Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

IP REDUX; Alaap ...Second Thread !! (Page 9)

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by areeba_blossom

The dynamics of a relationship are finally changing. The growing passion and live between Arnav and Khushi, the wanting of unnecessary characteristics of high class girls from his simple wife, Akadh and Payal and the ever growing realization of a shattering world and abandonment from all the sides in Anjali's world! The waves are finally rising in each oth their lives.

The scene opens with Khushi sleeping and Arnav, held back by past and desperate to move on entering to try to break the barriers. He lays a dark red rose beside her trying to unleash his love for her and bends down to place a kiss. I loved the subtle lighting effects and the direction of this particular scene!

Khushi, who wants nothing but Arnav to break the barriers opens her eyes to realize the depth of this man's love for her. I see the sleeping beauty playing out here.

Arnav actually knows that Khushi likes 'Aloo puri' and going back to the past, he turns into the child he was and requests Nani to make that.
*it looked as if he was the same naughty yet quite Chotte which Anjali had mentioned from the childhood days!

Akash has registered not only with the betrayal of his trust but is also taking out his frustrations from the past few days! He is making it seem like his marriage was nothing but a mere mistake and that ignorant attitude had been picked up by Arnav today!

I'm really sick today and brain seemed to have freezed! If I feel better, I'll try to login again and edit!

What You had written so far had its usual stamp of Arreba on it ...

I will look forward to ur take on Akash..U started  quite interestingly..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nareshkotashivikrocksredwine1clarissajohnChitraF

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nareshkota

Originally posted by redwine1

yee IPKKND mujhe pagal karke hi chodega..

aapko direction ke bhare mein ithna kuch kaisa patha hein?

maine direction ke baare mein kab baat ki .. i am just the head of the Arshad Khan bashing brigade .. Wink

seriously .. family of film makers Big smile

so it's easy to understand behind the shots.. 

NO  .. it isn't ... can it be easy? ..  u being a writer .. can u predict what was behind a writers psyche when he wrote the shot .. na u can interpret .. Director ... even more difficult .. since what u see on screen is his interpretation of the written word .. & from than u r trying to cull the essence 

yeah exactly but it becomes easy to interpret and understand once we know what goes behind it..

But it takes lot of experience to understand where they failed.. 

Ok my view .. the directors work can still be critiqued a bit easily .. sometimes there are glaring errors .. 
Simply put when there is a scene .. which u felt was very important to the story line ..  the director dint give it the importance in execution .. u know thats his error ..
When the story line demands that u bond with some one .. or some character .. & the audience doesnt ..u know the director is at fault .,.

The story & screenplay errors specially in serials r much more tougher to catch simply because of the spread out & pacing ..  what always shocks me is how people .. catch that & miss out on the Directors errors .. coz its the director who is interpreting here .. the first mistake is his .. 

I  agree it is difficult in catching flaws in the script and story flow in a serial director yes.. it is relatively easy but sometimes it comes to how much you interpret a given scene by yourself and how you want to see it..

because there is no fixed definition for this..

So true dude ...

a single scene given to 3 different directors will turn out differently .. u know when u go to film school.. they teach the director only technical stuff ... like editing , mixing ,.. sound , camera, lighting ... rudimentary of script writing ... all fields which he technically doesnt do on his own but has others to do .. BUT yet he has to know all as he is captain of the ship ... since u can't teach a person what is direction ... its his understanding ..like painting or designing .. its a creative field

there is a complete difference in a romantic scene of Raj Kapoor & yash chopra .. a i love you in YC film wil be very different from the RK film .. as its all about interpretation ..

[/QUOTE]

so true so true.. no person can say this is only way to interpret.. it is a director or a person who is named director that person's pov is what people will be seeing and judging..
[/QUOTE]

Big smileBig smileBig smile

BANG ON .. unfortunately here poor GH gets pulled up or patted on the back more than AK .. which is probably the reason he is always PMSing ...Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nareshkotasree07Lizzy2012

sree07 IF-Rockerz
sree07
sree07

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Hoila...

rangmunch video of DB explaining anjali's tragedy LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nareshkotameghavnredwine1ChitraF

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arhimaniac

Originally posted by clarissajohn

Originally posted by clarissajohn

guys see this...its unbelievable how immature are ppl out there!! 

