Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 19)

tkpa01 Newbie
tkpa01
tkpa01

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
I don't have Indian roots, but thanks to my pseudo Amma... I'm starting to learn new words and phrases each day Smile.

She introduced me to this great show and I've been hooked ever since.  I fell in love with the way the story's portrayed, not to mention the amazing actors that deliver it with passion each day.

I thank her every chance I get for broadening my horizon.  I wouldn't have discovered the warmth and beauty of this wonderful culture without her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serious

avyarima Goldie
avyarima
avyarima

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
i am not indian ...not hindu, not Asian, i dont even have an hindu or indian friend...but i watch alot to indian shows.

i love them mostly because of how much tradition and culture are shown in the shows.

i know most people want to watch shows that are modern and more "westernize " but if i wanted to see that i can as well watch hollywood tv shows, but it is sad that we Asians and Africans are losing our old traditions and culture to adopt things that are not us in the name of CIVILIZATION. i stopped watching Nigerian shows/movies because i see no culture in them any more...i have also stopped watching bollywood movies...because they are losing it too.

but thank God that tellywood have not lost it yet. i love the innocence, the beauty, the rituals, the real friendship, true love, the natural atmosphere and boundaries.

serious

revsseetha Newbie
revsseetha
revsseetha

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
i am from tamilnadu, i dont know hindi before watching ippknd, now i learn hindi only from this serial, 
Nithiya95 IF-Sizzlerz
Nithiya95
Nithiya95

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:07am | IP Logged
I m from malaysia...a tamil girl...
I x knw hindi bt i ll watch hindi movies n zee tv (the
only hindi channel here) dramas with eng subtitles...
I found ipkknd from d youtube after completed watching
Geet... n nw i m a die heart fan of tiz amazing show..
Nw i cn understand hindi much more btr n cn speak a little as well>>
dima_a Goldie
dima_a
dima_a

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Arabic girl, i doesn't know Hindi, doesn't have Indian roots and the show doesn't telecast in my country and i known about the show accidentally  in youtube...and i love it so much.first its hard for me to find English sub for it..but at present in this forums there is no problem for me :)))

serious

TaleNeverTold Groupbie
TaleNeverTold
TaleNeverTold

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
I qualify completely!

I'm from Ukraine (it's a Slavic country in the middle of the Europe) and I don't know Hindi and never saw any Indian serials before. 

Ant then I got to Tumblr... And since I'd started a fangirling blog I've decided I might as well pursue all my obsessions =) Which brought me to subscribe to a number of awesome blogs about Indian cinema =)

My dash is very long on a daily basis and that is why I use blacklisting by Tumblr Savior - I simply have no time to look through some stuff that is not interesting or even not known to me =)

But for some reason beyond my understanding (fate, maybe?) I could never bring myself to blacklist IPKKND - there was something very endearing in those big baby-dear eyes of Khushi =) and something very physically arousing in that three-day stubble on a very beautifully sculptured jawline of Arnav =)

So I let them be... Till that day when somebody posted that gifset from Teri Meri dance... I have a friend who's in love with that song but I could never bring myself to watch Bodyguard just for a sake of it. And now I've had an option of listening to the song with different couple - so I went for it =)

And I cave. Deadpanned, more precisely!

And now I've teamed up with few great people and we are translating IPK into Russian =) So yeah... all kinds of crazy!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramarizibserious

rajulpandey Goldie
rajulpandey
rajulpandey

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
My ans.
suhana786 Groupbie
suhana786
suhana786

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
I am from the Maldives. I am half sri lankan though.

Anyhow, I do understand hindi as I have been watching hindi films from the time i was very young as my mom is a hindi movie buff!

And we do have star plus (middle east).

I am a huge fan of IPK! Love it totally! :)

Go to top