Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 5)

..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lyla45

I have another coworker who is Indian and we watch it on utube at 11 am sharp everyday and now all the coworkers (white!) ask us to translate and ask about Arnaaav and khushi!! It's pretty great :)

So just so u know an entire department shuts down in New York City to watch Arshi!!!
Oh my!! Our ArHi has so much power, I'm sure the makers also don't know that. Im so proud of being a fan of such a great show

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nishitarao

Kanchhi_ Goldie
Kanchhi_
Kanchhi_

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chillygirl

Originally posted by Kanchhi_

<font color="#ff3399">No Indian roots at all..but I know hindi very well...One fine day I accidentally found out about IPKKND and now me, my sister,and all my friends and cousins watch this show..thanks to me ;-) </font>
Sorry for being inquisitive but I have to ask u, Id u have no Indian roots then how come ur well versed in Hindi?
It's a long story...Northern neighbor of India, bollywood movies, hindi teleshows, my mom who knows hindi very well (studies in India), and my mother-tongue is pretty much similar to hindi.

..sur..

Yellowflower44 Newbie
Yellowflower44
Yellowflower44

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Hi, couldn't resist replying since I fall in this. This is my 1st ever post on here. Decided to join just a week ago but been reading posts for about a month now.

I live in the US, Wisconsin specifically.   My nationality is Hmong(we are a descendent of chinese), my people are from the country, Laos(borders Thailand) but i specifically am born and raised in the US. Don't understand hindi, maybe a few words here and there but do have to watch the show with english subtitles. I can't tell you what a lifesaver the individuals are who help provide the subtitled versions.

How I came to watch the show? Grew up watching bollywood movies...my parents loved watching them. However, bollywood movies were dubbed and translated into my language. As i grew older, started my collection of hindi movies in the original format. Lately, there haven't been many new movies that peaked my interest...about 2 1/2-3 months ago, i was on youtube searching 'lovers reunion', in the mood for some feel good romance, and i came across a clip of Geet and Maan reuniting in the hospital scene. I had no clue that India had serials/soap operas as well. It all went downhill from there, started watching Geet non stop and finished it within a month...albeit i did have to skip some episodes that i couldn't find subtitles on. :( after that, started researching for another show to watch and IPKKND peaked my interest so i started and am now ADDICTED just like you all. I have to say, I enjoy the TV serials more than the bollywood movies now. :P So youtube also brought me into this IPKKND world.

I would love to try to help TRP ratings but unfortunately i cannot watch w/o subtitles and star plus doesn't provide this on their website. They really should consider it to broaden their viewership. I would love to share this show but its hard without consistent eng sub translation. I thought about subscribing to star plus here but i'm not guaranteed subtitles and don't know who to contact for a guarantee so unfortunately won't subscribe to it. I watch the epis onliine now but would love to watch on a TV screen for full impact of Arshi.

Well that's all i have for now. Pretty long reply post already. Really do love this show...barun and sanaya's chemistry together is what makes it, irregardless of the storyline, i watch because of their intense emotions. I find myself looking for other actors/actresses with similar chemistry and the only other two i find were gurmeet and drashti. Thanks again for your post. Couldn't resist not responding. :)

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramaveemaswmavajustforusezeefan 1realraul2307QueenAnnie18spsharmilalamsNishitaraomits002..sur..preetihereCetronia...Tanu...seriousevelineFAYKHAN29

LuvuKhushi IF-Sizzlerz
LuvuKhushi
LuvuKhushi

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Wooow Seems there are many Sri Lankan fans for Arshi Smile
I am also from Sri Lanka and i don't understand hindi. That was before IPK and Now as many people says i also started to understand hindu. You wont believe, Nowadays my family people started to ask me what he s saying? and i translate them haha its really funny. Without fear i say whatever i feel because they all dont even know single hindi word Big smile so i can say whatever ROFLLOL I am really happy to be a part of Arshi world. Party

Edited by LuvuKhushi - 17 July 2012 at 2:13pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

cygnus123sanjeewi15zeefan 1rizibpreetihere..sur..Nishitarao...Tanu...

IllGetOverIpk IF-Sizzlerz
IllGetOverIpk
IllGetOverIpk

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
wow this great!!!!! i din know tat ppl who don even have indian roots watch this show

..sur..

veemasw Newbie
veemasw
veemasw

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Im from Mauritius. I used to practically ignore indian shows coz of saas bahu kahanis...

Then one boring sunday, I tried star plus..my first IPKKND scene where Arnav has lost his voice and Khushi trying to scare him with a knife to make him speak...

Till that day Im a die hard IPKKND fan..Watched all episodes online! I even joined IF because of the show

Hats off to Arnav and Khushi!! They changed my mind.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramajustforusepreetihere..sur..NishitaraoevelineFAYKHAN29...Tanu...serious

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LuvuKhushi

I am also from Sri Lanka and i don't understand hindi. That was before IPK and Now as many people says i also started to understand hindu. You wont believe, Nowadays my family people started to ask me what he s saying? and i translate them haha its really funny. Without fear i say whatever i feel because they all dont even know single hindi word Big smile so i can say whatever ROFLLOL I am really happy to be a part of Arshi world. Party

lol i was thinking the same thing!! that there r so many sri lankans here!!Star and i have been on IF for such a long time n this is the 1st time i have ever got to meet so many others!! for 4+years i had just met 2 others!

n i personally have around 5-6 friends who r addicted! one is on IF too!!

lol u know not just my parents any1 who asks  me a que that requires yes or no would get 'haan' or 'nahi' as the answer!!
i literally clamp my hands over my mouth
to stop uttering 'kya' or 'hai devi mayya' sometimes cz people will think i am crazy!LOL
that is just a little bit of it cz me n my best friend actually do converse in hindi sometimes:-)

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

cygnus123realraul2307sanjeewi15rizib..sur..eveline...Tanu...

LuvuKhushi IF-Sizzlerz
LuvuKhushi
LuvuKhushi

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by LuvuKhushi

lol i was thinking the same thing!! that there r so many sri lankans here!!Star and i have been on IF for such a long time n this is the 1st time i have ever got to meet so many others!! for 4+years i had just met 2 others!

n i personally have around 5-6 friends who r addicted! one is on IF too!!

lol u know not just my parents any1 who asks  me a que that requires yes or no would get 'haan' or 'nahi' as the answer!!
i literally clamp my hands over my mouth
to stop uttering 'kya' or 'hai devi mayya' sometimes cz people will think i am crazy!LOL
that is just a little bit of it cz me n my best friend actually do converse in hindi sometimes:-)

Yes i have read many of your comments but i never thought that you would be a LankanSmile
Great to hear that even i also use nahi, di, also What the and Hello hi bye bye LOL

sanjeewi15

Go to top