Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 9)

Elise1981 Newbie
Elise1981
Elise1981

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
I'm European (French and I live in the Netherlands) and I discovered the show because the cable tv company gave me a free month subscription to Star Plus. I think it was the British/International version of Star Plus because the show aired at 8pm European time and it was with English subtitles. I don't have the free Starplus anymore but I still watch the show everyday on the Internet (usually twice: first time without subtitles as an afternoon break around 5pm just after it has just aired in India, and a second time with subtitles in the evening).

I'm not gonna lie: the very first time I watched the show I wasn't interested in understanding the story: I was just thinking "damn this guy looks handsome!"...[glued to the tv]..."extreeemely handsome!"... "the girl is really pretty too"... "wow actually all characters in that show look really good"..."Interesting clothes and make-up"... But then I got sucked in in the story and even watched the previous episodes on youtube... 

There are things that can be frustrating, like all the abuse/intimidation scenes ASR put Kushi through, the importance and the weight of the families on the couples' relationships, the lack of communication between couples and the impossibility of a passionate Hollywood kiss. But the show just stays so addictive! It's a great way to relax and 'escape' from daily life, but it doesn't feel like a waste of time like American shows. 

It has 'opened my world' in many ways: I've started watching Bollywood movies and downloading Indian music thanks to that show. I also bought a book "teach yourself hindi" and I'm glad I can understand simple dialogues during the show. I'm actually waiting for Shyam to come back because he speaks very clearly compared to Arnav who doesn't articulate distinct syllables! 

I'm pretty sure real life in India has nothing in common with Indian tv shows and Bollywood, but I'm glad I could learn a few things about Indian culture (from a newbie / European perspective) thanks to this show and reading this forum! 

Originally posted by chillygirl

hey gals!!!

i have always been fascinated with the reach and craze of our show around the global and had this question from a long time in my mind..

Is there anyone out there who doesn't know Hindi, doesn't have Indian roots and the show doesn't telecast in their country and still watches the show??

If yes! then how did u find the show? how did u know that such a show existed??

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramajiora..sur..preetihereMariam_Sultan-sanika--Raichu-...Tanu...evelineFAYKHAN29

marqueta Newbie
marqueta
marqueta

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
I accidentally discovered the show on youtube and since I'm addictedBig smileBig smileBig smile
Big smile I have no indian roots ... I am from Czech Republic and now living in Spain.
I dont know hindu and before I started watch IPK i didnt know anything about India and Indian movies...  I watch IPK  with English subtitles on the internet , but thanks to the show and also many Indian films, I learned a few words, and occasionally I can understand somethingClap and I try to learn more Wink

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramapreetihere..sur..evelineFAYKHAN29...Tanu...

jen_x IF-Dazzler
jen_x
jen_x

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
I live in the US, I don't understand Hindi or have the shows on my tv! Sad right? Haha, but I still manage to watch the shows with the help of eng sub :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur..preetihere...Tanu...FAYKHAN29

mayabegum IF-Dazzler
mayabegum
mayabegum

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Im from the UK and i never understood a word of Hindi but thanks to the english subtitles i got used to it now i know most things in hindi IF IT IS SPOKEN CLEARLY and i can speak a tadd bit, getting better though ;) Hope this helps :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

preetihereFAYKHAN29

Sarooh Newbie
Sarooh
Sarooh

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 5:58pm | IP Logged

Hello Friends,

well I am from United Arab Emiratis, and we clearly do not speack Indian ( we speack Arabic) Sleepy. But I have some Indian roots from my mom and she do not watch these serials. Also, I am the only one who understands Hindi in my sisters Embarrassed> excuse me for the story of my life lool Blushing.

how I stated to watch IPKKND, the story is funny ROFL I was in saloon getting mehndi and all the leadies there are Indian and they were watching the show , of course I was amazed HeartEmbarrassed by the show and when I got the mehndi off my hands I searched for it Day Dreaming and here I am after 10 months in Indian forums Clap.

Love U guysss Cool

lamspreetihereMariam_Sultan...Tanu...

rosalinda92 Senior Member
rosalinda92
rosalinda92

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
wellEmbarrassed i dont know hindi and am sure i dont have any roots in india EmbarrassedLOLam from egypt and the show doesn't telecast in our country too Wink but i've known the show from youtube while looking through some videosLOL

lamspreetihereMariam_Sultan...Tanu...

OmaRamdass IF-Rockerz
OmaRamdass
OmaRamdass

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
i am from way over on the other side of the world

in the caribbean 

i dont get that channel in my country but i found out about the show on IF - i love IF and am always around. 
I dont know an ounce of hindi so i depend heavily on the written updates and the subtitles put up by nipun.

krisramapreetihere

Abi.Na IF-Dazzler
Abi.Na
Abi.Na

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
i don't know how but, i was just watching some old scenes of Maan and Geet and accidently i clicked on one of Arshi's love scene. i think the scene took place at the beginning of the show, where Arnav pulls Khushi's pearly dori and i got interested and now i'm a regular follower of IPKKND!

preetihereOmaRamdass

Go to top