Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Sushpective:What is the point Khushi is making...?

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi folks...I watched a few episodes from last week after taking a 3 week break ...and thought the thappad episode the Friday before last was very interesting...The aftermath was interesting until last Friday...and then...

They lost it again in the ME, and this week was a shade better but seem to be losing the grip again...

It is sad to see fans clinging on to hopes that the news abou TRP is not so bad...As per GH, own admission, the TRP for the ME was 2.0! This despite BS being back and a full dose of Arhi scenes...wasn't that supposed to fix everything?

Well...if Didi KI Saut is the plot you have got...

AT least stick with a strong characterization of the leads that viewers have something to look forward to...

• It makes no sense for Khuhsi to be mature and understanding one day and quite silly the next...So much fuss about uttering the words Happy Birthday...Really? Are you kidding me?
  • It makes no sense for ARnie to be so attached to his sis ...and then when such a big trauma is happening in her life...not be more sensitive to her and spend a least some time with her...unless pushed by some situation...
  • It makes no sense for Akash to behave like the way he was behaving...a complete switchroo.
  • It makes no sense for the story to not maintain and flow or continuity in the mood and go from drama to comedy to a tear jerker from one day to next...by the very same characters...

I hope they get their act together...Please focus on Khushi ...if she makes sense everything will make sense...If the point she is trying to make to Arnie is that he should be more in touch with his sensitive side (I know...really!) ...why not guide him to take care of his Di'd emotional needs, who needs affirmation right now ...and not have him completely focused on this silly Happy Birthday thing...My goodness...what is the point of all this?

Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sush - An early post from you...

Sorry Sush, I am having internet woes, connectivity dropping just when I click the create post...πŸ˜† Hate when that happens, I completely lose my train of thoughts and the urge to write.

I do agree with some things you said in the post. For one, intensity they have built w/Shyam's ouster seems to have been lost. Isn't that the signature move of this PH? It never reaches a crescendo, hence the TRP never reaches the heights it should. Excellent concept but poor execution.

Khushi gets the step-mother treatment every time. Just like her character who played second fiddle to Payalia...Here it is ASR...Audience loves ASR, so we get ASR centric episodes.  Yest was one such episode - an excellent opportunity to portray Khushi's pain was wasted in my opinion. The conversation w/DM could have been so much more than it was. Instead we were left to interpretations from excellent writers on the forum to decode what was really on her mind. 

Akash is another poorly sketched character; not sure what his real problem is. All I get is, they are all ganging up on Khushi. When the whole story unfolds, Khushi is the SP bahuπŸ˜†

I will give Arnie a break, he has put his Di first all this time. Now he needs to put his wife first. Khushi has been thru worse situations. Yes, she is a fighter unlike Anjali but that doesn't mean she doesn't get her dues. So far they have done well maintaining him true to character.
Edited by --Sari-- - 11 years ago
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ohhh Sush nice to see you back!!!
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Sari and Vee.. good to see you too! I came back to watch it again...afetr a rocking performance on Friday July 6th...and these guys seem to be messing it up again and losing the momentum they created by the thappad episode...Oh..I really hope they dont lose the chance to keep the viewers who came back...!... Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Sush, good to have you posting! Don't worry much about the ME TRP. it was bad, agreed, but not many would watch a daily soap on weekends esp @ 7:00 PM.πŸ˜† not many shows score good ratings for weekend episodes.

And considering that Sobti's one week presence with drama delivered a top 5 spot for the TRP, i'd have expected better tracks! there is too much swing and i don't get the shoot 3 tracks and choose the best in the last minute part. Once Khushi tells NK she is okay with di taking flowers and once she goes i am narazz. ASR is concerned about his Di and wants to make Khushi happy. i don't get their backbone track!! and Mr. Hedge confirms that this is going to continue at least the man torn between di and wife parts, that's a pin to watch!!

