India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

7/17/12 episode

trina_saras IF-Stunnerz
trina_saras
trina_saras

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
That was another action-packed episode.  Not much calmness apart from the Saxena house. 

First off, amazing performances by both Abhimanyu and Krishna during the match.  Both men appeared fit and strong enough to throw the other.  They also looked ready to tear each other apart which of course, they did technically in the first half.  (I loved the Krishna Krishna music they played when the camera went on him the other day.) 

Did anyone notice that Ghanti Dadi's outfit was the most puke shade of yellow and that her blusher matched it?  I honestly thought she looked sicker than Abhimanyu later.  Like she had jaundice.  They should have gotten a second jeep to take her to the hospital.  Regardless, she managed to survive the match even with her poor taste in clothing. 

We all knew Abhimanyu wouldn't win because of the poison slipped into his milk, but when he just keeled over onto Krishna in the second half, it was dramatic.  Seeing the poison drip through his mouth and him looking unconscious was bad enough, but what made it worse were the looks of knowing exchanged between Shakti and Abhimanyu's trainer.  Not only that but Shakti telling Krishna to hit him.  Um Shakti, you don't hit an unconscious man in a match.  Not only is it stupid to do so in front of an entire group of witnesses, but it's inhumane.  I forget that Shakti does absolutely nothing fair in his life.  Plus, he doesn't get along with lawyers.  remember Aman Mathur.  He was ready to punch the guy for helping Pratigya during her case with her dad. 

Of course, the moment of truth was the moment we have all waited for.  When Abhimanyu fails to regain consciousness on the ground, and Shakuntala and SS cannot revive him, then SS cries out that he is his son and all hell breaks loose.  When faced with the possibility of losing his other son, SS is forced to admit everything he has been trying to hide and I honestly think he doesn't care who knows as long as he can save the boy's life.  Another amazing moment for SS, one where I have to applaud him for his compassion and his acting like a father should.  When Shakuntala cries out, noone even bothers listening but when SS shouts through the arena, people start reacting.  Among those people, his Thakur children.  Shocked

Pratigya's reaction is not a surprised one, she's known all along and probably just hopes Abhimanyu makes it.  She understands the man's pain and desperation to seal his identity and the way he is now sacrificing everything for it.  How ironic that when SS finally admits to the connection he has with Abhimanyu, the man is completely unconscious to hear him.  So the person to whom that confession would have meant the most misses it.  Krishna's reaction ranges from shock to extreme anger, and it is understandable.  The man whom he has been wrestling to get rid of in the haveli is the man who has just blown his world apart.  A man who has hidden his identity, and made his own father take his side.  A man who yes, put him on trial and made his life very unpleasant.  So the discovery of who he really is is the last straw for Krishna Singh Thakur, and his brother.  Enough so that noone is allowed to support SS at the hospital, because SS is now the enemy.   

The scene at the haveli is basically pandemonium, not a shock either.  As usual, when the Thakurs get mad, they strike out physically because it's all they can do.  Krishna drags out the belongings of an unconscious man and his mother, because what else can he do he feels so helpless.  This after Kesar cuts off the water supply, refuses to let Shakuntala cook in the kitchen, Shakti beats the pulp out of him, Ghanti Dadi takes medical help from Shakuntala and Samar gets workout lessons from him.  Yeah, the lawyer sahib is a little sarcastic, he has interfered in family matters but he doesn't deserve to die.  And that too, at the hands of a brute like Shakti Singh.  Who would protect the rights of the downtrodden?  Who is going to look after Shakuntala?  Setting fire to their things gives Krishna and his brother a catharsis they sorely need.  It also makes them look like ridiculous thugs.  Everyone knows SS can afford to buy ten wardrobes far nicer than whatever the lawyer and his mother had packed in their luggage.  They should have just thrown the stuff out, like civilized human beings instead of creating a wall of smoke that is going to rise up to the second floor and pollute the air of the haveli.  I wonder where Samar is in all of this.  Better send him to his aunt's house for his own good.               

