Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 18)

farfar319 Senior Member
farfar319
farfar319

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Technically no indian roots, but have been immersed in indian movies/tv since I was a kid b/c of parents/family, so I grew up learning hindi as well. 

My friend is African American & she wanted to watch this too... too bad for her I couldn't find all the episodes with english subtitles. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serious

Arthi4 Newbie
Arthi4
Arthi4

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
I'm from Canada and I'm a Sri Lankan Tamil and obviously I don't understand Hindi even though I do get the meaning of a number of words since I constantly watch Bollywood movies (as well as, LOVE Bollywood songs Smile) ...As far as I remember, I came to know about ArShi since I watched a fan made video on this "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROMANTIC COUPLE = ArShi" for a very beautiful & one of my favouriteTamil songs Wink...I still remember when I watched that song with SaRun a.k.a ArShi/ArHi for the 1st time, the first thing that came to my mind is, "WOW! What a beautiful couple!" Tongue...And then only I started to watch it, and now IPKKND and ArShi are like the necessities of my life Tongue ...I am sure that I NEVER & Ever want this show to end at all Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramarizib

ipkfan1 Groupbie
ipkfan1
ipkfan1

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged

my 8, 9 year old children don't know hindi but read the subtitles.  They want to learn hindi some how.  We do not speak hindi at home.

They have started singing teri meri song, is pyar ko kya naam doon song and ofcourse Rabba ve with out knowing what it means.  My 8 year old son wishes that I named him Raizada.   Other than his Superman and sponge bob costumes he has a suit, bluetooth headset.  He likes grouchy ASR and Kushi.

Edited by ipkfan1 - 30 September 2012 at 8:47pm

krisramaserious

OmaRamdass IF-Rockerz
OmaRamdass
OmaRamdass

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
i live in trinidad way across the seas - in the caribbean.
i have been on IF for a long time but my friend convinced me to watch this show and i have been hooked since.

i need the subtitles 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serious

sanjeewi15 Senior Member
sanjeewi15
sanjeewi15

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
I m from Sri Lanka... doesnt have any Indian roots... but i can understand Hindi very well, bcz im a very big fan of Hindi films... whn i was Grade 1 i started watching hindi films... nw i dnt wnt subtitles, can understand perfectly...

I watched MJHT and one of my friends tld me abt IPKKND... in Sri Lanka SP is shown in cable tv... but i prefer to  watch it from my laptop... then i can watch the show without any interference and i feel a bit uncomfortable to watch those sarun intimate scenes with my parents... hehe...

tharu23rizib

rjhaveri Senior Member
rjhaveri
rjhaveri

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fan_ipkknd1

No indian roots.
Dont know a single thing about hindi. But i do know urdu very well. 
But the show telecasts where i live Big smile

Urdu is quite similar to Hindi.  If you know one language you can generally understand most of the other's words.
.ProperPatola IF-Sizzlerz
.ProperPatola
.ProperPatola

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
I live in Australia...and Know Hindi and punjabi really well...I got to know about the show when i visited india last year! So started watching it when i came here! but didnt take much itnerest when i was in india!
krisrama Newbie
krisrama
krisrama

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Chillygirl, Great post and beautiful replies. Everyone of them reflect how much we, the lovers of IPKKND think: My mother tongue is not Hindi, but I love IPKKND very much. Now my spouse is also hooked to that. I live in US. It is amazing to know that so many lovers of this show worldwide.

Go to top