Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

a question to all international viewers (Page 15)

Thenujah Groupbie
Thenujah
Thenujah

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
I'm not hindi, I'm Tamil. I'm not from India, i'm from sri lanka. The show does air in the UK, but i don't have star plus channel. I watch it on the internet. I never knew about the show until i came across it when I searched the song Teri Meri from the film bodyguard on youtube and I found arshi's dance on the sangeet epi!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sumy97

CHAYMA Goldie
CHAYMA
CHAYMA

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
hi i'm from tunisia i don't know hendi but now thanks to IPKKND i tknow some words i watch the show on line with subtiteles and i read the written update

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramaseriousMrDarcyfan

-Emma.K- Senior Member
-Emma.K-
-Emma.K-

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
HI, I'm Emma and I'm from Canada.  My parents are from Bangladesh so India is our neighbor i guessWink.  But no i don't have any Indian roots, and i didn't know Hindi very well before ipkknd! I have been watching Indian movies since i was born so I knew some basic phrases, but now i can speak it almost fluently and definitely understand it without subtitles :) All thanks to IPKKND Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serious

kuts IF-Sizzlerz
kuts
kuts

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
answers are a treat to read.tfs..Embarrassed
Hanalita Goldie
Hanalita
Hanalita

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
meee.am not Indian by anyhow.and i live in kenya.indian serials r famous here. i didnd know hindi at all but nowadays am i do understand..and i how came to watch da show?it ws da first few days wen we had sp in out house.i wasnd famiar with any of da cast in ipkknd except barun and ever since ipkknd become must watch. Heart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramaAfyaserious

raosudha Senior Member
raosudha
raosudha

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
I am fro southern India and have lived outside India most of my life time. But thru subtitles I understand the dialogues. But sometimes I don't understand some wordings. I liked IPKKND because of the story and also Barun and Sanya's acting. 
MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
I am from New Zealand I am Not of Indian decent! My family originates from Sri-Lanka but have lived in NZ for 20 years now.

I understand Hindi, as I watched Bollywood movies as a kid / teenager, coz my Mum went to University in India, so she knows the laguage a bit!! SHE got me interested in Indian music and cinema!

But IPK is the 1st Indian TV show I have ever followed! I have SP on SKY (which is the Cable network in NZ). That is how I watch it. I got the channel for my aunt, who lives with me. Had the channel for a good two years and NEVER followed anything on it, but ended up getting hooked on IPK myself!! :)

I didnt know Barun / Sanaya or ANY of the cast when I started to watch! So getting to know Indian TV and actors has been a novel experiance for me! What always amazes me about this show is how "Emmotionally invested" we ALL are in this story and ARHI!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 30 September 2012 at 3:53pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

krisramarizibAfyaserious

riafna IF-Rockerz
riafna
riafna

Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Indeed a good question...I am an Indian ...so I can't answer but I am eager to know I am really curious...

Go to top