Rules & Announcements

Celebrity Ranking will be posted at around 6PM IST (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 14

stardust-

IF-Rockerz

stardust-

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
i don't think there will be much of a change. For those who think the ranking system is biased, yes it is! that's the way it looks like for the non top 4-10. The same actors are on the top every week as that is how the system works. its called 'feeding on itself' in technological terms. LOL

The system is biased in such a way that every 2 years a range of new top 4 emerges. and the current top 2 are pushed down to the bottom list of top 4.

As for MIDs, decent initiative from the management team. As we can see, there was nothing much that happened to the profiles of actors on top #2. There were barely 500 MIDs. The profiles of #3 and #4 saw a drastic change however, with nearly 6000 MIDs removed. The rest of the actors till top 10 had a few changes and the ones after top 10 not many.

And if you can call this MID removal system "biased" i don't think a   software program can be biased. Confused If you have read and understood Vijay's last post on MIDs, there is no scope for a biased removal.

In any case, not many get that IF rankings are just that a ranking on IF. they don't determine how well the show does, or even worse how well the actor does LOL. Its intention was to create a healthy competition and some time for fun. Yes, there are our favorites and sadly even IF rankings can keep them on top for just a year or two.
If you've given into the system, you can just have fun for an year seeing your favourite on top!!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayArhi-4evaAR-ARHI_naila_sasi_KeshriyaEdella17Tyro-sylph-JohnyLovesSanzprincessunaraunknowndesires.-Rashi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Celebrity Ranking will be posted at around 6PM IST (Page 8)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AR-ARHI_naila

I just dont get it. Whats wrong in mentioning DD n GC? is it a rule that I cant mention any actors name here? Im not bashing any actor/ fan groups here. just asked a simple question. why are u getting so hyper about it? my question is very simple and straight-forward, if u dont have any logical answer, then there is no need to make an issue out of it.

see dear i dnt have problem in mentioning actors.. but u very well knw tat the actors in question fanz mite get hyper and may turn this thread to no where tat is the reason i asked not to take any actors name... u sud be knowing abt every fan groups.. how can ppl react also..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AR-ARHI_nailaAsmi13

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stardust-

In any case, not many get that IF rankings are just that a ranking on IF. they don't determine how well the show does, or even worse how well the actor does LOL. Its intention was to create a healthy competition and some time for fun. Yes, there are our favorites and sadly even IF rankings can keep them on top for just a year or two.
If you've given into the system, you can just have fun for an year seeing your favourite on top!!

Exactly!!! So many actors are highly popular in real life but their ranking on IF is below 20.LOLLOL So all of this is just meant for fun and to give some chance of competition to fans, but people have taken it too seriously lately.SleepySleepy

I can understand why the first four celebs are in first four. I don't necessarily think their ranking is biased because their fans work ridiculously hard to keep them on top, so they're being paid for their hard work I guess.Geek But what seemed biased to me before was the ranking of celebrities below the top 30. Sometimes it seemed that the system did not take much into consideration when giving them ranks and just randomly assigned them, because celebrities who did not get comments in weeks were ahead of celebrities who got at least 20-30 comments every day.Shocked

I hope that stops, and every single celebrity on IF is ranked fairly.

Btw, is it possible to take TRPs of a show into consideration when ranking forums? I think the shows that have high TRPs deserve to be ranked highly on IF as well.Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Billatwo-ProudGCian-

Sandy-Naz

IF-Sizzlerz

Sandy-Naz

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged
i donot care about Ranking fair or unfair and i really donot care about Gc and DD having Mids and not...Smile
bt i donot know why Mids issue is solving now...Pinchif it solve much earlier then all things would better then this and also fans response...Stern Smile
bt any ways donot care...GC and DD rocks and always be,whether they are 1,2 or out from top10...Thumbs Upand this site is for fans for proving their love for their fav and not for deciding whether a celeb is best or not..Smile

Edited by sundasnaz - 10 July 2012 at 5:19am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

angel-gcianparigeetNinnzGmAyesha05AR-ARHI_nailaAsmi13crystalalenaInvisible_Wings--aarthi--

PureBliss

IF-Stunnerz

PureBliss

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged
please look at the profiles of other celebs also..this is seriously unfair that you are deleting mids from only selected celebs' profiles! Now don't tell me others dont have mids Tongue Why target only Rati Pandey and Drashti Dhami? Others are also there!

Now this is a great way of taking RP out of top 20..or even 100. I guess you are bored of seeing the same person on top for 4 years now..so u can't stand this anymore! 

PS. I have nothing against other celebs, its just that I want this deleting thing to be followed on every celeb's profile..not just one or two to make it fair :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

parigeetDrashti13FavouriteofallSwirledDreams.ByGod.Nancy

Arhi-4eva

Groupbie

Arhi-4eva

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by preeti369

lol we r seeing that u r deleting mids only from particular celebrity what can be expected from you this forum is only fair for few actors and we know ur surprise already so we will not be surprised sir Wink

It's not true to say that only MID's have been removed from DD and GC's fan clubs, it has happened to all the fan clubs, even on BS's and SI's.

I even made a post about how I was annoyed that they removed some fans from their fan club, however I was told that it was because they were MID's with people making several accounts from the same IP address. Unfortunately it just happened that GC had the most MID's, followed by DD, and BS and lastly Sanaya. This isn't my opinion this is what is the truth and what I have been told.

So please don't think only DD's and GC's fan clubs have been effected. It has happened to everyone's.
Besides with DD I don't think you have anything to worry about as she has a huge active fan club without all the MID's and at least now no-one can say that success comes only because IF is biased or because of MID's. Or would people rather have success due to MID's?Confused

Edited by Arhi-4eva - 10 July 2012 at 5:21am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mtazbsayli_sarunJohnyLovesSanz-Rashiprincessunara

Doracake

IF-Dazzler

Doracake

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Chalo dekhte hai!

BTW yeah baised IF wale se Fair ranking ka koi umeed nahi!
Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ayesha05

SwirledDreams

IF-Sizzlerz

SwirledDreams

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 5:27am | IP Logged
urghhh biased IF
u've lost it'what do you think rati've 5000 midz
idiotsss go to hellAngry
i dont care abt rankings,rati di z always best for me
you guyz give preference only to few actors ,,go n rock vid dem and if possible delete rati's profile too frm ur site,,then ofcouse you guyz will be most happy.Angry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NinnzGmFavouriteofall.ByGod.NancyPureBliss

Post Reply New Post

Go to top