IP REDUX; Alaap !! - Page 40

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by mommamia

Manifest the Divinity within you, and everything will be harmoniously arranged around it!!
 _ Swami Vivekananda. 

Sats and Doods.. You both are Angels and we all owe you a BIG BIG MEGA BIG BIG BIG πŸ€—

In the movie Pelican Brief the last scene is a reporter asking Grantham (Denzel Washington) about Darby Shaw (Julia Roberts) The speculation was rife that Darby was fictional and it must be Grantham's imaginative mind doing the works as she is "almost" too good to be true. That's what Redux is. Its very surreal . Like in everyone's case.. you chanced upon to click on this thread and read Sats or Doods  analysis and rest as they is history. Day after day you come here, read posts, share views, make friends and practically you become a family. This virtual family ties are so strong that its hard to comprehend the bonds you build here. On you lowest moment all you would want to do is come here and spend some time. And what do you do here. Just discuss about two fictional characters and the story. And in return what do you get. A feeling which satiates your heart. You feel rejuvenated. How many of us have let go of our sleep just to spend some extra time here.

Sats Analysis:

Just the mere flow of words is enough to hold your rapt attention. Without blinking you would want to read it. So gripping is her process of story telling, at the end of the post you always wish there was more.She takes you to this magical world by drawing parallels from Greek Mythology to Indian history. You pay visit to Shakespeare and ranks like him. Just when you think, this is your most favorite post and it cannot get better than this, there comes another one. And it keeps coming. If you have ever discussed with Sats, you will agree with me. One thing that comes to mind is Frasier's  "I Am Listening"!!  She does listen and how. Her in depth knowledge about characters and her way of explaining will touch your very chord.  Its always a healthy discussion. Your views are welcome with open arms. The very characters come alive and you become a part of their world. You experience their pain and tribulations through Sats words.  Their happiness brings a wide grin on your face through her words. The plethora of emotions she brings in her analysis is commendable. Every nuance touched. Honest confession is often times than not, it would not even caught my attention. The magic she creates through her vocabulary just enthralls you.  Sats a very heart felt Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking me into such a momentous journey day after day. Please take a bow my dear.

Doods  Knowledge Base:

Live and Learn is what Doods is all about. Her analysis are always a million steps deeper compared to any of us.  Every day me and few others (Koel,Jhals and few others) would wait around 7.30 PM for those magical words.Updating now !! πŸ˜ƒ .Those very simple words would our heart skip a beat or two.We would rush to read her post as we knew what would be there in that treasure chest. Knowledge. Doods has opened the doors to so many aspects of knowledge branch that I didn't even know existed. She is a University.  She is in a league of her own. I knew one thing before the IPK would end, I would have enrolled myself into all the 64 branches of knowledge. At least would get a glimpse of them for sure. The knowledge base Doods carries and to use them in her analysis is a true work of a master. I am in awe of her. Initially I really did think that she was one among CVs. I honestly did. When I read her post I want solitude. Because there was so much to grasp in her posts that you will miss a thing or two if you don't pay attention. And for peanut sized brain, it was quite a challenge. My poor brain..!! But it did give me company.  She changed my very thought process about entertainment. To observe and absorb. There will be so much to it than what meets your eyes. Thinking outside the box is very very Doods. Her one on ones with Gul and GH was a post to look out for. Doods if I haven't told you before here it goes.. I haven't met anyone like you. You are a true genius. You have inspired me to embark on a journey to quench my thirst for knowledge. Kudos to you my dear.

Redux:

Each and every post on redux will give you a new perception. Kaleidoscope of standpoints. There will be no dearth for information that you can imbibe. Anna and Nia's views over the episode will make you want to watch the episode one more time. Bushy's satire.Bushy's post a Day will keep your Doctor away. How many of us have fallen in love with that kiddu because of her. And now I can see a smile on your face. Yes that's Bushy for you. Jhal's quotes and her takes on love will captivate you. Koel's takes on the characters is so different that you will be transferred to a new world. Geethu's stories. She has introduced us to so many mythological stories which has brought our childhood back along with memories. Ruby's take on direction and camera and angles. A new world was introduced to us. Kopal's and Appu's take on characters based on their professional experience always teach us about the complexity of human nature. The layers buried in us. Ritu's analysis about the episode is a pleasure to read. She always focuses on the characterization. Supna's Urdu poetry deals with pathos of female characters mainly at times ASR also. Areeba and Sampins take on episode will live you spellbound considering the age group they fall in. Lucky's poems  and take on episode, Shreya's sanskrit verses(miss you girl) always charmed us. Chintmanas take on episode with her analogies with Indian mythologies is a must read. Sree does have her own things to say. Her take is very different form others. Sarika's post is a delight. Pam's and Shwetha's view points always stand out. Shaaz's Mom and Me moments are the sweetest things you will ever read.Trin and her not so IPKed hubby moments are things to watch out for.And Beena's IT POST award is a recognition in itself. And if I have missed anyone please pardon me as I am right now overwhelmed. Sincere apologies.

