in a little while).

Behind Door Number 3: Mamaji and Mamiji - who are MIA for this episode. So we'll leave them there, hello-hi-bye-bye.

Behind Door Number 4: The Guestroom. Current occupant one Nand Kishore aka Nanhey aka NK. He of the cheery, sunny disposition, with an uncanny ability to mangle the Hindi language much as his masiji mangles English. He with the heart of gold, a staunch believer in the truth, a true friend to Khushi. On the surface, a perfect match for Khushi, but one who once he realized who Khushi really liked, upped the ante for Arnav, until Arnav himself had a moment of self-realization. And for that reason, he is tolerated and even humored by his dour cousin, Arnav Singh Raizada who resides

Behind Door Number 5: with Khushi. Two souls that were meant to be together. Their relationship as a couple has just begun. While apart, it has weathered horrific storms to get to this point. But the waters of Raizada Mansion are perhaps too insidious for them. 

Khushi has gotten caught up in this riptide. She wants everybody to be happy - and happy with her. Finally, it is revealed why she is unhappy with life here. She is miserable, because behind Door 1 and Door 2 are people that she cares about, and they are not happy. She cannot be happy when the people she loves are unhappy. And moreover Arnav's harsh words are something that she cannot forget. To her, it seems he has moved on oh, so easily (just like Di thinks he has). But he hasn't, and that's why he is now focused on wanting to make it up to her. Khushi has another important lesson yet to learn. While she understands that happiness cannot be bought (rejecting her husband's every effort to see her smile), Happiness or Unhappiness comes from within. One cannot make a person happy or unhappy - but one can  choose to be happy or unhappy. Through out her life, she has chosen to be happy. 

In the after math of Shyam's revelation, she is now choosing to be unhappy. And in the process is losing out on the one ray of light in her life. The love of her life, who is doing his utmost to make her smile, make her happy. She sleeps on the same bed of the man who would have killed or let himself be killed for her. He is showering her all his attention as best he knows., And she thwarts him, yet again. 

Poor Arnav. For the first time in his life, he is choosing to be happy. But his happiness lies in bringing a smile to his wife's face. By making up to her for the wrong he did her. But, no matter what he does, every single gesture has gone unappreciated. All he has received is a cold shoulder, bitter words and avoidance. And ASR being ASR, is determined at all costs to bring that smile to her face. With every surprise for her, he shows more and more understanding of her likes and dislikes. Today he says it, 'I would like to see you in the saree'. He has yet to articulate to her what would make him happy. Perhaps if he'd said 'it would make me happy to see you in this saree' it would have gotten him a different response - but we will never know. To win her heart he will do whatever he must. 

And so we come to Arnav with  NK in the his bedroom. NK wants to hear the whole romantic story of how they met and fell in love. And in true special episode style Arnav narrates the thorny love story punctuated by well-chosen FBs. But Arnav knows how to keep his secrets and he wants NK out of the room to plan. So he starts telling him of the incredible abuse he heaped on Khushi. But he never tells him the whole story - about how he was mesmerized when Khushi fell into his arms, or how he ripped the pearls from her cholie and then kept them for the longest time, or saved her life both from the car and the 'girti imarath', or how he made sure that she would not be hurt before he let go her hand in the office. Those little jewels he keeps to himself. There is almost an evil gleam in his eye as he watches NK's horrified expression. So now when NK wants to hear about Khushi's gestures towards him, all he recounts are times she threw hot tea on him, or the time she attacked him with a knife, and lit a mosquito coil so he lost his voice. Poor NK - for him it was like a horror film, not a romantic story. He flees from the room, and Arnav looks after him with a righteous grin on his face. And as he recalls those crazy days, he thinks about the crazy girl he fell in love with. And decides that craziness is the way to go to win his lady love!

