Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

India-Forums

Hair, Make-Up and Costume

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Our characters need a bit of variety in their hair, make-up and costumes...

Sugni- Let's get our Sugni with some make-up on...she showed up at Aditya-Amrita's engagement looking rather the same - no difference in her hair or her make-up...We need to give her a make over some day...Gulki Joshi's fb profile has an awesome looking picture of her.

and this one

On certain days we all look different. Let us see Sugni without those clips in her hair...TVS has seen her look different and done up on two occasions - first when she did the Rai dance and second when she performed at the mela.

TVS - Poor guy has only a few outfits and that scraf - it JUST has to go. And those shoes with the points...come on guys; give him some more clothes. I still think it would help him to loose a few pounds - no offense.

Amrita - Thankfullly she's out of her tight pants and jackets - give her more variety with her clothes, make-up and jewelery...If it is night, make sure she's in her nightdress.

JijI - TVS sister...yes at night, she needs to be in a nightdress.

What would give this show some strength is when rich families retire for the night, the whole family gets out of their formal clothes and lounge about...TVS has his kurta pjs and Aditya has his...but get the ladies their stuff.

Some authenticity

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

romancefanHoneySucklestephhhVinnie79pyar-ishk

stephhh IF-Rockerz
stephhh
stephhh

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 6:35am | IP Logged
wow nice post Laila...U truly read my mind. I also think PSH need to work on its characters' wardrobes. They need to have variations and more style

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

romancefan

HoneySuckle Goldie
HoneySuckle
HoneySuckle

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:09am | IP Logged
i hate sugni's hairstyle.. seriously it looks like her hair has too much oil in it..makes her hair look dirty...maybe they should let her leave her hair open..it would look much better

stephhh

romancefan Goldie
romancefan
romancefan

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Yes Sugni's hair does look kinda oily.Smile

widdy

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Indian television is completely disastrous when it comes to variety with hair, make-up and even clothes...I have watched one too many a show and noted that the production team gets their characters into uniforms...If a character has one shade of lipstick, that character wears the same shade for every scene - casual, evening, wedding - you name it! In one show the character had her hair in a braid for every scene! Even her first two attempts of a wedding night, she had her hair in a braid.

Sugni wears shalver kameez the same way for every scene...and they are the same style - short sleeved with the patti at the bottom.  On the day of Amrita-Adiya's wedding, they got her out of it but they didn't do anything with her hair or her make-up! They should have done her hair differently - I mean something...they got her in a saree but beyond that - nothing else...I think it would be a refreshing change to see something different.

Granted TVS fell for her character' but puleeze, they could have done something else to make him do a double-take...the fact that Amrita's pictures captured her natural beauty and she had such an amazing personality makes us understand why TVS fell for her but puleeze wardrobe people do something better.

And Adi's jeans? Oof...and the green shirt?

Perhaps Jiji an talk to her.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyHoneySucklepyar-ishk

Vinnie79 IF-Rockerz
Vinnie79
Vinnie79

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
LOL Laila ...this is a nice light hearted topic , apart from the heavey drama  going  on these days!
  You are right, in All the  Indian series I  have watched , that characters always dress one specific way ... for ever.
 Take  TVS the man has  litarally 2 type of clothing , that long sleeve, waist coat, suite and the White Kurta pajama and those hideous ugly looking slippers. I  mean  For aThakur, and a modernized one at that  can't he own a some other type of  clothing? can't he have a dress down day with a pair of jeans...lol
 I would understand sugni mode of dress, as they are portraying her as poor ect. but they could  give her a  ghagra or something else once in a while...The girl has the same suite in diffrent colors !!!

JIJI well she  gets up and goes to sleep with  every thing in place,  remember when G barged in, if every one was asleep  how come that big bun in the back of her head was intact??? what did she do  brush it back before Rushing out  out fully made up?
 Seriously I don't think the wardrobe people on these shows  think about normal things like  that. The Uniform idea is apt...they  do look like they are in uniforms! lol

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyromancefanHoneySuckleLaila2009pyar-ishk

DOC108 IF-Rockerz
DOC108
DOC108

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
laila u  r absolutely right  varun really needs to loose that wt esp the paunch and they make him wear such tight jackets that he looks like a kaka  i personally dont like sugni at all might because of the clothes her mother is better dressed 

widdy

pyar-ishk IF-Stunnerz
pyar-ishk
pyar-ishk

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Awesome post Laila

I hate the wardrobe of most female leads. It's like the PH spending stop right when it come's to there wardrobe Dead I'm so glad you brought it up cause I said besides the blue sari this is Sugni same look gosh even the bedni came and used her lipstick on Sugni (unhygienic) but when she arrive had the same lip gloss. I hate the string of hair on both sides of her face and those pins need to go.

Now that she's in the mansion am hoping before all hell breaks lose she starts wearing the clothes Amu got for her and there is scenes where TVS see's her with her hair loose Day Dreaming

Amu wardrobe change is also good and I see she has different sandals cause the one she had Sugni practice were very nice

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyromancefanVinnie79Laila2009

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index