So suffice to say that Redux is a one stop shop if any one is looking for a different view points. And it almost looks like a figment of my imagination as its too good to be true. So many like minded gals you meet in this place. Positive vibrations which makes everyday a beautiful experience and wanting for more.

Sats created this magical journey and Doods and Sats are the torch bearers of redux. My heart swells with the thought that I am part of this Satsome Doodsome group.

If you all agree with me please press the like button to Thank both of these two Angels. Silent readers please do click on the Like button to show your love and support to Sats and Doods. They deserve all the accolades and much much more.

Awww Such a nice post Sandhya ... love you for writing so much we don't even deserve , atleast me ... πŸ˜ƒ

A big big big Hug to you and each one of you πŸ€—
Originally posted by sampin

I think the issue is not intensity or the track. I think it is delivering on expectations. When you release spoilers of romance and rain sequence, you have to deliver, you cannot slow down the pace with bitter-sweet romance, majority of time being dedicated to anjali's tragedy and suddenly Khushi behaving in a manner that seems uncharacterstic of her.

Most of the viewers felt cheated by ME since they expected some passionate track instead we got subtle romance with comedy. It is not that the episode was not good, it just did not measure up to viewer's expectations.

Similarily current track hints at separation which is too early for most viewers to come to terms with after kidnapping track.
Please don't get it in any other way...If I look at the serial as just a trp audience...without an access to IF/REDUX...My opinion would be DB is getting more screen presence than anything...Okay Didi ki Saut is fine..But 50-50 screen presence of Arhi/Anji is a little too much!!
[/QUOTE]

Purely from a lay person's view point, I think the audience expected that following the Shyam confrontation, they would get:

1. some insight into ASR's mind and what prompted him to suddenly trust Khushi without evidence when at the airport he was still spitting venom..
2. ASR explaining his POV, reasons for throwing out Shyam and the his hasty marriage to the family including Akash & Mami
3. Some sympathy from the family for Arnav-Khushi and the ordeal they went through to protect Di's glass castle
4. The GH ladies and Mami confrontation on keeping such a big secret.

But sadly, none of these happened and everything resumed at RM as normal Frankly, the only person affected appears to be Anjali and to some extent Akash.

For these reasons, I feel most Auntiji's will not be able to connect to the show anymore.
Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Guys.. I have asked  my  friend about it..  She replied that the trps are3 for the week episodes.. And for ME it is 2

Lizzy then the avg is higher than 2.0 .. they quote avg of the week , a simple mean avg is calculated .. can uy ask her to gimme the whole weeks nos.  '

the above makes the TRP 2.5 ... around .. which is a HUGE DROP .. if this is TRUE ..then the lead in to the ME ..which was KHUSHI leaving ... Dint work ? the fight dint work ? 
Originally posted by sampin

Even i am pretty shocked..they need to bring in the romance bit...otherwise, this is just going to keep going down!!

The mood is definitely going to be somber during the celebrations! Also, i have a gut feeling that there might have a been a mistake...

We'll wait for you to get the true numbers...

... we are all  a bit more informed viewers right ?

Look how we all r split on KHUSHI .. so how much of understanding will the Lay viewer have .. Koel & Lizzy sent me for a spin yesterday .. saala neend uda di dono ne meri ... abhi bhi wohi chalk raha hai dimaag main 

So a thought invaded my mind..Isn't IPK for the lay viewers??Is it too intense,too subtle for the general trp audience??
I think the issue is not intensity or the track. I think it is delivering on expectations. When you release spoilers of romance and rain sequence, you have to deliver, you cannot slow down the pace with bitter-sweet romance, majority of time being dedicated to anjali's tragedy and suddenly Khushi behaving in a manner that seems uncharacterstic of her.

Most of the viewers felt cheated by ME since they expected some passionate track instead we got subtle romance with comedy. It is not that the episode was not good, it just did not measure up to viewer's expectations.

Similarily current track hints at separation which is too early for most viewers to come to terms with after kidnapping track.
Please don't get it in any other way...If I look at the serial as just a trp audience...without an access to IF/REDUX...My opinion would be DB is getting more screen presence than anything...Okay Didi ki Saut is fine..But 50-50 screen presence of Arhi/Anji is a little too much!!

Sam..if u look at the show without IF ...then it had  a feeble love track with under developed strong sub track ...
Originally posted by Chani123

Me me..* Hand in the air.. Jumping up and down... Waking up the ground floor ppl..* πŸ˜ƒ

Chal kopal tere liye...