The second best scene is of course, the last one where Komal sees her dad and Shakuntala sitting in the hospital holding hands.  She masters this dialogue to the last line.  Appearing all friendly and calm, she starts to confront her father and the woman next to him like a very placid wife and DIL of the educated Saxena family.  But as she gets going, she shows her real emotions, shedding the sarcasm and then expressing what she is really thinking like a Singh.  In that way, she twists the knife in a way her brothers can't.  She can't possibly know or care what SS and Shakuntala are going through, waiting for news of Abhimanyu.  But just for a second, could she even dream of what it's like to not walk around in fine clothes and grow up in a house full of servants?  Could she understand how hard that is?  It's a lot to ask of any Thakur child who lives in the lap of luxury without doing any work for it.  Komal herself has never suffered any mistreatment at the hands of her brothers, so how can she understand someone who has?  It shocks me to think that Shakti and Komal are both parents, because this is the example they set for their children, using bad language and destroying people's things. 

Best performances:  Abhimanyu, Krishna, SS, and Komal.  Clap      

Edited by trina_one - 18 July 2012 at 7:58am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Mohinti97liipsassrbaqri-BugsBunny-suk4Love-u-allCrAzYREDHamiSkyhussainramsoFleurBleuepiyarapiyariabhiloveriya

hussainramso IF-Sizzlerz
hussainramso
hussainramso

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Another winner Trina!!
Komal has always irritated me but today she really pissed me off!! I can understand shock and anger but a little restraint would have been nice.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

liipsassrbaqrisuk4Love-u-allCrAzYREDpiyarapiyariabhiloveriyatrina_saras

CrAzYRED IF-Rockerz
CrAzYRED
CrAzYRED

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meanreds

Another winner Trina!!
Komal has always irritated me but today she really pissed me off!! I can understand shock and anger but a little restraint would have been nice.
Another first ehAngry...Komal Komal Komal, where do i begin but she ain't revulsion as GD.Angry

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

liipsassrbaqrisuk4Love-u-allhussainramsopiyarapiyaritrina_saras

liipsa Senior Member
liipsa
liipsa

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
great analysis...Staru have covered anythingClap.
agree with your views on komal,she is ill manned just like kn.she is loud mouthed and insults ever1 who according to her is wrong.initially she used to taunt her sasural,then pratigya,then kriya,then tanmay.She even spit on her father's face...i could go on and on abt herAngry

keep them comingSmile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mohinti97ssrbaqrisuk4Love-u-allhussainramsopiyarapiyaritrina_saras

Caped_Crusader IF-Sizzlerz
Caped_Crusader
Caped_Crusader

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina_one

We all knew Abhimanyu wouldn't win because of the poison slipped into his milk, but when he just keeled over onto Krishna in the second half, it was dramatic.  Seeing the poison drip through his mouth and him looking unconscious was bad enough, but what made it worse were the looks of knowing exchanged between Shakti and Abhimanyu's trainer.  Not only that but Shakti telling Krishna to hit him.  Um Shakti, you don't hit an unconscious man in a match.  Not only is it stupid to do so in front of an entire group of witnesses, but it's inhumane.  I forget that Shakti does absolutely nothing fair in his life.  Plus, he doesn't get along with lawyers.  remember Aman Mathur.  He was ready to punch the guy for helping Pratigya during her case with her dad.

I Think You Likes All The Negative Characters Of MKAP Except Shakti.Wink

Pratigya's reaction is not a surprised one, she's known all along and probably just hopes Abhimanyu makes it.  She understands the man's pain and desperation to seal his identity and the way he is now sacrificing everything for it.  How ironic that when SS finally admits to the connection he has with Abhimanyu, the man is completely unconscious to hear him.  So the person to whom that confession would have meant the most misses it.  Krishna's reaction ranges from shock to extreme anger, and it is understandable.  The man whom he has been wrestling to get rid of in the haveli is the man who has just blown his world apart.  A man who has hidden his identity, and made his own father take his side.  A man who yes, put him on trial and made his life very unpleasant.  So the discovery of who he really is is the last straw for Krishna Singh Thakur, and his brother.  Enough so that noone is allowed to support SS at the hospital, because SS is now the enemy. 

