Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 6)

Rose_7 Senior Member
Rose_7
Rose_7

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
No indian roots
live in US
but i know urdu and urdu is VERY similar to hindi
so i understand hindi completely (been watching movies and indian shows for a long time)
my cousin told me i should watch this show and so i did (i watch it online)
and got hooked on it from the start Tongue

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramazeefan 1..sur..Nightingale...preetihere...Tanu...FAYKHAN29

Nightingale... IF-Dazzler
Nightingale...
Nightingale...

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chillygirl

Originally posted by barun2297

I live in UK...shouldnt understand Hindi at all but with the help of subtitles n awesome acting I now understand it pretty well
<3
but the show so telecast in ur country rite?
yeah it does...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur..

Nrp77 Senior Member
Nrp77
Nrp77

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

Born and raised in a suburb outside of Chicago and the Hindi movies my parents watched when I was growing up was my only exposure to the language, until I was in college and met Indian people who made it a point to speak Hindi to me so I could learn.

Fast forward almost 16 years later and I was sent to Gurgaon/Delhi by my company to oversee an offshore transition on their behalf.   I was there during the Summer of 2011 and though my hotel was fabulous, they had the crappiest television channels known to man.  Even the HBO there had crappy content!!! 

So at 3:00a.m (time I got back from the office everyday),  I would be in my hotel room ordering room service and waiting until 4:30am (b/c of the time difference) to call my family and friends back home. 

I always had the tv on as background noise as I waited and apparently that's when the IPKKND reruns were on.  Even with the strange title, this show seemed more appealing than anything else that was on at the time.  However, I still never fully paid attention until Khushi was locked in the storeroom w/ ASR and he broke her cellphone.  I was majorly pissed and wondered why this girl ever bothered to work for a jerk like him to begin with.  So I proceeded to google the show name in order to find out the backstory.  Anyhow, that is how I found the episodes on YouTube and ended up watching them w/ subtitles and loving them. 

So when I came back to Chicago in October 2011, I immediately called my cable provider to have StarPlus added to my lineup and the rest is history...hahahaa  

Edited by Nrp77 - 17 July 2012 at 2:43pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

cygnus123mszen90lamsQueenAnnie18Nishitarao..sur..preetihereevelineTargaryenFAYKHAN29...Tanu...serious

looser01 Goldie
looser01
looser01

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
i watch on line in canada at work,  and at night on tv my office collegues who do not speak hindi watch it with me and I translate they go on you tube to watch v/m of Arhi

As per them they adore SARUN find them hot .They are watching it for SARUN and want lots of romance songs etc
Girls between 20-50 are crazy on them
A few guys watch it also.
They are White/Arabic Chinese at my office.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mszen90zeefan 1..sur..Nishitaraopreetihere...Tanu...evelineFAYKHAN29

bohobcn Newbie
bohobcn
bohobcn

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
I have no idea of Hindi.. I'm just learning few words (result of watching ipkknd for 1 year xd)
No Indian roots at all (100% Spanish) so I depend on English subtitles.

I hardly knew about Indian culture before (festivities, clothes, eating with hands, etc. even the fact kisses onscreen were not shown) .

1 thik is sure: I'm hooked on IPKKND from the first time I came acorss with it in a youtube suggestion link. As a result, I've been learning and reading a lot about India since then.

I've been dreaming for a while to read this great story from a book. So I suggest to 4 lions to write it ( in English, please Wink) and for sure it would be a bestseller !

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramamszen90zeefan 1lams..sur..Nishitaraopreetihere...Tanu...-Soleil-seriousevelineFAYKHAN29

..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bohobcn

I have no idea of Hindi.. I'm just learning few words (result of watching ipkknd for 1 year xd)
No Indian roots at all (100% Spanish) so I depend on English subtitles.

I hardly knew about Indian culture before (festivities, clothes, eating with hands, etc. even the fact kisses onscreen were not shown) .

1 thik is sure: I'm hooked on IPKKND from the first time I came acorss with it in a youtube suggestion link. As a result, I've been learning and reading a lot about India since then.

I've been dreaming for a while to read this great story from a book. So I suggest to 4 lions to write it ( in English, please Wink) and for sure it would be a bestseller !

Aww ur story is really sweet. Ur trying to learn abt Indian culture and Hindi becoz of IPK. That's awesome

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramaNishitarao

Targaryen IF-Sizzlerz
Targaryen
Targaryen

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I am an indian, a huge IPK fan and live in europe. I got my friend addicted to this show who is from morocco ;) She watches it as religiously as me with subtitles everyday! She is also a very crazy fan of IPK now :)

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mszen90preetihere..sur..Nishitaraoeveline...Tanu...FAYKHAN29

..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
To all the people(IF members or not) who watch the show with subtitles and are addicted to it, hats off guys. I have never been able to connect with anything which I cannot understand and too watch a foreign Lang show and try to learn abt the culture is just amazing

Edited by chillygirl - 17 July 2012 at 2:48pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1rizibpreetihereevelineFAYKHAN29

Go to top