Bushy can u give short WU of what she is saying as im in office cant here coz chief is here Tongue

yaar DB is getting a lot of hatemails...and she is like pls understand her hubby is kicked out yesterday,...she is shattered...I don't want the whole of RM to cry with me but neither i want that if i walk in another room...lights are setup and a celebration is taking place

AD says treat it as a drama we are actors role playing we are not like this...

DB says a beautiful story line is ahead pls keep watching 

and love dove Embarrassed

What she is saying is true na. leave her and watch it . poor gal

exactly why send hate mails to the actor...and how the hell do these ppl get their email addresses??

And see she is right abhi ek din hua hai...she even mentioned ke agar 1 week 10 days hogaye hote to it would have been acceptable to Anjali to accept the celebration...lekin kal hi has gone and today khushi's birthday...Smile

Akshay looked quite put out...i think with the scenario with GH yesterday on twitter and Anjali on mails...he was sounding serious...& unhappy

Boquets and Brickbats !!   all part of  being public life.. I truly admire DB's patience and understanding  where she is trying to address the issue logically ..

Poor Akshya..He seems to be every one's Man friday !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NareshkotaNina90Arhimaniac

Nina90 IF-Dazzler
Nina90
Nina90

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by Nina90

Me first! WIll post my analysis here to keep to Tanths words!

It's going to be quite short today since most of what I felt I've said during analysis.

Will not be touching the Arshi scene because it spoke for itself; rather the rest of it because I mess up the enjoyment factor when I do. The entire sequence of scenes today is moving towards the most intricate of issues; 'When tragedy strikes, how soon is too soon to move on?'

So first there is Arnav; the major player in this track and for all intents and purposes, he seems to have completely forgotten about Shyam and is going right behind Khushi. But is he? A man who couldn't get over seeing his sister with a sharp instrument(that wasn't sharp at allLOL), a completely blank look in her eyes, all thoughts on destroying the one being she had cherished the arrival of; has he so soon forgotten? Absolutely not but, he doesn't know how to make it right for his Di. He's almost like avoiding her aside from asking after her because he is not comfortable with what she'll ask for. He simply cannot bring Shyam back, but neither can he risking meeting his Di in the eye and saying it to her face. Arnav is mourning, but what he is mourning is not Shyam, or the lost happiness of his Di but the connection, the closeness that he used to share with her; the motherliness he used to get from her that has gone now, when he is at the precipice of his relationship.

He's trying to show his love, something that had been in his Di's prayers since forever and circumstances being different, he'd definitely have roped her in. But now, each time he sees her, it pinches hard that he can't, that his love life can never coincide with his relation to his Di; that's why each time he sees her, he gasps.

Next most important is Nani; the scene that struck me here was the one where she invites Khushi for the Satsang. Does she not know the tense feelings between Anjali and Khushi? Would the woman who asked Khushi to be away from Anjali ask her to accompany Anjali? Has she forgotten? Definitely no. In a family, when a relationship seems to be on tenterhooks, it happens to be the duty of the elders to try to ease the situation and that, is what Nani is trying to do. She may not be asking Anjali to get over Shyam so soon, but she definitely is trying to ease the hard feelings between Anjali and Khushi. And the place she is going to is s Satsang; something that both Anjali and Khushi relate to, something that is close to both their hearts and is capable of softening their minds. It was a good try, only that Khushi's fear of being rejected is playing up big time with Anjali and making her refuse.

The last to complete the triangle, Khushi herself. Has she moved on from the fiasco? Is she out of the throes of guilt and depression that plagued her a few days back? Her continued avoidance of Anjali speaks otherwise; she is the worst off among the three mentioned here and she will continue to be because she considers herself the perpetual outsider. That's why, the moment Nani asks about the Satsang, she excuses herself from, not just Anjali, but also from the rest of the family. Her refusal to accept Arnav's actions, her demand for an outward expression/words, to me, appears to be that of a person taking her first, unsure step in accepting her worth. She flickers between joy and stubbornness because part of her mind has awaken to the place she holds in the house's, if not the entire family, atleast Arnav's life. Another part of her that understands Arnav wants to let go. Its yet to see which side wins!

As for the rest of the family, they are flickering between normalcy and tenseness; the latter being in the presence of or whenever Anjali is mentioned.