This morning (Tuesday morning since I am in california)... I was chatting in redux... I was in my kitchen... my back towards my darling husband  and chatting away to glory... hubby is telling me something and all I was saying was Hmmm and ok ok... mind you hubby has not seen a single episode of ipk and has no idea about ASR

this is the convo we had

hubby - saying something (I am not paying attention)
me - hmmm ok ok ok
hubby - beenaaa
me - maine kaha theek hai... I agree with you...
Hubby - angry now... says... "Beena jab main baat kar raha to mujhse mooh mat phero"

I turned around and started laughing and said - you pulled an ASR
Hubby - kaun ASR??
Me - Arnav singh raizada of IPK
Hubby - What The...
Me - Again ASR... wow 😍😍😍😍😍
Hubby - *best dialog* Tum mujhe pagal karke chodogi... kya ulta seedha dekti rehti ho
Me-😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Originally posted by tanthya

Had the probing on Shyam continued, had we got to know the reason why Arnav believed Khushi, had there been a strong action of Arnav  vis Shyamm

No..what happened was  one day , Shyam is thrown out and the next day Khushi is back to liveliness ..That was a jarring note ...

You know what bugged me about the confrontation scenes, lack of FBs...The moment Shyam said Payal kept quiet cos she wanted to get married in a big family, There should have been freaking  FBs on the R family side especially Akash of her rejecting him first time around, how they convinced her, her calling it off just a day before marriage cos of her MIL.

That would have made sense.

The biggest blunder was Arnav should have had FBs of the terrace scene when Shyam says he loves Khushi and compared it to what Shyam was saying now.

And Khushi should not have had to plead her case, the moment Arnav connected the terrace fbs, He should have slapped Shyam and told everyone the truth.

As Sathu says, the complete disregard from the Family's side that Arnav was kidnapped, the follow up, everything was a fiasco.

We all observed that no one seems to care that this guy got kidnapped.

No one is calling the Guptas to hear from them their side of the story.

There Should have been A biiig fight led by Akash BitwaπŸ˜‰ on why the whole family was not told the truth.

Arhi not mentioning Shyam at GH was also Ridiculous.

People would have preferred the family drama about Shyam's truth cos it would have made sense.

Hope they learn from this.πŸ˜•

Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Koel.. My thoughtwali Behena..hugs to uπŸ˜ƒ.. 
Hi Geeta had started reading on ur analysis and is trp ke chakkar mein adha adhura reh gaya... let me  finish reading it.
great redux tants.. but what happened yesterday...missed it yesterday
Originally posted by tanthya

Another issue is ..show the revival of Arnav's Brain ...so far we are seeing him as mushy  sans any thinking ...SHow him with that incisive mind, the one who could figure out everything with just few words uttered

That's what the trp audience feel too, Tanths. My mum and my aunt who watch the serial with me but don't know much about IF keep asking me what happened to ASR? Whether he hit his head so hard during the fight that he lost his brain. Each time I have to explain to them about hoe he is trying to get a grip on his own life and using brains pretty much doesn't work with Khushi. I feel like I'm uttering lame excuses supporting him half the time πŸ˜•
Originally posted by redwine1

The thing is subtle story telling doesn't work with normal viewers...i hope the PH gets that!! you need to show emotions and their thoughts for layman viewers to get what they are trying to say!! 

I read about that earlier!! (Regarding the discussion on Kushi)

i really hope the drop in TRP was a honest mistake...somewhere!

ppanache (what's ur name please?) I'm a lay viewer myself and don't understand subtle hints unless someone hits me on the head with facts.  This is not a murder mystery that we need to solve based on eye contact or other clues.  They just need to clarify things using simple mono/dialogues, which is lacking in this show.  I still don't know what changed ASR to say ILU and it's already been close to 2 months I guessπŸ˜•
[/QUOTE]

I know Lucky .. u & Koppal .. have told me a 100 times .. after reading me .. that why dent the director make this in a format where the lay public can understand .. may be thats the answer .. πŸ‘πŸΌ
[/QUOTE]

Okay as a lay viewer I have a few questions..

What made ASR believe Khushi in the first place..When he left his mind was reeking of MU..So what  happened in between that made him forget everything??

What made him say ILU??

Why didn't they show the much-anticipated Bed pravesh...Okay it might sound irrelevant..But we were all speculating and anticipating that scene!!

Can't Arnav and Khushi have some convo regarding the kidnpping??Can't Arnav ask Khushi about how she managed without him all these days??

Why is no one bothered about Arnav anymore??The guy is back from kidnapping..And no one seems to be worried about his health!!

What about Mami??Why the change in her behaviour suddenly??

Edited by sampin - 11 years ago