India-Forums

Channel V Dil Dosti Dance
Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

true friends! (Page 5)

neetha IF-Rockerz
neetha
neetha

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
studyin in abroad accordin to me is a necessity..luk m a B.E graduate..n i hav ma own friends who are already in abroad fr higher studies..its a necessity fr ths era..u want a very good salary,a very good position in some MNC then u ought to have a foreign degree..it actually adds to ur resume..but not all students can afford goin abroad..so it again depends on the our family status too..
but ya in contradictory some rich ppl just need an MBA degree or somethin of tat sort will plan to go abroad wic is nothin but luxury..they hav gt nothin to do wit the degree..sirf naam ke waaste u knw..

in conclusion i wud tel eve though we go n study abroad, we shud come back to our country n serve our nation.

k well ma pov ..no offence

MirageSwaron IF-Dazzler
MirageSwaron
MirageSwaron

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
A very ambiguous topic this is...studying abroad may have its charm for different reasons but I believe if u hav the infrastructure back home, then its reasonable enuf...arent there so many students from abroad who cum to study in India?!!! For those who cannot afford it, overseas learning is definitely a luxury more than necessity...sumone who has to study and earn a job for his sustenance wuld do so in his home country as much as abroad...at the end of the day it all depends on ur perspective...even though companies big or small luk at ur qualifications b4 offering u a job...it depends on how u put ur skills/ur learning/ur education into practice which decides whether u keep ur job or not - whatever field you are inSmile      
-Araina- IF-Stunnerz
-Araina-
-Araina-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I have studied both in India and abroad. Right now in abroad. Do not know about luxury or necessity but yes, studying in aborad does give you move wider options and teaches you many things as you live by yourself. Here, we just learn how to shape ourselves and stand up for what we want to do. While in India, there are less choices given and everything is given first to the top rankers. (It's the same here but at least everyone gets a fair chance to apply in the wanted college and no cut off and such..) In India, there might also be pressure from family to chose a certain line, again as not many options. 

Just my opinion of what I've gone through till now :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Deetha.

tanharocks Goldie
tanharocks
tanharocks

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Studying aboard is necessity which come along with luxury...see i will speak for my field which is engineering so basically we do have good institute like IIT and NIT but they are very few in numbers and other institute dont provide that much scope for research and pratical knowledge...So unless and untill we dont increase the number of institute like IIT studying aboard would always remain a necessity...

bluehawkblaze01 Newbie
bluehawkblaze01
bluehawkblaze01

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
I personally feel studying abroad is a necessity.It may be costly but the degree will get me a high profile job,if not that thn at least a decent job.Here the admission is costly and seats are not available in plenty.We all know why.
gunnu1 Goldie
gunnu1
gunnu1

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged

i may not be very helful at giving an opinion on dis topic! but still...

i agree with bith d things as d richer section of d society nd a neccesity for d ones who r not gud enuf in studies! eg. d rising competition and d rising cut-offs! in India i personally feel its kinda very difficult for d common people to get an admission in colleges now! so for me its more of a neccesity but yah some ppl try to show off dat they r studying abroad!

hope it was kinda any use! :)
..SD.. Senior Member
..SD..
..SD..

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
basically it depends on the mentality of d person whoz going abroad.
                            in my opinion studying abroad is a real necessity for those who has fortitude to pull off something big. i'm not saying tat institutions in our country are not upto level. but the name of a reputed foreign institution in ur resume will definitely increase ur chance in the race.
                         but i've also seen students been send aboard to keep up the so called reputation in d society n yeah for those ppl its a luxury. tatz why said it in the begining, it all depends on d mentality of the student whoz going abroad

varoo28 Senior Member
varoo28
varoo28

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
I go for STUDYING in abroad !! I mean it's a neccesity considering the generation we live in.The market is highy competitive that you must always reach for the best !! And also other than academics it also helps you to meet new people who's thoughts are different unless your going to concentrate only on studies !! Tongue

Go to top