Is this CV's Idea of Redemption? - Page 19

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by rima

I really want to know if this is the CV's idea of redemption...because if it is I don't know what I should expect from this show and whether I should take anything seriously

Sweetheart i totally understand where u are coming from...
but ur point abt 'and whether I should take anything seriously' 
well the ans is a big NO either ways(ur way or their way) ... the reality is its after all a show ... a reel world... u aren't supposed to be taking it seriously...

u can give ur POV and suggest .. but u really cant take it seriously!! πŸ˜Š
I'm guessing that it is very likely for Khushi to leave RM once the contract is over. Redemption will probably start then & end with Arnav proposing to her.
I am completely lost with this plot..honestly dont know what to expect anymore..I was just waiting the moment NK asked him about their love story..and all still said with a smirk..

does that mean ASR hasnt still understand the meaning of love...is he this restless cvze he cant have her easily.succumbing to him this time...is he still the same guy who views her as a conquest...if not how can a man truly in love say all those things about his lady love smiling and brand it as madness...I found NK 's reaction after hearing Arnav's part of the story  more genuine ..Khushi's little precious admirer...

I loved Khushi's convo with DM...exactly my girl everything cannot be forgotten and forgiven ..even if one is deep in love...

Edited by apara_loves_IPK - 11 years ago

Somebidy help me here.

For over a year I hae waited for Arnav's regret for the Lucknow fashion fiasco, the way he sent her footage to TV and how he hurt her initially.

For over a year I have waited to see Arnav say sorry to her for those terrible things he did to her.

I understand that the intention was to show how crazy their love story is and how they still each other.

I understand both Arnav and Khushi have moved beyond this.

But as a viewer it is a shock to see such intense things shown lightly.

It is quite disappointing to see the regret we waited for is never going to come.

It is quite a let down to know ASR just thinks these are normal things or mad things which is part of their love.

Is this the redemption we waited for?

I am sorry to say this redemption is not working for me.

There is so much potential in this track that it is a very very big let dwon to see this episode.

I really want to know if this is the CV's idea of redemption...because if it is I don't know what I should expect from this show and whether I should take anything seriously

My sentiments exactly!

This is perhaps the only Indian serial I ever watched so religiously, and truth be told, as much as I love it, there are many times when I feel let down by the creative team. One thing this show lacks, as many fans have touched upon in the past, is consistency.

All the seriousness of the Shyam fiasco last week, has somehow dissipated so quickly. Then the birthday track, which I feel was merely thrown in to please those impatient fans who cannot stomach an episode without any 'romance' between the pivotal characters. I personally believe the CVs are failing to capture all the emotions. This redemption track, as you have put it, is not being taken seriously. 

If Arnav's method of penance, is recreating those special moments they've shared in the past, then by all means I have no issue. But honestly, hiding in the closet (as funny/adorable as it is! πŸ˜³) is not the way to go about tackling this problem!

Tirade over! You've taken all the words straight out of my mouth! :)

right now nothing is working for me! i dont know what is wrong... is something wid me, or with the show?
yest i was getting confused wid khushi's behaviour and was angry that they never explore this character's emotions properly... but today i was really happy wid her monologue and also her dialogue to ASR
but even that happiness was short-lived*sigh*
and yes, this is not the redemption i was waiting for! if they show something else then how are they going to justify those smirks he was giving away today!
the only justification i can give is he has not thought about it all in that way! he is only looking forward to a bright future now. i think the only way to get arnav really thoughtful about everything is one hard-hitting and shocking dialogue from khushi to him which may make him realise the extent of harm and hurt he has caused her heart! it will be like in the quest to win her he is ignoring these details and taking the past between them in his stride (as of now), but when realization seeps and strikes, it strikes really hard and he breaks down and finally understands that he has only ruined her every single time by forcing his ways on her!
am i sounding like a sadist?? well, today Mr.ASR looked like one to meπŸ˜›
i am tired...i will lose all of my hair  like that till this horror and thriller show ends????πŸ˜†
Edited by chocobubble - 11 years ago
I know right? The way Arnav said, 'I had made her life difficult' made me think does this guy feel proud of the fact that he made her life difficult? No guilt, no pain, no ruefulness. Nothing at all! Instead he was nicely smiling. 

We have waited so long for a redemption track and now when we thought we finally had it, we see Arnav talking so lightly about things for which he actually needs to kick himself. I was shocked. 
Rima, I love reading your posts always.
After seeing today's episode, even I would like to share my views about redemption.
I dont think Arnav  realized to what extent he broke/hurt/damged her and her heart since you can see him asking what is your problem in smiling. May be He still thinks she is mad at him for not wishing on her birthday. She is staying here physically only under the obligation of 6 months contract. May be till then he will try to woo her. Once 6 months period is over, even he cant stop her under any circumstances. When she leaves the RM after that 6 month period even after many attempts to woo her then he will realize to when extent he had hurt her and at that point may be true redemption starts.I seriously hope for it as Khushi had enough. Also at this point, he may win her completely and remarriage can take place if at all the spoiler was meant to come true.
This is totally my view point from what I have seen in today's episode.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by sarunfan4ever - 11 years ago
Rima, I think you should stop thinking of redemption period. It is never going to happen.

Khushi does not blame Arnav for anything and Arnav does not think he has anything he has to apologize for. He thinks all the cruel acts he did were actually funny,.

So why do you expect redemption when the victim and perpertator both don't acknowledge that anything bad has happened.

According to the CV's mindset, they seem to think Khushi needs to redeem herself for all the unhappiness she caused to Di.

I don't think redemption is even a remote possibility in IPKKND..

Somebidy help me here.

For over a year I hae waited for Arnav's regret for the Lucknow fashion fiasco, the way he sent her footage to TV and how he hurt her initially.

For over a year I have waited to see Arnav say sorry to her for those terrible things he did to her.

I understand that the intention was to show how crazy their love story is and how they still each other.

I understand both Arnav and Khushi have moved beyond this.

But as a viewer it is a shock to see such intense things shown lightly.

It is quite disappointing to see the regret we waited for is never going to come.

It is quite a let down to know ASR just thinks these are normal things or mad things which is part of their love.

Is this the redemption we waited for?

I am sorry to say this redemption is not working for me.

There is so much potential in this track that it is a very very big let dwon to see this episode.

I had the same dilemma when I watched it initally but i just rewatched it and Eureka!!..ASR was not making fun of his past..he was goofing with Nk and not letting his guard down and not telling him the entire past..he was playing with him and then at the end he got serious with his idea atleast thats what i felt from Baruns expressions based on his previous episodes. May be CVs do have a diff style of redemption.
I think he knows exactly what he has done to khushi... but this is how they fell in love with each other... he wa smiling because he was looking back on those days with tenderness... anyway thats how i felt... πŸ˜ƒ