Anjali's situation is not unlike a multi wheeled vehicle where one wheel is stuck in a depression; the rest of the wheels cannot move ahead no matter how much they try and will be drawn back to the stuck wheel. The family which is trying to built back its former splendor crumbles back at the presence of Anjali. Anjali needs a hefty push up from the dumps she has cast herself in and with her Chote being too far away from her, only Shyam remains as the viable option.

Tidbits:

1. Akash, I just have one question for you; how old are you? Seriously, getting a handkerchief from your mother because you're angry with your wife? You should have been blessed with a Kali like wife!

2. Arnav-Nk as usual manage to bring a few smiles; they seem to be taking up the role of comedians rather well; I can only hope they don't stretch this too like they do everything else.

3. Mamiji! You're losing all the brownie points you had gained from me! Now I know why Bubbili was the way she was!

Not the best of mine, but I've managed to lose a few pointers I'd gathered since I saw the epi! Will try to make it better with today's!

Nina,

I  am  struck speechless in wonder , at the intuitive way u have approached the characters  ... I esp liked teh  stuck wheel analogy .. How apt  and true , it really is ...

I am  going to be ur regular reader !!Smile

Tanths, Thank you so much for liking what I wrote. I couldn't do justice to the beauty of the epi. The post seemed bleak to me and unworthy of Redux but now, I can rest that Tanths likes it so it must be aa little good, atleast!

Star

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nareshkotatanthya

Nareshkota Goldie
Nareshkota
Nareshkota

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged

yee IPKKND mujhe pagal karke hi chodega..

aapko direction ke bhare mein ithna kuch kaisa patha hein?

maine direction ke baare mein kab baat ki .. i am just the head of the Arshad Khan bashing brigade .. Wink

seriously .. family of film makers Big smile

so it's easy to understand behind the shots.. 

NO  .. it isn't ... can it be easy? ..  u being a writer .. can u predict what was behind a writers psyche when he wrote the shot .. na u can interpret .. Director ... even more difficult .. since what u see on screen is his interpretation of the written word .. & from than u r trying to cull the essence 

yeah exactly but it becomes easy to interpret and understand once we know what goes behind it..

But it takes lot of experience to understand where they failed.. 

Ok my view .. the directors work can still be critiqued a bit easily .. sometimes there are glaring errors .. 
Simply put when there is a scene .. which u felt was very important to the story line ..  the director dint give it the importance in execution .. u know thats his error ..
When the story line demands that u bond with some one .. or some character .. & the audience doesnt ..u know the director is at fault .,.

The story & screenplay errors specially in serials r much more tougher to catch simply because of the spread out & pacing ..  what always shocks me is how people .. catch that & miss out on the Directors errors .. coz its the director who is interpreting here .. the first mistake is his .. 

I  agree it is difficult in catching flaws in the script and story flow in a serial director yes.. it is relatively easy but sometimes it comes to how much you interpret a given scene by yourself and how you want to see it..

because there is no fixed definition for this..

So true dude ...

a single scene given to 3 different directors will turn out differently .. u know when u go to film school.. they teach the director only technical stuff ... like editing , mixing ,.. sound , camera, lighting ... rudimentary of script writing ... all fields which he technically doesnt do on his own but has others to do .. BUT yet he has to know all as he is captain of the ship ... since u can't teach a person what is direction ... its his understanding ..like painting or designing .. its a creative field

there is a complete difference in a romantic scene of Raj Kapoor & yash chopra .. a i love you in YC film wil be very different from the RK film .. as its all about interpretation ..

so true so true.. no person can say this is only way to interpret.. it is a director or a person who is named director that person's pov is what people will be seeing and judging..
[/QUOTE]

BANG ON .. unfortunately here poor GH gets pulled up or patted on the back more than AK .. which is probably the reason he is always PMSing ...Wink

[/QUOTE]

yeah GH really needs a break from PMSing..he is just a screnplay writer so he need not be that repulsive..  but AK really needs to pull up his socks more..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1

sree07 IF-Rockerz
sree07
sree07

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged

ROFLROFL

I stepped out of redux for a while and started picking on my gotti boy? Stern Smile

Nareshkotameghavn

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sree07

Hoila...

rangmunch video of DB explaining anjali's tragedy LOL

Where are ur bring Shyam back protests ... saw only one today ?Big smile

Nareshkotasree07