Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Book suggestion

-Sukh- Senior Member
-Sukh-
-Sukh-

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Hi,
I'm having my summer breaks now, and wondered if anyone of you could recommend a good book to read? Finally I can read something else than just school books, so really looking forward to read a good book. Therefore I though I should ask you guys since we all love IPKKND, and maybe we share the same taste in books as well?

:)

-Sukh- Senior Member
-Sukh-
-Sukh-

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Anyone?
Something Arhsi-ish?
GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
mills and boons ( which i never read except some parts...) grab a m&b book.. as GUL is inspired from that .. u might like that...

actually living with arshi is different than reading... ( my POV) ..
-sanika- IF-Rockerz
-sanika-
-sanika-

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sukh-

Hi,
I'm having my summer breaks now, and wondered if anyone of you could recommend a good book to read? Finally I can read something else than just school books, so really looking forward to read a good book. Therefore I though I should ask you guys since we all love IPKKND, and maybe we share the same taste in books as well?

Well, I can suggest loads as I am a compulsive reader, but what kind of genre do you like ? Romance, Fiction, Fantasy, Inspirational, Biographies ...

For starters, since you seem to like romance, you might like books by Nora Roberts. Also, I read a story once, in which the lead characters are quite similar to ASR and KKGSR. Its probably called the Scorsolini Prince or something. I might still have an e-copy. PM me your email address. I shall email you the ebooks.

Edit: I have read quite a few Mills and Boons along with hundreds of Fiction and Fantasy. Fantasy is probably my favorite genre. MnBs aren't as bad as the general consensus dictates. Actually, that how I started reading them. My friend dared me to read a few before I judged them. I actually have some favorites, shall mail them on request. PM me ur emails. I have about 6 GB worth of ebooks. You can say That i have my own library ;)

But for all book lovers, I would really encourage you to read books by Sir Terry Pratchett. Its an experience in itself! If possible, try the audiobooks. Other of my favorites are Harry Potter series, (Of course!) Artemis Fowl, Books by Stephan king, Jeffery Archer, Stephan Convoy, Chris Harries, Richard Dawkins, (the list is unending...) all in ebook format ;)

Edited by sanika_hp - 18 July 2012 at 4:58am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cupcake-Addie07Targaryen

priyah_reddy Senior Member
priyah_reddy
priyah_reddy

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Sanika,

Have sent you a PM for the ebook :) Can you respond ... Thanks Smile

Sophie Kinsella's books are a great read. I read two of the books by Anuja Chauhan "Zoya Factor" and "Battle for Bittora"

Originally posted by sanika_hp

Hi,

Well, I can suggest loads as I am a compulsive reader, but what kind of genre do you like ? Romance, Fiction, Fantasy, Inspirational, Biographies ...

For starters, since you seem to like romance, you might like books by Nora Roberts. Also, I read a story once, in which the lead characters are quite similar to ASR and KKGSR. Its probably called the Scorsolini Prince or something. I might still have an e-copy. PM me your email address. I shall email you the ebooks.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mistyrains-sanika-

-Sukh- Senior Member
-Sukh-
-Sukh-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply,
I actually dont like fantasy so much.
The type of books I've read and liked a lot is;
- Anuradha Roy : An atlas of impossible longing
- Rohinton Mistry: A fine balance
- Sara Gruen: Water for Elephants
- Sue Monk Kidd: The secret life of the bees
- Markus Zusak:
The book thief

I tried to google Mills and boons, but I dont think I would like to read that type of a book. Looks to cheesy, filmy and
clich..The book can have romance, but not too much if you understand what I mean.

I've tried books by Sophie Kinsella(Remember me?) andCecelia Ahern(Thanks for the memories, where rainbow ends), which are typical chick flicks, but I didnt like these books at all. To cheesy for me.

But thanks again for suggestions! Will PM now :)

mistyrains-sanika-

mayukatta IF-Dazzler
mayukatta
mayukatta

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged
yeah once and always by judith i read it recently.. the stiry is different but the characters r so alike arnav and kushi try to imagine their faces and read.. i totally loved it.. 

-Sukh- Senior Member
-Sukh-
-Sukh-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priyah_reddy

Sanika,

Have sent you a PM for the ebook :) Can you respond ... Thanks Smile

Sophie Kinsella's books are a great read. I read two of the books by Anuja Chauhan "Zoya Factor" and "Battle for Bittora"

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!
I've tried Kinsellas books but found it to shallow, without the depth i wanted. Sorry for being so demanding.
I googled Anuja Chauhan and found the description of her books quite interesting. But before I order the Zoya book I would appreciate if you could tell me if the book is like the Kinsella books or if the charachters have little bit more depth..

Once again, thanks! :)

mistyrains-sanika-

Go to top