Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

Kabir Sadanand

Kabir takes a break from CID

Actor-director Sadanand says he wants to concentrate on acting and the big screen

Ram Kamal Mukherjee

Actor and director Kabir Sadanand has decided to take a break from Sony's popular show CID. He has been directing the serial for nearly six months now. "I am drained out. I have exhausted myself and want to take a break from the serial," he says.

He was signed by Fireworks Entertainment, because they wanted to give the serial a fresh look. And Sadanand confesses that he has 'enjoyed every moment working on CID.' However he sees himself more as an actor, than as a director. "I am basically an actor and I need to act. I have always enjoyed direction and I think I will eventually get back to direction. Meanwhile I would want to focus on films," he says.

Sadanand has made his big-screen directorial debut with Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jao, which bombed at the box office. "But I have learnt a lot from my mistakes," he says. It was only after this that he ventured into television direction.

He continues, "It's a tiring process. But once you get into the system, it's easy. In the last six months I have tried my best to bring in changes. I will always cherish the memories of working with a fantastic team."

Currently Sadanand is busy shooting for Subhash Ghai's film Good Boy Bad Boy. Speaking about it he says, "I play the role of the 'Bad Boy' in the film. He is not your typical Bollywood villain. He is a cool dude. Moreover, I guess as an actor, Mukta Arts and Subhash Ghai matter a lot."

Sadanand says that he will soon sign another big banner film and is also planning to start his next venture. "My script is ready. I am working on the cast. I will make sure that I don't repeat the mistakes I made during my first film," he says.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kabir takes a break from CID" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 17 June 2006 at 10:21am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing and good luck to him!!! Wink

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Go to top