Mythological Masti

Dara Singh battling between life and death!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 | 1:32:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 9 Comments

Wrestling legend Dara Singh is still fighting his death as he drifts into limbo of oblivion..

Wrestler-actor Dara Singh Randhawa who has been critical for the last few days is now surviving only on machines. The actor's condition was very critical and he had been battling stoically for the last few days. MRI scan showed significant damage to brain due to decreased oxygen supply. The action hero suffered from cardiac arrest and was admitted at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai.

The actor has three sons and three daughters - Pruduman Singh Randhawa, Vindu Dara Singh and Amrik Singh. All his children are married.
Bollycurry spoke to his son Vindoo Dara Singh who told us-" He has not exactly passed away. He is in that situation that he is not alive or dead, but I am happy he has lived a great life."

Dara Singh, won the esteemed title of Rustam-e-Hind for his wrestling prowess and he entered the film world in 1952 with "Sangdil".

He has appeared in various films like "Watan Se Door", ""Rustom-E-Baghdad", "Sher Dil", "Sikandar E Azam", "Raaka", "Mera Naam Joker", "Dharam Karam" and "Mard". He was last seen in 2007 release "Jab We Met".
Reporter: Nadia Malik.
Editor: Medha Parashar.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This is really sad.😭 Dara Singhji is one of the few actors alive of RS Ramayan, and to think of him suffering is really painful.

I hope Ramji showers his grace on him and helps him recover. We should all pray for him.
RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its a really sad news...I am always praying for him. I really hope, he gets well soon!!!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I read this on facebook, it is really so sad! He gave depth to the show, Ramayan. I'm sure Ramji will show his grace and help him. 
RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Dara Singh Ji's brain dead..>Doctors have send him back home...really very sad news
bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh it is a very sad news...I do remember him from Ramayan and he was actor of wonderful depth and voice.
I will pray that he would be well soon, but if that is not god's plan then I pray that god will show mercy and help ease the passage from this body for him if that is what is meant to happen now.  I will keep his family in my thoughts.

Thank you for posting so that we may have this news.

RadhaKrishan thumbnail

Mumbai, July 12 Critically ill actor-wrestler Dara Singh was shifted from hospital to his Juhu home late Wednesday as it was his family's wish that the 84-year-old actor should be at home in the last stages of his life, a hospital official said.

Mumbai, July 12 (IANS) Critically ill actor-wrestler Dara Singh was shifted from hospital to his Juhu home late Wednesday as it was his family's wish that the 84-year-old actor should be at home in the last stages of his life, a hospital official said.

"As his condition was deteriorating, respecting the wishes of the family he has been shifted home with ventilator and medicines. A nurse and doctor are at his home," Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, told IANS.

"They wanted him to be at home during his last stages. We have facilitated this," he said.

Dara Singh was undergoing dialysis at the hospital. He was hospitalised Saturday.

The actor's close friends including Dharmendra, Raza Murad and Farah Khan among others visited him at the hospital.

Dara Singh, who won the title of Rustam-e-Hind for his wrestling prowess, entered the film world in the 1960s.

He appeared in various films like "Watan Se Door", "Daada", "Rustom-E-Baghdad", "Sher Dil", "Sikandar E Azam", "Raaka", "Mera Naam Joker" and "Dharam Karam".

He was last seen in the 2007 release "Jab We Met".

Dara Singh also appeared in TV serials and is best known for his portrayal of Hanuman in "Ramayan".

Really very sad news 😔

Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ohh This is Really Really Sad ðŸ˜­ !!!
It is Just so painful to Read This, He is One of those Actors to Whom I really Admired !!
I will Pray that HE Do recover Soon !! ANd I hope he DO because the Blessings of thousands of Persons all over the World are with him !!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Varnita.

Ohh This is Really Really Sad ðŸ˜­ !!!

It is Just so painful to Read This, He is One of those Actors to Whom I really Admired !!
I will Pray that HE Do recover Soon !! ANd I hope he DO because the Blessings of thousands of Persons all over the World are with him !!

Yes, not only is he an amazing actor but he's also such a good person. He really does not deserve this pain.Cry I hope he recovers very soon with the prayers of us all!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: -.Preet.-

Mumbai, July 12 Critically ill actor-wrestler Dara Singh was shifted from hospital to his Juhu home late Wednesday as it was his family's wish that the 84-year-old actor should be at home in the last stages of his life, a hospital official said.

Mumbai, July 12 (IANS) Critically ill actor-wrestler Dara Singh was shifted from hospital to his Juhu home late Wednesday as it was his family's wish that the 84-year-old actor should be at home in the last stages of his life, a hospital official said.

"As his condition was deteriorating, respecting the wishes of the family he has been shifted home with ventilator and medicines. A nurse and doctor are at his home," Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, told IANS.

"They wanted him to be at home during his last stages. We have facilitated this," he said.

Dara Singh was undergoing dialysis at the hospital. He was hospitalised Saturday.

The actor's close friends including Dharmendra, Raza Murad and Farah Khan among others visited him at the hospital.

Dara Singh, who won the title of Rustam-e-Hind for his wrestling prowess, entered the film world in the 1960s.

He appeared in various films like "Watan Se Door", "Daada", "Rustom-E-Baghdad", "Sher Dil", "Sikandar E Azam", "Raaka", "Mera Naam Joker" and "Dharam Karam".

He was last seen in the 2007 release "Jab We Met".

Dara Singh also appeared in TV serials and is best known for his portrayal of Hanuman in "Ramayan".

Really very sad news 😔

Oh God, this is true then!😭 By God's grace, I hope his death will be painless and that he will receive peace by being surrounded by his loved ones.

I hope God showers his mercy on him, no one played or will play Lord Hanuman as well as he did.