India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

i know what killed the TRPs last week?

mars80 Senior Member
mars80
mars80

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged
First of all, this is a real life incident that happened with me with which I was able to understand a layman viewer's point of view. This incident includes 4 ladies all middle aged, one of which is my mother, two are my younger khalas, and last my maami. So this is what happened ...

I was re-watching the monday's episode on LCD screen at my parents' place yesterday before the tuesday episode was aired ... only coz i luved luved the bday track, and my mom came to ask what i was doing ... she saw and sat asking me what's going on in the play ... just a lil info abt the ladies of my family ... they do watch indian dramas but not regularly, they watch it till they don't feel like it's being dragged and all of them are very practical ladies unlike me who in the 30s still go all happy when listening/watching fairy tales ... so my mom used to watch IPK initially and she knows that Shyam is the bad guy who's after Khushi and all, and then she just watches it while surfing the TV so when she saw ArHi scene, she was curious to ask what was going on ... and you know me being the fantasy person that i am starting telling her abt ME and the bday track, so she started watching it with me too ... and then when Anjali track came i was going to shut it off but she stopped me ... well u know after that i got up to do something else ... n when i came back u shud have seen my mom's expressions ... i was like what happened mom ... and she said how i can even watch such a crap, and i was like mom, kya hogaya? ... and she started talking abt how unrealistic and idiot anjali is behaving ... and so i tried to defend anjali (i dont even know why i did that coz i personally don't understand her behaviour, but i guess it was abt my beloved show and how can i let someone bash it) so i defended her by telling her what happened and all, and she said fine everything bad happened to her and she's depressed and all but this is no way to behave for a brother whom she doted all the time (my mom knows from the earlier episodes how Anjali always was with ASR) ... mom thinks that ppl when depressed do hate others esp their close relatives but showing her crying like she's the other wife is "behooda" (those were her words for anjali's behavior) and i still continued my defense saying that tis just a show mom, and she said even shows should never molest some relationships like of siblings and of parent/child ... she said that in real world ugly things do take place even between siblings and parents and children but it doesn't mean you show them on screen, coz that makes taboos of society more acceptable ... and then this story circulated between the three sisters (mom and my two khalas) and the sister in law(my mami) ... side note, the children of these ladies including myself call them the BBC network coz if one thing happens in one's house the other three families will know automatically and rite away and there's no telepathy btw ... tis simply put in words amongst the ladies and mind it one of my khalas is in US too ... lol ... so they started talking abt Anjali's behavior and they were all after me saying why im watching indian plays, esp such a bad one ... my maami said iss se toh saas bahu waale drama hee achchay hotay hain ... and i am seriously lost for words against these four ladies ... i know i wont stop watching the show but at least i'll be careful not to watch it very curiously when im at my parents' place not atleast while they are looking ... and then after seeing the TRPs, this whole fiasco made me realize that i have access to internet and IF and so I can rant and try to understand Anjali's behavior by other ppl's positive posts abt her, but a regular viewer like my mom and aunts they are going with what is being shown on TV and that's why ppl neither sympathize with Anjali nor do they show interest in watching the show further ... and that's what ruins the TRPs too!

So my sincere requests to CVs that plz can you really really think what you are trying to show with Anjali before putting it on screen coz there are viewers like my mom and aunts out there who do go simply by the face value of it, and although i absolutely luv luv the show, I will still not affect the TRPs as those ladies can ... a fine line between depression and behooda-ness like mom said ... keep it segregated!

P.S. This is just one view of mine ... i have no intent of bashing anyone ... this is what happened to me and made me realize something so i wanted to share ... if ne of you have experienced similar incidents, do share so we can get the msg across!

P.P.S. And yeah my mom is one of those bhaabis whose nand got a divorce within two years of marriage coz her husband fell in luv with someone else, and that nand even had a year old daughter at that time, and yet she lived with her brothers all her life and her brother supported her all the time ... and except for instances when she'll get fits (coz she got sick due to depression and still is sick) she wud barge in on everyone shouting and crying and saying bad words, but when she was normal, she wud always be happy with her family's happiness ... and im not saying that coz she's my phuppo, my mom says that all the time and even respects my phuppo alot for her behavior ... so i kindda see what my mother meant when she said that abt Anjali as mom had spent her time in such a situation too!

Edited by mars80 - 18 July 2012 at 4:32am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011SumukizafiDeedeepa1

mars80 Senior Member
mars80
mars80

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
so they did listen to me ... at least they gave more suitable dialogues to Anjali today (except for when she says she wants a son like Shyam...arghhh! ... but oh well she's delusional plus she did cry after saying that so tis still digestible) ... today after so many days for the very FIRST time, I did kindda felt bad for her ... i think the writers and CVs should give her dialogues like that and no stupid visits to her brother's room like barging in in the middle of the nite or asking him to come with her to the gynea ... if it works like that im sure ppl will eventually start to feel sorry for Anjali and maybe then i can get my mom/aunts to change their povs too Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top