Page 1 of 20

Page 1
Page   of 20
Page 2 Page 20

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

As many of you may have seen in the news recently, the past few days had been a period of difficulty for one of India's most beloved entertainers. The great Dara Singh had been hospitalized after he suffered a cardiac arrest on July 7th, 2012. Complications arose, his condition deteriorated, and he passed away earlier today surrounded by family and friends. He was 84 years young.

It was indeed painful to learn of this news at first, and I was initially reluctant to share it here. If there's one thing my mytho buddies and I can almost unanimously agree on, it's the fact that we LOVE Dara Singh. Much as I'll miss seeing those eyes that glimmered with 'masti' even at such an advanced age, it is of some consolation that God sheltered him now rather than letting him suffer for too long.

Rather than simply mourning, let us take this opportunity to celebrate his life and its many accomplishments.  His journey as an entertainer began in the wrestling ring, where he earned a reputation as a world champion after defeating fighters from the US the the Far East and everywhere in between. 

He then took to the silver screen, turning low budget Bollywood action capers into box office hits (often with support from the beautiful Mumtaz). 

From the late 60s onwards, he acted in over a dozen mythological films. 
He put forth charismatic portrayals of a number of memorable characters including Lord Shiva, Balram, Bhim, and - who could ever forget, his legacy - Ram Bhakt Hanuman. In 1987, he brought that role to television screens in Ramanand Sagar's classic Ramayan with such a perfect mix of mischief and devotion that even today, his face comes to millions of minds upon hearing the name "Hanuman".

He then entered the realm of politics to make a difference on a broader scale, making audiences smile with cameos in films and on television as recently as Jab We Met in 2007.

Even offscreen, he is remembered by his colleagues including Dharmendra, Arun Govil, Deepika, etc. as a soft spoken, kind-hearted family man. For further reading, here's his filmography and bio, an interesting article on his personal life, and tributes from various members of the film industry. 

I thank him for the devotion he inspired in viewers like me who will forever associate him with Hanumanji, and I pray that wherever he is now, he may continue to experience God's grace and mercy.

Please join me in paying respects to this great man, celebrating his achievements, and sharing your thoughts and prayers.

Edited by lola610 - 12 July 2012 at 12:42am

The following 154 member(s) liked the above post:

DayalNandwaniwissenindia88Maitrimanthanveeru.heerladly123menoka23radha9ac82prayasbanetta10kliciousJannat786K__Sscreen22nikkigreenguryanina282pips27arshi_forever9Shreya30456Sameerah1992sheljathendralfan007VIP.Lifefire_whiskycrazy87ariangirl-Deepali--Swetha-BhavaaniArmu4evaDemonStarBhavanabAmor.DEE2803VibhishnaShivangBuchKevaVersatileStarbhakti2PrincessDreamsJustShantaStarstruck1382xxDaydreameRxxpreetivrchinky353its_menavyaalex8sirilikesdaya_glorious_IshaqzaadeRasa23-Alishah-srain10Angel-Jot.christiandior.-Srushti-.anishaa.Nav2010ShaitaanSundarifri42911fantesyClaraOswald...neelanjanainshuuzsewaqVinder90teju695Chand_Ni-enchanted-abhiya_kapinavmananizorguess_wh0-scarlett-Vinnie79samrudhi.rcupcake-Heema22Vina23Loveforlife-SilverFlames-jakther7...Oyshee...PumpkinnaanyakunatcorvettexSaiyaaraFavouriteofallRach.sashashyam--Greeshu--uluvmgAishuHiBawariRaDMG25mIsHeZ.x-Stutz--Nymphadora-cityoflights.Vrish.Sano88-Anaya-MP_RadhavisromAASUSMyInspirationz-.Aphrodite.-shibzmazkachazkasamades-Mayu-suj01-Vanshika-Siddhi_shalikinara17-Priti11-RavishingSaRunMitu_Captain_Philips-SexyAngel-Varnita.Tyromeena..epiphany.astonish-Shrutilafangi_Mahif.s.m.Reshama.AngelicDesiresincandescent--Wingless--...navina...TishanaSwastikAshNiaartipartyy.SalmanDeewani..ByGod.Nancy.RajvirNandini.Neelambari..goolab.lostatsea.ZaYa_Beintehaa-Araina-..RamKiJanaki..SunShine_Asita11spvdmisty85pickachumishti_17..MissBindaas..Rafid.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rest in Peace, Dara Singh" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Maitrimanthan

Maitrimanthan

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Dara Singh ji passed away this morning at 7:30 PM. We will miss you Sir. May his soul rest in peace.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chinky353its_meanizor

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
This is indeed a very very sad news. May his soul RIP.

In memory of the immortal Hanuman I grew up watching.

He will be missed by everyone...

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

Maitrimanthanroma2011-Deepali-Amor.xxDaydreameRxxsirilikesdayaits_mefri42911samrudhi.r.anishaa.-scarlett-RatiGuluvmgcityoflightsAASUSastonish*Piku*shali..RamKiJanaki..misty85-Araina-

Maitrimanthan

Maitrimanthan

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting that picture. That image will never fade, there never was and never will be anyone like him. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

its_me.anishaa.uluvmgLoveforlifevisrom

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Lola, could you please make this a Global announcement...he deserves that honour.
 Here's Arun ji's statement.

Didn't get the one by Deepika, but got the one by Sunil Lahiri.
Here it is...

Edited by visrom - 12 July 2012 at 1:08am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkigreenAmor.Bhavanabbhakti2ShivangBuchsirilikesdayaaishrayits_mefri42911.anishaa.Rach.uluvmgcityoflightsmisty85

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
This is a real sad news .. he defined Hanuman for many of us .. a hero he was,is and always will be in our hearts .. will miss him today and always.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ac82xxDaydreameRxx-scarlett-uluvmg

kanak.

kanak.

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Alvida Rustom-E-Hind Dara Singh. You inspired an entire generation with your portrayal as Maha Bali Hanuman. When I think of a protector I see you in Hanuman ji's getup. Today is one of the saddest days. You always live in my thoughts. Rest in peace. 

ac82xxDaydreameRxxmisty85

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Thanks for the posts, guys. I have just finished editing the first post and requested Shruti to put it up as a GA.

@ Vis, thanks a bunch for sharing that vid. I just saw the interview  with Arunji on the news a couple of hours ago, and the reporter mentioned that she had just broadcasted her conversation with Deepika right before. If you find a link for that, can you please share it here as well?

ac82surdrcityoflights

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.