P Can Understand The Pain Of ASY But Not The Pain Of Her Hubby.Very Good.How Unique She Is!K Is Not Angry Because ASY Is His Brother.He Is Angry Because His Characterless Father Betrayed Him,Betrayed His Family.And ASY Is Not His Brother! 

The scene at the haveli is basically pandemonium, not a shock either.  As usual, when the Thakurs get mad, they strike out physically because it's all they can do.  Krishna drags out the belongings of an unconscious man and his mother, because what else can he do he feels so helpless.  This after Kesar cuts off the water supply, refuses to let Shakuntala cook in the kitchen, Shakti beats the pulp out of him, Ghanti Dadi takes medical help from Shakuntala and Samar gets workout lessons from him.  Yeah, the lawyer sahib is a little sarcastic, he has interfered in family matters but he doesn't deserve to die.  And that too, at the hands of a brute like Shakti Singh.  Who would protect the rights of the downtrodden?  Who is going to look after Shakuntala?  Setting fire to their things gives Krishna and his brother a catharsis they sorely need.  It also makes them look like ridiculous thugs.  Everyone knows SS can afford to buy ten wardrobes far nicer than whatever the lawyer and his mother had packed in their luggage.  They should have just thrown the stuff out, like civilized human beings instead of creating a wall of smoke that is going to rise up to the second floor and pollute the air of the haveli.  I wonder where Samar is in all of this.  Better send him to his aunt's house for his own good. 

K Was 100% Right There.And SS Is Unable To Buy A Single Sari For His Love Interest&A Shirt For His Son.Because He Has Nothing...No Haveli,No Property.He Is Surviving On His Sons K&Shakti.Haveli&All Property Belongs To P&Kesar.Shakti Is Current Caretaker Of These Properties.I'm Sure That They'll Not Send Their Money For Their Father's Girlfriend.            

K Left ASY When He Felt That ASY Is Not In Condition To Fight.He Could Break ASY's Neck.But He Didn't.Now This Call Humanity.
&ASY...He Tried To Hang A Innocent Man.It's None Other Than His So Called Brother.It Is Enough To Put ASY In Shaki's Category.

I Wonder You Never Left A Single Mistake Done By Any Character.But How Could You Forget That What ASY Done In Court!

Edited by -aHnAf- - 18 July 2012 at 2:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

piyarapiyari

Devil86 IF-Rockerz
Devil86
Devil86

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:21am | IP Logged
lakin komal ne saab ko maaza chakya hai lakin eik hai jis ke saath komal ka koe scene nahi huwa hai
komal and menka

ssrbaqri IF-Dazzler
ssrbaqri
ssrbaqri

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Good analysis, trina. U hv covered every detail.
To begin with, it was a nicely shot kushti sequence as it appeared very real. It would hv been an exciting n fierce contest but Shakti's treachery spoiled all the fun. ASY fought so well despite being under the influence of the poison & Krishna's intensity was also a treat to watch.
Krishna showed a lot of character when he decided not to beat an unconscious ASY. But what Krishna did in today's episode makes me feel ashamed of him. First he did not allow Pratz n others to go to the hispital which was such a disgraceful act...gosh, he had no concern for the man who was battling for his life. And what he did in TN by setting the belongings of ASY afire was much more shameful. He just looked like another beast in a house already filled with junglee, illiterate n uncivilised thakurs. A big thumbs down to KST for this ugly display of apathy. Being in a state of shock does'nt justify such lowly behaviour. Therefore, ASY was a hero to me throughout the episode.
SS' hystrionics n confession after seeing ASY in trouble was the emotional high point of the episode.
Pratigya's intention to help ASY was praiseworthy...although I failed to understand why she did not resist Krishna's unjustified pressure.
Komal was fully in character with all that badtameezi n abusive language she resorted to. After all, she is also a jahil, junglee inmate of the infamous TN.

Edited by ssrbaqri - 18 July 2012 at 2:37am

trina_saras

abhiloveriya IF-Sizzlerz
abhiloveriya
abhiloveriya

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged

Great analysis...

trina_saras

Go to top