Starryskies

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Ask a star: Gaurav Gera
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   May 2, 2005

A hitList Correspondent
Gaurav Gera
Pic: Ashish Raje
This week's Ask a Star is Gaurav Gera who plays Jassi's intelligent yet nave friend, Nandu. He is Jassi's best friend, assistant, agony aunt and everything else in between. Here is what readers asked him…

Is Nandu's character similar to what you are in real life? — Ekta
Dear Ekta, not really. Some factors are similar, yes. The character does a lot of things that I do too. I am also a bit reckless, but not as much as Nandu.

Do you enjoy working with Jassi and Armaan? — Aafreen Bhoira
Dear Aafreen, I definitely do. They are very lovely people and I like all of the cast members.

Are you getting bored of playing of Nandu?
Bareen

Dear Bareen, not really. I am not on the show throughout. There is maybe one scene a day. I am also doing other stuff. That brings the variety.

Which was your best moment on screen?
Sahil

Dear Sahil, I think that was when Jassi and I had a fight. There are emotional scenes of us together. Then there are the scenes between Jassi's dad and me. I have this one-upmanship thing with him.

How much fun is it acting with new people? Is it the first time you are acting? — Sonia
Dear Sonia, I have been doing theatre since 1996. I have also done a lot of TV. But I do things one at a time. The movie Kyon — Ho Gaya Na happened before Jassi. Then there were ads. But Nandu worked the most and the show is a hit. I was recognised.

Do you have a sense of humour similar to Nandu's? — Aftab Yusuf
Dear Aftab, I like to have fun. I am an easy guy and don't like being worried. I am quite cool and popular. I don't like intelligent people, as I am not one of them!

How is your relationship with Apurva Agnihotri? I like the camaraderie that you share with him on-screen. You both make the perfect Jija-Sala pair! — Hema
Dear Hema, firstly, I'm not his Sala as I'm not related to Jassi! As for Armaan, Nandu would like Jassi to be happy. So if Jassi likes him, great. Off-screen, he is a senior and I respect him. We are quite friendly.

How did you get into acting? What else would you be if not an actor?
Rahul

Dear Rahul, I studied fashion and was working with an export house. But I always wanted to be an actor. That was what made me quit everything and get into acting with theatre productions. If not acting, I would have been in some creative field. I have done fashion, so maybe fashion.

Are you the seedha-saadha types or the mischievous one?
Anupama

Dear Anupama, I'm seedha-saadha sometimes, but I like to fool people. I call friends and change my voice and get them all confused! Basically, I like to have fun. I don't shoot for something that is not fun. Which is why I am also doing the Great Indian Comedy Show.

What else are you doing besides Jassi? — Sahil
Dear Sahil, I'm also doing The Great Indian Comedy Show. I am completely freaking out as it's so much fun. I'm also doing an ad for wheel. Then there are 13 episodes of a reality show Hum Honge Kaamyaab. Something in films might also work out.

Don't you feel that Nandu is a bit too nave? — Emma
Dear Emma, I'm from a small town. I have lots of relatives there and have seen the people. I'm a balance of a big town and a village. I know a lot of people who believe in everything they are told.

Keshvar Newbie
Keshvar
Keshvar

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:39am | IP Logged

Nandu,

Hi, I'm from Karachi, Pakistan. I love watching Indian shows. I try not to miss Jassi jaisi koi  nahin. You are a very versatile actor. It is so apparent

that you enjoy doing what you are doing. Wish you success and happines

Anitaharry Senior Member
Anitaharry
Anitaharry

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:07am | IP Logged
When will we get a chance to ask qustions to our sweet heart Arman, Ho iam crazy about him Armannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top