Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

Shows axed due to low TRPs

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Jul 12, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Shows axed due to low TRPs
Aasman Se Aage
While there are television serials that run for years, a few go off air within months after they fail to garner a good response from audiences and suffer from dipping TRPs. 

Shubh Vivah, Aasman Se Aage, Sajda TerePyaar Mein are a few shows that couldn't strike a chord with the audience.

Shubh Vivah
Timeline: Feb 2012- June 2012
The show, which revolved around a father and his five daughters who are of marriageable age, did not live up to its hype from the day it was launched. Even Eijaz Khan's charisma could not woo the audience. The show makers tried to add spice with a twist in which Khan's character dies, but it didn't work. The show could not go far and went off air within five months.

Eijaz Khan: "It was a great learning experience working with some senior actors like Rakesh Bedi. Some things work, some don't. But sometimes it happens that something which doesn't work might be close to your heart. I have always given my 100 per cent to a show, and success according to me is aiming to do something most efficiently."

Aasman Se Aage
Timeline: April 2012- July 2012
The story follows the journey of a girl called Meenakshi (Ojaswi Oberoi) who hails from a poor background and takes part in a dance reality show. Her producer, played by Apoorva Agnihotri, tries to exploit her poverty in the show to acquire high TRPs. Though touted as Apoorva's comeback after a long break, the show did not manage to garner good TRPs. It earned only 0.5 to 0.7 TRP while on air. After completing a three-month run, the show is going off air on July 13.

Ojaswi Oberoi: "People initially liked the show but due to some erratic factors, the show was axed within a few months. First of all, it was launched during the IPL season and secondly the time slot of 10.30 pm clashed with two other prominent shows (Bade Achhe Lagte Hai and Na Bole Tum...Na Maine Kuch Kaha). Though the concept was unique, it couldn't impress viewers."

Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein
Timeline: Feb 2012- June 2012
It traced the journey of 21-year-old Aaliya (Deblina Chatterjee), a modern Muslim girl whose love interest Ranveer (Shaleen Bhanot) is an ATB (Anti-Terrorism Bureau) agent. She had to choose between her love and her duty. In spite of a different concept, the show ratings never showed an upward graph and the show failed to make an impact. It was replaced by the showPyar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara.

Dekha Ek Khwab
Timeline: Nov 2011- July 2012
This show started with a fresh concept. It revolved around the life of a girl named Manyata (Priya Gor) who wished to be a princess. Her wish came true overnight as she discovered that she was the long lost princess of the Devgadh Royals. Despite a good star cast (it included Aruna Irani), enough publicity and a prime time slot, the show failed to grab eyeballs. After giving several ultimatums to the makers, the channel finally decided to take the show off air and sources now inform that Dekha Ek Khwaab will say its final goodbye on July 26.

Navya
Timeline: April 2011-June 2012
This show which highlighted the communication gap between the parents and their children also revolved around the love story of Anant (Shaheer Sheikh) and Navya (Saumya Seth) Their relationship was accepted by their parents after initial rejection. What came as a refreshing change was later on turned into kitchen politics. The serial was shifted to 6 pm from its original prime time slot, and finally went off air after completing one year.

Siddarth Kumar Tewary, producer: "Every good thing comes to an end, and that only happened with my show. It got a good audience response but I think instead of just dragging a show, it is better to call it off."..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uadi_guptaanizorswethasyam08

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Shows axed due to low trp-ASA" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks Tanu

Pathetic Channel AngryAngryand Pathetic TRP systemAngryAngry

I am so glad DC gave it back indirectly to the channel LifeOK  with the dialogues given to Apurva,ClapClapClap

Anyways I am done with watching Indian Television shows, seeing teh state of affairs all teh shows sing teh same tune

ASA was novel and loved the way they showed how the producers  scrutinize the reality shows , how things are  taken for the TRP whatever the unknowing scripting of the players in the show...ClapClapClap

DC is one Phenomenal character and Apurva has the Guts to play this role Kudos to my fav actor !!ClapClap He won my heart with this role !! more than even beforeClapClap

and Kudos to the entire team who proved  that they make an awesome team. Ojaswi , Siddharth , Monica , Mansi, Kushal, Ahem and rest of the team ..

They are a different breed of actors and amazing characters played with teh intensity to show how human mind dwells and proves morals can be string hold and inner strenght brought out !!

Shows like this come ones in a lifetime but Herd mentality channels and herd mentality masses who bring these so called TRP will never understand..

I am sure internal politics may be also used to pull strings on this show as  many angles depect what goes on in reality shows and also mapped to the commecial shows where  overnte an actror can be replaced and they become history and someone else is taken just like here also...

Very  ruthless act by the channel AngryAngryAngry

Its one heck of a show for 2012 !!ClapClap The best I have seen after  a show which was pulled out inspite of being No 1 on charts in which Apu  came after the leap !! ClapClap

Edited by shanti05 - 11 July 2012 at 1:17pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mcmohanmoonstruckanizorSmritiKathaswethasyam08

sami01

IF-Sizzlerz

sami01

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
channel was cruel and am glad Production house gave it to channel in end with some very well meaning dialouges...so sad loss of such good show

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorswethasyam08shanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Sammy thats the icing on the cake for channels who are greedy for the so called TRP's ...

Apu's dialogues were gr8, and DC ka tho jawab nahi ... Spoof dala who bhi to kick ass the channel only kudos to the  writer for his character...ClapClapClap

Its a hatkey show and critically the best I would say.. Atleast this is a lesson learnt from this show ki TRP say Kameenia kuch bhi nahi !!Ouch...And the way the backstage of shows run ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorswethasyam08

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
thanks fr sharing Tanu!!

such stupid decision by channel Angry good they gave back to them.

anizorshanti05

farheen.raji

IF-Dazzler

farheen.raji

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:19am | IP Logged
tfs
hope 2 c the whole cast in sum other shw n ofcourse in sum other channel

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shanti05

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:42am | IP Logged
More than channel we should also blame viewers,They never really moved on from Saas bahu sagas 

anizorshanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Pia well said, The audience are the ones who have'nt changed in their mentality..

These kinda shows  are scaled high reality TV is the real TV , and fiction of such conceptualization is not clicked as they don't seem to more from the quantity  stuff they are stuck in and see some quality stuff like ASA

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.