Page 9 of 20

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Fans bid tearful goodbye to Dara Singh

Thursday, July 12, 2012 | 5:06:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) Comments 1 Comments

Thousands of fans with moist eyes bid final farewell to their favourite actor and Bollywood's first macho man Dara Singh, who died here Thursday morning.

Thousands of fans with moist eyes bid final farewell to their favourite actor and Bollywood's first macho man Dara Singh, who died here Thursday morning.

The legend's final journey started around 3 p.m. from his residence in Juhu. His body was placed on a mini-truck decorated with colourful flowers, and taken to the Pawan Hans crematorium, where his last rites were conducted.

Despite the security arrangements, Dara Singh's grieving fans managed to pay homage - they were showering flower petals on the late wrestler's body.

Raza Murad, Rishi Kapoor, Fardeen Khan and Dolly Bindra were among the Bollywood celebrities who came for the last rites.

Former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh remembered Dara Singh for stint as a wrestler-actor and added: "He never misused his friends. I still remember him for his role in 'Ramayan'."

Dara Singh died at his home here Thursday morning following a brief illness. He was 84.

He had a cardiac problem on July 7 and was rushed to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital by his family members. He had been in a critical condition since then.

He is survived by his wife and six children - three sons and three daughters. One of his sons, Vindu Dara Singh, is a known name in showbiz.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchbhakti2visromcityoflights-.Aphrodite.-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rest in Peace, Dara Singh (Page 9)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

naina2010

IF-Dazzler

naina2010

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged

I have always admired him as an actor. I remember him mostly as Lord Hanuman in Ramayan

I pray to God. May his soul rest in peace.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflights

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
I always remember him as an amazing actor with a down-to-earth personality.

Rest in peace sir!

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
His body has departed but he will always live among us, as Hanuman ji.

I still can't believe our super hero Hanuman is no more!

He will be remembered forever, as the great unmatched champion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2cityoflights

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Still feeling sooo sad hearing Dara Singh ji's news :(((( CryCryCryCry Will neverr ever forget him and his legendary portrayal as our most beloved Hanuman ji out of all. I'm sure Lord Ram is keeping him safe and even more happy with him now Heart RIP Dara ji. you will always be loved, admired, respected and remembered Heart Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflights

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:02am | IP Logged
OMG Dara Singhji was the BEST Hanuman up till date. He always will be. May his soul rest in peace :( Thanks for creating this thread Lola.

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:18am | IP Logged
He was the embodiment of strength and courage both on screen and off screen. It is so sad that the world lost such a great man. Rest in Peace. 

eternity_of_luv

IF-Rockerz

eternity_of_luv

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged
may his soul rest in peace

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.