Buddha

The 9th avatar of Lord Vishnu??? (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 11

Page 1 Page 10
Page   of 11

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Nice discussion, guys! I didn't reply for a long time because I was content reading your posts.

But I just want to say that I too believe Vishnu never left Vaikunta. All his avatars were only amsas of him, because if Vishnu himself left Vaikunta the universe would come to an end, because it is Vishnu who rules the universe at every moment in time.Smile Lord Brahma creates it, Lord Vishnu rules it, and then Lord Shiva destroys it at the end of time.

Entire Vishnu will never have to leave Vaikunta to kill someone, because his amsas are strong enough to do it. No rakshas who was killed by him was so strong that entire Vishnu had to be reborn to kill him. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parashurama, Rama, Krishna, Buddha/Balarama/Balaji were all amsas. About Kalki I do not know since he did not even come yet.Embarrassed

And yes, it's Adhyatma Ramayana that says that Rama was an amsa of Vishnu, Lakshman an amsa of Seshnaga, Bharat an amsa of Sudarshan Chakra, and Shatrughan an amsa of the Panchajanya. This scene was shown in an old telugu movie called Sita Rama Kalyanam.

It starts from 7:09 in here:

and the beginning of here:

Only thing is that this movie too showed all of Vishnu being incarnated as Rama, which I believe is wrong since for me, Vishnu is always up there in Vaikunta regardless of which avatar of his is on Earth.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 06 August 2012 at 12:23pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The 9th avatar of Lord Vishnu??? (Page 11)" in Buddha forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Gautam Buddha is very much an avtar and one of the 24 avtars. It's mentioned in Srimad Bhagavatam clearly.

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Lovely discussion here. Yes I also think Vishnu ji never lefy Vaikundha and all his Avatars were anshas

.Reshama.

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Lovely discussion here. Yes I also think Vidshnu ji never lefy Vaikundha and all his Avatars were anshas
i agree with ur comment dear =D

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Entire Vishnu will never have to leave Vaikunta to kill someone, because his amsas are strong enough to do it. No rakshas who was killed by him was so strong that entire Vishnu had to be reborn to kill him. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parashurama, Rama, Krishna, Buddha/Balarama/Balaji were all amsas. About Kalki I do not know since he did not even come yet.Embarrassed
But Krishna is clearly mentioned and believed to be Poorna avatar of Vishnu Chelli. He was not ansha but complete Vishnu. I don't think Vishnu needs to leave Vaikunth even when he incarnates on earth with all his kalas (measure of consciousness). Vishnu in Vaikunth is the super divine supreme yogic body, soul and energy and lives there eternally and the same energy is Narayan the all pervasive in all of us. That can simultaneously take another body (like it has taken so many of them) with complete knowledge of self (which we don't have but Krishna had) and with same Gunas of nature which we associate with Sagun roop of God - Vishnu (One of the Trinities). It's just about having knowledge of self. Self realized body. And there can be multiple self realized bodies. Infinity divided by two doesn't become half infinity. It still remains infinity.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 October 2012 at 2:21pm

bhakti2

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 March 2014 at 4:30am | IP Logged
I have got this thread here opened from Mytho Masti forum, where it was previously hosted.  We had a good discussion here so far about the validity of the arguments about Buddha being an avatar of Vishnu.  If you have any questions or wish to discuss it further, this is a good place to resume.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top