Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

||The Promise Remains||

As soon as she felt a drop on her face she looked up in the sky which was now covered with gray and chubby clouds, green patches of the tall trees could be seen from the corner of her eyes.

...And then she remembered her first monsoon in this city, the city which welcomed her , the city which gave her the happiness of a life time, the city whose people accepted her as their own, the city which made her feel home.

She looked at the empty space beside her on the bench and the droplet that was on her face moments ago had now been replaced by the uncontrollable flow of salty water that her shiny eyes produced, like the big white pearls, he used to say

She extended her arm to touch the old wood of the bench with shivering hands, while remembering the old times and feeling his warmth

Closing her eyes she remembered the promises that they made, the promise to be together the promise to share each other's happiness and sorrows the promise he made to be by her side always.

He had broken his promise and left, left her alone, all alone in this world with nothing but the grief of his absence and the sweet memories which brought tears to her eyes and she wished she had gone too, gone with him in the world unseen.

He always used to say, no matter where he went he would always watch her and love her, and care for her. Even if he couldn't show he would always protect her. And she knew even if he wasn't sitting on the same bench now, the same bench that they made promises on, often slept on each other's head and shoulders on the warm evenings, she on his shoulder while he rested his head atop hers, he would always watch her and protect her from far above, and she could feel him watching her.

She often looked up when felt depressed and alone, and could feel a star shinning at her, to them it was a star but for her it was him, smiling at him trying to comfort like he always did, with his heart melting smile.

She often complained and got mad at him for leaving her alone and breaking the promise, sure she had felt his warmth on that park bench whenever she went, and she knew he was watching her from above but she wanted him to be here, here with her so that they could go for long walks by the shore, and enjoy the spring evenings, and drink hot chocolate on winter mornings, but he had to go, and now she felt his love and care fading away too.

Just when another tear rolled down her cheek and wrinkly eyes, eyes that were old but still held the same warmth and desire that they did thirty years ago, she felt a small hand pulling her skirt, and another pair of hands wiping the lone tear.

Ashar and Asmara, her two little angels, her grandchildren, their parents had died in a car accident and she had cried buckets seeing the sadness in the eyes of those innocent children. That was the day when he had promised her he would make sure they never felt their parents' absence and will give them the unconditional love they deserved and needed.

From that day he had loved them and took care of them, and it felt like life had reversed like a movie, where they felt like new parents of the little ones, taking care of them and their each necessity.

Their silence that haunted her had now been replaced with their cheerful laughter that echoed the huge mansion, and when the little ones ran here and there, it gave the old souls eternal bliss and joy.

Today he had proved that even though he wasn't there his love and care was. Asmara had taken care of her while Ashar loved her like his grandpa. Even though he had left them, the promise remained

This is completely based on my imagination, but I personally think this is quite a normal thing to feel at old age.

The characters of Asmara and Ashar are created by Fari(SmileyStar), since Im immensely in love with them, I used their names instead of something elseWink

PMs will be sent later 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi530DevilwaysNinaArief-FrozenRain-Avi64Sweet_Ashum-Manal.A-KwitKattsSmileyStarShiningStar18..Ankita..angelic shazAmeresOnlyHope

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: The Promise Remains" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
||Writing Index||

Ashar- Khirad One Shots

Arnav-Khushi One Shots

Other One Shots Completely Imagination Based

Like this post if you are on my buddy list and would like to receive PMs for future written updates and Buddy me AND like this post if you are not on my Buddy list already. Thank You.

Note: If you are NOT on my Buddy List you will NOT be getting PMs and even if you dont Buddy me and Like this post you will get PMs, Buddying me will just make my life easierLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_AshumKwitKatts..Ankita..Krishnaluv94*Nishi*--Ruchi--

Sweet_Ashum

Goldie

Sweet_Ashum

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged
U r making me cry on my bdayyy!
I'll sue you LOL
That was a touching OS!
Ashar-Asmara's parents are no more???
Nahiii
Oh okay...well!
Their grandma loves them so much! 
I..dont seriously know what to say
Splendid job!!!!
Loooved it
Thanks a lot for the PM

P.S: I beat Fari here...Oh yeah!!!! One bday girl beating the other bday girl...lalalalala ROFL

Edited by Sweet_Ashum - 14 July 2012 at 12:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmileyStar

SmileyStar

IF-Rockerz

SmileyStar

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Oh Shut Up Ashum! ROFL

Res! :)

*EDITED*

Awww you're sooo sweeet!! You used Ashar and Asmara's names! It feels sooo great to have your characters loved like this! Thank Youuu *gives a sweeping bow* Tongue

Now, the OS... Awww that was sooo sad! Ashar and Asmara live with their grandmother cos there parents are no more? *sob sob* But its very cute how those two little ones take care of their grandma... Adorable! Embarrassed I love how you write such different work from other writers! Completely of your imagination... Amazing! Keep it up Embarrassed

Edited by SmileyStar - 15 July 2012 at 3:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_Ashum-Grace-

Sweet_Ashum

Goldie

Sweet_Ashum

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SmileyStar

Oh Shut Up Ashum ROFL Res! :)

Bahahahaha! Fact is a fact!!!
I beat you here
Lalalalalala ROFL

SmileyStar

ShiningStar18

IF-Rockerz

ShiningStar18

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

Aww so cute!

Can't believe their parents aren't alive :(
Haha i guessed that these names are taken from Fari! Wink
Simply amazing OS!
Was really touching Embarrassed

-Grace-

Avi64

Goldie

Avi64

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
that was a touching one... beautiful in a sad way...

-Grace-

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 15 July 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Res Embarrassed

-Edit-

Awww sucha nice and light piece of writing!
Definitely something i can feel we'd all feel at one point in time..
& the promise was awfully beautiful <3
Hayeee Asher <3
I lvoe the nameee..and recently found out my friend's husband's name is Asher! I was like wow..a real life Asher ROFL
PS- you portray any kinda feeling VERY well...like such an OS is very unlikely to come from the general crowd..especially at your age..which is why I LOVE you and get along so well with you Embarrassed *touchwood*

Edited by OnlyHope - 18 July 2012 at 12:49am

-Grace-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top