Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

ANALYSIS OF KRIPA

ekumeed Senior Member
ekumeed
ekumeed

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 3:56am | IP Logged

Kripa Sharma's Personality Analysis

Lovestruck by the sheer male magnetism exuded in his commanding voice (that even spoke to her in her dreams), drawn by the handsomeness of his face in posters, magazines, newspaper clippings, and photographs (that seemed to reserve his smile only for her benefit) and star personality (that made her blush with awe and innocenceEmbarrassed), Kripa's young age and naivet leads her to develop her first and only crush on Angad without having even met him!!! It is these feelings for Angad that act as an entryway into the world of Romance. Having always admired him at a safe distance believing him to be the moon of her night, the sun of her day, the light in her smile, the strength in her voice, he stands as proof to her that love does exist! Without knowing why, she thrilled in every breath, note, and words that passed Angad's lips translating into beautiful love songs. Oh, why, why, why did she feel as if his voice beckoned her to him? His presence in her life through her romantic daydreams made her knees go weak and sighs of merriment escape her throat until one fine day…she walked into Angad's life.

Kripa is the epitome of the shy, quiet beauty next-doorTongue. As depthless as she imagined her love to be for Angad "The Star," her love of her family and friends is consistent and ever-growing and as timeless and boundless as the universe itself. Whether she's happy or sad, she thinks first of them and God—her family because she cares for them so deeply so as to never to be able to wrestle free from her worries of them and God because it is He from whom her strength comes to believe in the ideals and convictions instilled in her. Still a small-town girl at heart, her bourgeoise background links her to her Indian roots and middle-class values more potently and stalwartly than any chains that could ever have been made to shackle her to her own little world. Though enthralled at first having a glimpse of Mumbai, she finds disquieting this world of duplicity and glamour that Angad's true bad boy persona had revealed. Dreams shatter? Hurt by the naivet of her own assumptions about Angad and what life would be like living with her father's friend's family, she feels as if she can never fit into this glamour world because she isn't a Barbie doll. She is a living, breathing human being, who like a breath of fresh air, cannot be trapped in a life dominated by guile and intrigue. The hurt over the betrayal of being lured into buying the star image of Angad makes her react with the intensity of the shock of discovering his true lifestyle motto of "carpe diem" (seize the day) and indulgence into hedonism. Broken heart? Her interaction with Angad now translates into revulsion for the man she thought him to be but now knows not to be. She is rich. Oh, perhaps she isn't moneyed elite, but she realizes that the true treasures in her life are her close ties to her family and friends. To her, these relationships are more precious than any gold, silver, and diamonds that life could afford her. Thus, the well of love that resides in Kripa and her implicit trust in relationships makes her the kind of girl that makes for a perfect Indian daughter-in-law—respectful, kind, and loving. In contrast to Angad's self-serving motives, Kripa is the sacrificing paragon of virtue. She cheries the gift of life, its wonderful fleeting moments, and colors the that in adorning every leaf, every branch, every drop of sand, every breathing creature morphs them into something more beautiful and poetic that words essentially fail to describe. It is only through Angad's music that she feels the beauty of this world is well-encapsulated, and it is this which draws her to him as inexplicalby as moth to fire.

Self-willed and tenderhearted, Kripa's fortitude enables her to face adversities in the city of her dreams that stands now only as a bitter reminder of the fast-paced, urban life that she finds herself disgustedDead with. Since she's inherently a classic example of goody-two-shoes, her simple approach to life and warm nature enables her to easily make friends. (Not everybody will find that an endearing quality though). Her free spirit (that sings from the heart for the sheer pleasure of it) and intrinsic honesty and gentle nature allow her to not commit any harm wittingly to any individual. Her weapons in this world of deceit and cunning are her inherent charm as an unsophisticated gal from the backwoods of Naintial. But can she charm the man of her dreams, the man who takes her breath away? Though that remains to be seen, a little birdie tells me that indeed there is a fine line between love and hate. And Kripa seems to be vacillating between the two, but there is no question she belongs with Angad. Even her proclamations of despising Angad are proven false in moments that she still tries to search in Angad's face the sweet intensity of the vulnerable, affectionate, and unaffected man behind the glorious star image that could signal that he is capable of loving as completely and absolutely as she once imagined herself to love in her heart, mind, body and soul... Kaisa yeh pyar hai...Wink

Edited by ekumeed - 02 May 2005 at 1:46pm

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:04am | IP Logged
fantastic job ! are you new here? wow... this is cool stuff!Clap
chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:08am | IP Logged

wow wow wow................fantastic job ekumeed............you were posting in TD forum as well???