And so the secrets still remain behind the doors at Raizada Mansion. Each person carrying a burden in their heart. And the one person who shouldered the responsibilities of the house, and carried everyone's burden, has set those burdens aside for a while as he continues to look for a way to win back his lady love. We have confidence in you ASR - Just listen to your heart! The answer is right there. 

Things I would love ASR to do:
Show her the pearls from her choli, the mannat ki chabi, the pom pom from her suit. Give her a set of stars to hang over her bed. Get that picture reframed - the one he threw out of the car. Buy her a new dupatta to replace the one he tore. Make her jalebis and pakoras with adrak wali chai. Show her the notes she wrote to him (I am pretty sure he has kept them somewhere!). Do a song and dance (okay, maybe that's too much to ask)!

Song of the day for ASR : A Song for You - by Ray Charles. 

Madhu .. absolutely loved your analysis .. every word was a pearl beautiful ... Your indelth understanding of the characters & human relations . so wonderfully reflect in your writings ... have been a great fan of your FF & SS ... now u've wooed me completely on this as well...

Above BOLD: OH God  its like you walked into my mind & plucked the words ... YES i too WANT this ... would love for this to happen .. 
I loved the dialogue when he tells her .. I want you to wear it .. 
I loved the dialogue when he tells her  .. I want to see you in this ... 
I loved the smile on ASR's face when she takes the gift before opening it .. 
I loved when he asked her what was so wrong that she could'nt even smile for him ...

wow ruby i too loved it

ritz and ruby, somi you guys are doing a fab job

loved all to the core
Brilliant ritz and rubz...πŸ‘

As usual rubz you show you can think from the director's mind and ritz tere tha likha waise hi dil ko bhata hai πŸ˜³
Hey ritz and ruby...just finished reading your takes... once again great work gals...πŸ‘ 
ritz- loved how you compared past and present and khushi with it...though I still have issues with khushi's monologue to DM... but you raised a valid point of her complainin to only person who DM has choosen for her..

ruby- *hug* to you for beautifully capturing Anjali- this post should be read by everyone who just bluntly criticise without actually trying to understand her state of mind..I really felt for anjali yesterday as i mention in redux too that  was one of my favorite scene yesterday...πŸ‘
Originally posted by redwine1

Madhu .. absolutely loved your analysis .. every word was a pearl beautiful ... Your indelth understanding of the characters & human relations . so wonderfully reflect in your writings ... have been a great fan of your FF & SS ... now u've wooed me completely on this as well...

Above BOLD: OH God  its like you walked into my mind & plucked the words ... YES i too WANT this ... would love for this to happen .. 

Thanks, Ruby!!  πŸ˜³

Always thought the RM like a Mystery House.. and this was just the perfect episode to do bring it in. 

Edited by GirlOfFire - 11 years ago
Originally posted by riti4u

okay before I comment on ruby and ritz take..I will do that in detail need some time for it..I wud like to appreciate two more writers here..
Sampin and GirlofFire in page 1..πŸ‘ 

@GirlofFire- I just loved your take πŸ‘ and you touched my heart..this is first time I am reading yours and you have impressed me...

@Sampin- I was one of those who questioned where was ASR...πŸ˜† so when I read your first question I was like -you caught me..but that was great explanation for man in love and hope CVs sees your note too...πŸ‘ ..good job

Thanks so much for your kind words!
Originally posted by meghavn

Role reversal rings the bell right - My dear friend Redwine1 has already touched based on this topic with regards to previous episodes. 

Just a recap -

Most of the  character's roles is kind of reversed in RM currently -

> Akash has become like ASR
> Anjali is turning out to be a ASR (my take from Monday's last scene)
> Arnav is trying to be a Khushi think like her to make her SMILE woo her.
> Khushi throwing attitude to Arnav like ASR coz she can do that only with him coz HE is HERS.

(So ASR as character is not only loved by phangirls but ppl in RM as well  - everybody wants to be him πŸ˜‰)

Meghs... Kya pointers pakde hai boss !!! Well done !!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Everyone wants an ASR in him/herself !!! Superb !