Posted: 11 years ago
part 26
nice part...
poor Ridhima...
cont soon dear...
.Dulcet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wonderful update :) .. loved it how u described the  little moments of them :) . they were really sweet :) 

thanks for the pm :) 

changed my username from ShilpaLuvsKMH

-shilpa
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Thank You all so very much for the comments. I truly appreciate the time you all invest in it. MUAH for that and love you all. <3

Update coming up soonish.  
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 28: Petrichor

"I am wearing out, Vivi," said Armaan, throwing his entire self onto the bean bag by the open terrace.

The air was gentle and breezy as the lighter clouds drifted away for the greyer ones to occupy. "It's not possible to go ahead with this anymore."

"You can't even think of giving up anymore now," said Vivek reassuringly. "I am sure we are leading closer with all the tracking."

"Closer is NOT what I need, Vivi. Don't you get it. This needs time. But time is exactly what I don't have," said Armaan, his hands shivering with the cold and with his own adrenaline overplay.

The French windows were translucent and Armaan noticed the breeze had picked up and a shower was quenching the earth.

"See. This is not the time to think negatively. No one is going to hurt Ridhima. You need to accept that and live by that for god's sake. Okay. Now, the fact that we at least reached his so called mansion is a huge thing. You need to stop thinking about how he escaped but of how far you have reached," Vivek said with finality.

"I know.  But I can't handle living with each passing second knowing that it's a second closer to something disastrous if I don't stop it. What if I am late, Vivi? Just what if?" his voice cracked as he ended. He drew in a huge breath to control himself.

Lately, he's been like this. A week ago, through some phones and after the tedious jobs of tracking down possible criminals who might be working for him, they had finally reached an apartment in the city; one where they found evidence that he was actually there and that he had had leaked sources which told him the police were on the move.  The possibility that he might have trusted the wrong men or that he just had had the biggest let down in his career and at a time when it shouldn't even be an eon close to him was driving him nuts. Things went downhill further over the week because nothing new cropped up and the only thing that sufficed him was the fact that Ridhima had bothered to talk properly after she had kissed him. And that was an entirely different subject.

"SHUT IT, ALREADY.  Nothing.. LISTEN N-O-T-H-I-N-G NOTHING will happen. Okay. You will quit worrying and'''" he saw Aditi bringing in the dinner, "and munch away."

"Precisely. I didn't carry myself AND my large lump around the kitchen and cook the tastiest rotis I have made in a while for you to bite over it with the nastiest thoughts in head." She set the table and flashed a full teeth smile at Armaan.

Armaan stared wholly at the couple. They were most definitely among the best things in his life. Their house was his constant shelter for his own reminded him of other unwanted stuffs and their friendship was literally salvation. They never once put him in the tight position of dealing things on his own. Since Vivek was always updated, he would bring Armaan home when he thought Armaan needed it and would set up his jumpy wife on loose and well the rest always is history.

"It's amazing, Adi," complemented Armaan.

"Thank You," she said happily as she opened the French windows. The sudden breeze that hushed the room was brilliant and just then rain slashed outside that the sound of it hitting the ground hard was powerfully attractive. "And you," she said pointing her index finger at Vivek. "You should pick up some habits from him."

"Cmon Adi. I do give you compliment...Just not verbally," he winked at her. She made this strange guttural sound followed by a grunt at which Vivek flew a kiss at her and the look that Adi returned ended with Armaan in splits for a whole minute.

"You like tea?" asked Aditi.

"Tea at this time?", said a confused Armaan. The time for tea was way gone and they had just finished an early dinner.

"Oh yeah. One of his other habits. Black tea in the morning. Milk tea or milk coffee in the evening and black tea with mint leaves at night," said Aditi, pulling a fake dramatic face.

"Ask me the endless number of your habits that I have deal with," said Vivek.

"Erm. I think you guys can deal it with your own little creation at a later time in a more private place," stepped in Armaan.

Rain splashed in and the conversation took to different topics.

Armaan sipped his piping hot minted black tea as he stood by the windows staring outside at the lushness of nature at its best.

"I really wish you told her already, you know?" said Aditi as she took a sip off her mickey mouse cup that help her wedding pic.

Armaan chuckled, almost mockingly.

"I wish that too. But if something goes wrong, then I think that secret should never be retrieved ever."

"How's it? Loving her?" asked Aditi, gently.

To an outsider, this was a plaid blunt question. But the two had bonded so well that such questions were bound to be the highlight of every talk. Armaan saw a great friend in Aditi and because she understood Ridhima as well, she was a wonderful person to be open to.

"Oh. I doubt I can explain that. I just feel her everywhere. I can see her everywhere. I can sense her everytime.  I don't know if it's love, though. But I know for sure that it is something strong."

Aditi nodded. She was fond of Armaan as a person for he exhibited the strength of a warrior and the fears of a man.  In her mind, the Armaan ' Ridhima equation was most complete and she did everything she could to make sure that equation actually would make itself visible. However in love the two was, unless openly tried and proved, it was just there hanging around as fickle feeling.

"Where's Vivi?" enquired Armaan.

"Oh! He's downstairs. Got a call," answered Aditi.

A silence prevailed though the rain was still at its noisy best.

Armaan breathed hard.

"This smell of mud after rain..like after it hits and moistens the mud..she smells like that'So f**king natural.." He laughed to himself. "Sometimes, it drives me crazy because it's damn provoking.. I know I sound clichd but it's the truth...I caught her wearing perfume once and trust me that's when I least liked her scent. I am glad she stuck to her own smell after that."

Aditi had a smile plastered in her face as she stared at him in awe. As much as it was clear that he was a man who deeply cared and felt for Ridhima in all of his actions, he very rarely put them into words; he did so neither in front of Ridhima nor in front of others. Now that it did, she felt her hairs standing straight.

"You coming down? We thought of watching a movie," said Aditi after some time.

"Yeah, sure. I just need to check in with Dad. He is overly forgetful of his medication," said Armaan.

"Okay. Join us soon," she said shortly.

A few moments later, her footsteps halted. She turned back.

"BTW. Its Petrichor."

"Sorry?"

"It's Petrichor. That's..uh..that's the smell of mud after rain," she smiled and left without a word more.

Armaan caught on a second later and as he faced the window once again, a tear rolled down his cheek. Only this time, after ages, it accompanied a happy memory.

Hit the like button if you wish to receive PMs on updating the next chapter.

Edited by Aubade. - 11 years ago