Whatever, amazing character analysis and I am sure everyone would agree on this, except, ahem, Ok I am not taking names!LOL Samajdar ko ishaara hi kaafi hai!!!

Great job buddy, keep it up and keep posting! This forum is getting so lively day by day, I need not have my daily cuppa Coffee to keep myself alive......coming here, does the trick!

Cheers,

Chilly

sa*ra Senior Member
sa*ra
sa*ra

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:19am | IP Logged

that was wiked ekumeed kripa is surely innocent n unworldly 4 which reason she is still struggling 2 come 2 term with reality ...n move away 4om that which was merely a fantasy - this confusion, hurt n bitterness is well portrayed thru her charcahter towards angad ...after all he was the 1 who shattered her dreams n is making her realise the truthness of the matter ...

..n althou she claims that her luv 4 angad has now transformed in 2 sheer h8red .... this is not tru ...while she is hostile n rude 2 him ...she still searches 4 the glimpse of the 'angad' she thought he was n luved ..

kripa may appear sweet n homely but is nonetheless is both strong-minded n strong-willed ...which is a powerful trait ...as willl allow her 2 never b completely broken by any1 ...but rather determine her 2 b more persistent n stand her ground

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chillyflakes

wow wow wow................fantastic job ekumeed............you were posting in TD forum as well???

Whatever, amazing character analysis and I am sure everyone would agree on this, except, ahem, Ok I am not taking names!LOL Samajdar ko ishaara hi kaafi hai!!!

Great job buddy, keep it up and keep posting! This forum is getting so lively day by day, I need not have my daily cuppa Coffee to keep myself alive......coming here, does the trick!

Cheers,

Chilly

Chilly I understood what did You mean.
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dinky21

Originally posted by radz_2cool

Originally posted by chillyflakes

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">wow wow wow................fantastic job ekumeed............you were posting in TD forum as well???

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Whatever, amazing character analysis and I am sure everyone would agree on this, except, ahem, Ok I am not taking names!LOL Samajdar ko ishaara hi kaafi hai!!!

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Great job buddy,
keep it up and keep posting! This forum is getting so lively day by
day, I need not have my daily cuppa Coffee to keep myself
alive......coming here, does the trick!

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Cheers,

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Chilly

Chilly I understood what did You mean.

ahhheeemmmm!!! so did i chilly (with baseball bat in hand!!)

I think u were Adolf Hitler in pichla janamLOL
kool*kariya* Goldie
kool*kariya*
kool*kariya*

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 6:23am | IP Logged

first of all welcome to our forum

wow wow wow ...............dat was a great analysis of kirpa's character..well explained and detailed...wel done great work Clap

hope to hear from u more in da fourm

kariya!

ekumeed Senior Member
ekumeed
ekumeed

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

Oh, friends. Thank you so much for your compliments. And I edited the first edition to better include insights that perhaps would make for a more fulfilling and complete analysis of the main female lead, Kripa, in the show Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai. So, feel free to go back and read the additions to the "Analysis of Kripa." And yes, my newfound friends, I'm a new member! I just joined today, although I confess to observing the progress of this forum for at least two weeks now. Yes, I will try to post more (because all of you seem really nice and welcoming).Wink

Chillyflakes, yes, you guessed right. (You really do have an amazing memory!) I'm indeed one of the people who used to post in Tumhari Disha forum. It was great fun. However, with my waning interest in the ZEE TV programme, I also lost the motivation and desire to be an active member. Then I realized that Ekta's new serial Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai was on SONY TV. And I knew I couldn't miss it when I read the storyline. Though I've never officially been obssessed with any show since Kutumb, I had fallen head over heels for this serial. And since I unfortunately don't have the opportunity to watch the show (living in a dormitory), I make it a point to read your amazingly detailed and superbly-written updates almost everyday. So, thanks.

And to all: Ummhm, even if I say so myself, Angad and Kripa are the best young couple to hit the small-screen in a very long, long while. Embarrassed

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top