Phir Subah Hogi

Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Mulan08

Mulan08

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
I had an idea that they were following the sub plot from Jane Eyre quite closely since I began watching the promos. Now it seems that such is indeed the case. The plot has been lifted almost completely. 

In the book Jane Eyre written by Charlotte Bronte, the lord of the house Mr. Rochester is shown to have a daughter and later it is revealed that he has a mad wife locked up in the attic.(Bertha Mason). Only he could not divorce her according to some English Law and wanted to marry again.When Jane accidentally discovers the truth...she has no option but to refuse to marry Mr.Rochester. 

I read the book as a kid and Bertha's stark madness sent chills down my spine.

The Grace Poole character is represented by Dai maa, it seems. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shimshimbellnamitagloryzyellowpurseSaima2010-Deepzz-Laila2009pyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aninag

Groupbie

aninag

Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:24pm | IP Logged

Yes, the current story does have Jane Eyre elements. I am thinking like the book, here also TVS and Sugni will seperate as Sugni will refuse to be married while his second wife is alive. And then much later, she will fand out that TVS wife is dead like the book and then will marry him. In between Adi may propose to her (like St. John in the book) but she will refuse to marry him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 16 July 2012 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
You never know...he might but I would hate to see him and Amrita split up...I would much rather see her "take revenge of TVS" ...TVS at first feeling guilty and then finally Sugni's vengence tips him over the edge and like a fierce Takhur gets upset with her and then we have two people who were once deeply in love, seriously mad at each other hell bent on destroying the other person until one day...they wake-up and realize the truth. Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

namitagloryz

namitagloryz

namitagloryz

Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Laila, your storyline seems very interesting. That's what I want. But what does Adi do in the meantime, that's what is making me nervous.

yellowpurse

yellowpurse

Posted: 16 July 2012 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
OMGG...i have had this thought in my mind ever since reva manzil thing started! u spoke my mind..well, for many of us probably. i hope so too that they marry in end...but i bet they're going to change things up. BUT...vikram is SOOO CUTEEE...and obviously sugvi together too...mindblowing! man, y do they have to ruin things between them? and truly, i don't find vikram grey...i mean it's so situational...although feel sry for him becuz even if he tells the truth now, it's too late, it will slap in d face no matter wat :(

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyLaila2009

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.