I don't know what i want anymore πŸ˜†, but i sure hope they do something like the first 4 minutes of yesterday's episode, soothing and compelling!!
Hiyas Sush.. πŸ€—

Nice to see you posting again... But disappointed with your take on Khushi. I thought we were soul sister's always rooting for Khushi...πŸ˜†

Res for now... will update later in the day with my support for Khushi. Am hoping that today's episode will clear Khushi's side but I have to say that for a forum that can analyse every ASR move to the hilt without needing an explanation, the way Khushi is being made into a insensitive wife kind of explains why daily soaps ideal female lead is the SP bahu...

chocobubble thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
very well said!!!
even though people here are having problems wid anajli's character, i do not mind if they show the change in relationship dyanamics between arnav-khushi-anjali! it doesnt have to entirely go the "didi ki sautan" way to show that! the issue of concern is that they are not getting the characterizations right! i myself was aghast when arnav said hurtful words to khushi and was expecting something nice out of the whole track! but there u go! khushi blames herself and decides to walk out! arnav convinces her to stay back and also lets out a meek "i'll win u back"! thats it!!! then what? whatever happened to the girl who was gazing at the stars that night wid tearful eyes! i had liked the ME and also khushi's reluctance to go back to RM in the ME. but the following episodes were meek and made no sense majorly coz i was left confused with khushi's behavior back in RM! what is the whole point? what does she want exactly? a face-to-face happy b'day wid the two of them shaking hands-really!! or is it that she is really angry about the contract thing? or is she close to becoming the mahaan SP bahu and is sacrificing her happiness for him and his di??the problem is that cvs have never paid enough attention to khushi's character and have always left it unbaked for us to assume what goes on in her mind. it is obvious that the trp audience will lose patience. what could have been a possible good track is getting ruined again!
meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Sush, good to see your post! Hope you had a good trip to India😊.

The ME TRP's don't really count; for a daily show the weekend offering is a bonus so to say and does not count in the week's TRP's. The average for last week was 3, which is not bad. Most of us initially got a heart attack when the week's TRP's were posted at 2, but that was a typo quickly clarified by SP and the PH.

About the current track; i don't think the fuss Khushi is making is about the Happy b'day declaration. Khushi is upset about Arnav bringing up the marriage contract and she is probably trying to distance herself so that she can leave when the contract is up and not be the cause of grief for the bro-sis duo. So it is either that or Khushi wants Arnav to open up to her; he certainly has no problem in hurling abuses and harsh words then why is he dumbfounded in expressing his true feelings even after they have come so far in their relationship?

About Anjali; i think she needs time to heal, period. Her reaction is exactly as expected; it has barely been a couple of days since her world has come tumbling down and now in her mind she thinks she is being abandoned by her beloved Chote; which is not true because Arnav is making every effort to strike a balance and keep both ladies happy and protected.

I think the biggest problem here is that we jumped into this family drama right after the end of the kidnapping track. If the CV's had given a couple weeks of ARHI romance, love and positive growth before dropping us into this "didi ki saut" angle so to say, the TRP and online audience would have been a lot more receptive to this track and the emotions of each character involved.

Edited by meens80 - 11 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Lady, you have voiced my sentiments to the T, I must say. The serial is yo-yoing for heaven knows what reason and the Forum gets all worked up. The disappointment is not with the serial for the past few weeks but the general trend, sure it started with a lot of promise and then, you know the rest.

Adding my two cents to your points:

Anjali – that is pathetic woman, to blame someone else for your plight, its crystal clear who is at fault and who is not. You are only allowed to resent Khushi for being the cause the effect it entirely SMJ and ASR's doing. If the two important guys in your life had not messed it up, you would not be in this situation. Grow a spine woman; you are infuriating to say the least. Did you hear your "Chote" complain when you went all mushy over your spouse, don't think so. Therefore in addition to the spine grow a brain.

Arnav- for all you intelligence you are really duh, with a capital D. You need to attend to the two important women in your life, both need attention and TLC at the moment, you need to strike a balance. Dude remember this mess is created by you with a lot of assistance from SMJ, had you a gram of common sense you would handle the situation better and not let your wife bear the brunt of the taunts at home nor ignore a fragile sister, for whom you did what you did in the first place.

Khushi- you are what 19, 22, 23 or 25, whatever the number maybe act normal, if you vacillate in this manner, we will sure go MAD. I can understand your plight and my sympathies are with you, but girl, really, you are acting silly. Now that he knows the truth and the complete truth, give him a piece of your mind and get over the habit of leaving sentences half completed.

Note – is it really so difficult to say "Happy Birthday", really??? Apologizing I can understand, some folks cannot say sorry but a harmless birthday wish, come on guys, be reasonable. Sorry that is a lot to ask off from team 4 Lions.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Good to have you posting again Sush! Its slowly looses charm in certain episodes then comes back with a bang. What a freaking see-saw!