Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 4)

jasminsandrila Groupbie
jasminsandrila
jasminsandrila

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
i am from algeria in north africa recently they transluate a show of barun with ankita ( i think that s her name ) then i search about other s shows of barun and i found ipkknd and that s it

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur..Nishitaraopreetiherenamedx

Fatz77 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur..

..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kanchhi_

<font color="#ff3399">No Indian roots at all..but I know hindi very well...One fine day I accidentally found out about IPKKND and now me, my sister,and all my friends and cousins watch this show..thanks to me ;-) </font>
Sorry for being inquisitive but I have to ask u, Id u have no Indian roots then how come ur well versed in Hindi?
..sur.. IF-Dazzler
..sur..
..sur..

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fatz77

WOW !! ... There are some cool stories hre !!
Nyc question and answers :) .. xx
Thanx and yaah the stories are pretty amazing
sanz1 Groupbie
sanz1
sanz1

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
i have no indian roots. 

i dont know hindi but i know urdu. urdu and hindi are very similar thats why i can understand it.

the show does not telecast where i live but i saw the promo on the internet.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur..

lyla45 Newbie
lyla45
lyla45

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I have another coworker who is Indian and we watch it on utube at 11 am sharp everyday and now all the coworkers (white!) ask us to translate and ask about Arnaaav and khushi!! It's pretty great :)

So just so u know an entire department shuts down in New York City to watch Arshi!!!

Edited by lyla45 - 17 July 2012 at 1:58pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

cygnus123junelilyKairiPzeefan 1anya123sai_nehaspsharmilalamspreetihere..sur..namedxevelineFAYKHAN29...Tanu...serious

naty87 Groupbie
naty87
naty87

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chillygirl

hey gals!!!

i have always been fascinated with the reach and craze of our show around the global and had this question from a long time in my mind..

Is there anyone out there who doesn't know Hindi, doesn't have Indian roots and the show doesn't telecast in their country and still watches the show??

If yes! then how did u find the show? how did u know that such a show existed??

Yeah  i didnt know hindi but watching many indian serials and films i learned i mean i understand  almost everything, dont have any indian roots and the show doesent telecast in my country  and i watch the show on startv live or on youtube same from people from romania i know that for sure coz i have many friend there that watch this show and olso dont speak hindi.

I find out about the show from a friend from romania ( im from republic of moldova)  he likes a lot indian dramas and he told me that this show is verry intersting  and after i watched some episodes  i said this is one of the best indian drama  ever.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1lamsQueenAnnie18preetihere..sur.....Tanu...FAYKHAN29

rizib Goldie
rizib
rizib

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
hi, i'm from sri lanka. no indian roots watsoever. but my dad's side are into hindi music, so since childhood i'v been exposed 2 and in luv wit d language, ended up watchin hindi movies alot with subtitles. i understand the lang a li'l more than a typical outsider can, without subtitles. i was abroad wen the show started and didn't hav a clue abt it. when i came back, my parents had subscribed cable 4 d 1st tym and i used 2 randomly switch channels. i wasn't an indian drama fan at all, no offense meant. came across star plus @ 5.30pm one evening, and still can remember the 1st scene i watchd,the 1 where khushi accompanies la 2 buy dresses 4 d engagement and k tearfully spks while asr listens 2 it from outside the beaded curtain. instantly i got attracted 2 the lead couple. unfortunately didn't get 2 watch after that 4 sumtym, coz i 4got d tym and didn't know the name of d serial(i know!) after so many wks watchd the chudiyan epi. watched 4 a coupla days and bad luck, cdnt watch again. all of a sudden one day i saw the title song with both of them in their weddin attire! i was like "wat the..!" and realized i've been a fool nt 2 make use of d internet. went 2 d starplus official website and searched 4 any serial names startin wit "iss" coz thats all i was abl 2 get in d li'l i watchd of the title. got it and iv 2 say i love youtube! watchd from epi 1 until that day's epi and fell in luv wit d serial all over agen, and thanks 2 IPKKND, now my hindi undrstndin is almost polished, only 1 or 2 words i wdnt, and that too rarely, which i wd clarify with YT commenters.. since then iv never missed a singl epi. i never watched it on tv coz my parents watch other stuf @ 8pm, and i cdnt wait until d repeat! so evry nyt, 8pm sharp il b glued to my laptop, deaf and blind 2 evrytin outside.. i think i might fall in2 ur category coz, no indian roots, nt much of hindi background, no intro 2 d show, etc etc.. i know this reply is very long, but i really wanted 2 share my xperience with it. sorry if i bored u.. Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AR_ArShipreetihere..sur.....Tanu...eveline

Go to top