Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective:What is the point Khushi is making...? (Page 9)

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Sush - An early post from you...

Sorry Sush, I am having internet woes, connectivity dropping just when I click the create post...LOL Hate when that happens, I completely lose my train of thoughts and the urge to write.

I do agree with some things you said in the post. For one, intensity they have built w/Shyam's ouster seems to have been lost. Isn't that the signature move of this PH? It never reaches a crescendo, hence the TRP never reaches the heights it should. Excellent concept but poor execution.

Khushi gets the step-mother treatment every time. Just like her character who played second fiddle to Payalia...Here it is ASR...Audience loves ASR, so we get ASR centric episodes.  Yest was one such episode - an excellent opportunity to portray Khushi's pain was wasted in my opinion. The conversation w/DM could have been so much more than it was. Instead we were left to interpretations from excellent writers on the forum to decode what was really on her mind. 

Akash is another poorly sketched character; not sure what his real problem is. All I get is, they are all ganging up on Khushi. When the whole story unfolds, Khushi is the SP bahuLOL

I will give Arnie a break, he has put his Di first all this time. Now he needs to put his wife first. Khushi has been thru worse situations. Yes, she is a fighter unlike Anjali but that doesn't mean she doesn't get her dues. So far they have done well maintaining him true to character.

Hi Sari...thanks for your comments! Yes I fully agree...so much play to get the ball...and once they get the ball they can't seem to run with it...

About Arnie...I don't have a problem with him paying attention to his wife...Thats great...but the pretex (birth wish...really! and the extent of it) the timing and the balance were wrong. As you said...reasonable storyline right now...after a long wait but very poor execution!

They could have kept it consistent...if they went from Fridays episode to Wed day...and dropped the ME and Monday and Tuesday in between...which only divereted, digressed and watered down the intensity build up on Friday and brought inconsistencies...

Really...did she seem sad to you when she was talking to Aman about the bag...and making a point to Arnie on why that gift was not acceptable...I think they were going with the birthday thing untill they realized it was really a big flop idea and changed reasoning on Wed day...so much for well thought of episodes...

Khushi is inconsistent because she does not get much attention from the writers...it is all about Arnie making sense...it is his story...Khushi is made to suit what ever they want to show for Arnie...Right now the story is that he is focused on his wife...just wait before the pull comes and then it will be Anj he will try to please and will even bring Shyam back...and  the yo..yo..will continue. Both women characters will act according to the flavor of the day...what ever the story demands...never mind the consistency in their own behavior...

Edited by -Sush- - 19 July 2012 at 8:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Sari--

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Yes, I have to agree with you on the ME. It was rushed; the birthday was an afterthought or appeared like one. To me, it was about the birthday. She had surprisingly just forgiven him for his outburst. I was dreading an OTT Khushi when I saw the subzi stuff but they mercifully toned it down.

Also, he wished her before midnight. What were her thoughts on that? The Khushi we know wouldn't let that go. That was what she wanted, a special Birthday wish from the man she loved. Granted, she didn't want ASR to know that she was ear hustling but what about DM? Wouldn't she talk to DM about her feelings? They let that go without Khushi giving it much thoughtConfused They were going to recreate some past scenes so Khushi wasn't going to be convinced with just a genuine wish, change of plans. This whole thing should have happened on the day of the birthday, would make sense but this appears to be a b'weekLOL

Yest, it looked like a new writer was on the block, because there was a clear disconnect. For starters, the big dialogue – "sari tho khareedi muskurahat nahi?" Me as a viewer was clueless, imagine his plightLOL The conversation w/DM was in riddles. I am not upset w/him but yet I am….what an oxymoron that was….LOL

Why bring in Payash? Every marriage has issues, so you stop living your life?Confused The Akash convo made me uncomfortable; a younger girl talking to jijaji about HM? What were they thinking? The whole track is to give some nok-jhok but there is no clarity in their vision of what they want the audience to decipher from Khushi's behavior. Her behavior is subject to interpretationLOL If you are a Khushi sympathizer, you feel her pain. If you are not, you blame her for meddling. Those of us who chose to stay neutral, clueless!LOL   

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sush-Infofan

Go to top